[X V I I]

The Dead Wayfarers

Kyungsoo had finally fallen asleep as Yongguk pulled the covers over him. Then as quiet as he could, Yongguk backed out and shut the door to Kyungsoo's room. Downstairs he saw Hyori looking out the window, as if something interesting had caught her attention. 

Once Yongguk stepped down from the stairs and onto the wooden floor, the lights went off. Hyori turned around while Yongguk looked around confused. "Did the lights just die?" He asked to himself but with his deep and loud voice, Hyori heard it clearly. 

"I'm surprised there was even electricity. After the apocalypse broke out no one has any control over the power of the electricity. And it was shut off all over the world." Hyori walked across the floor and approached Yongguk in the darkness. "There's something I'm curious about." She started and Yongguk listened attentively. "Yoo Seungho, do you think he's still alive?" 

"I believe he is." Yongguk replied quickly and noticed her crossing her arms. 

"Why do you believe so?"

Yongguk smiled a little as he headed over to take a seat on the couches while answering, "Because he has the ability and motivation to stay alive." 

"What motivation?"

"He has his brother." Yongguk said with a growing smile before continuing, "Seungho is really protective of his brother." 

"You're talking about Kyungsoo right?" Hyori asked as she took the seat horizontal from Yongguk. 

"Yeah. When I first met Seungho, he seemed so cold and heartless. But after talking to the fellow, his way of caring was just a little harsh. Seungho.... He's someone I want to rely on but he doesn't want anyone to rely on him. That's what I believe, that's the abilities he has to make it on his own." Yongguk explained in a smooth tone. 

Hyori crossed her legs as she sat on the couch, "How long have you known Seungho?"

Yongguk shrugged,"A week at most maybe? But it feels like I've known him forever. How about you?" Yongguk asked as he looked across to the dark figure of Hyori. 

"Oh, well I didn't know him personally but we went to college together. We have a few classes together." She explained and Yongguk bounced his head up and down. 

"That's cool." Yongguk commented then paused, "Wait, which college?" 

"Hm.... Seoul University...." She filled him in and Yongguk hummed. 

"One of my boys used to go there as well. He wasn't a very good student but he still went to school because he wanted to build a brighter future for us." Yongguk added. There was a long silence before Hyori broke the ice. 

"Want to do something crazy?" She asked catching Yongguk's attention. 

"What?"

"Let's go out and find Seungho." She insisted, Yongguk watched her shadow for a while trying to make up his mind. 

"Call."

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho was standing in the basement of their house as all the dead wayfarers whom had been trapped in there and killed by him; made a pile near the stairs and metal door. Blood were splattered all over Seungho's pale face and clothes. His hand with the knife's holder hanging from the tips of his fingers appeared as if he had dipped his hand and knife into a bowl of blood. 

Seungho dropped to the couch that was in the basement, in which he used to sit and sleep on. With Kyungsoo.

The latter shut his eyes slowly, after seeing the zombie of his mother and father, while sitting on the couch and leaning against the wall. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

CL locked herself inside a pick up truck as the dead ones tried to get to her, they bang and hit against the glass over and over again. CL covered her ears and closed her eyes when she couldn't look them in the faces. The car rocked from side to side out of her control. 

Yongguk and Hyori were walking side by side when the night was for whatever reason silent. Not a groan could be heard, but they kept their eyes pierced for any zombies that may just dropped them. Until from a distant they could hear a larger crowd of zombies. 

"Help me!" CL screamed through the crack of the window as zombies poked their fingers through. Yongguk and Hyori looked at one another, and then they hurriedly forward. Around the corner they could see a dark crowd of zombies surrounding a large car, and the screaming of CL could be heard passed all the groanings. 

Yongguk grabbed a metal stick on the ground while Hyori pulled the knife from the straps around her shin. Yongguk stabbed the metal through the head of the nearest zombie with its back to him, Hyori waited for one zombie to turn around before attacking it face first. "Someone please help me!" CL cried through all the noises as Yongguk and Hyori made their way in quickly. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Day breaks and Seungho opened his eyes slowly. 

Seungho opened the door to the living room and noticed CL was gone and the front door was opened. Seungho begin panicking as he hurried toward the halls, he checked the closed rooms and after he took a quick glance around the room he was about to turn and leave until he noticed something. 

There was a large hole in the walls of Kyungsoo's room and he could see the bathtub on the other side. Seungho didn't waste a minute as he entered the master room and then toward the bathroom. He saw the door against the ground with a few bodies on top of it. 

Seungho ran back into Kyungsoo's room. "Kyungsoo? Kyung-CL!" Seungho hurried around the house, he checked Yesung's room as well but no one was in there. Seungho headed into the living room and noticed CL's bats were gone. Seungho shut the front door and locked it, then he headed into the basement and shut its door again. 

Seungho lie on top of the couch and placed his forearm over his temple and shut his eyes.

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Yongguk was panting when he knocked on the window and CL who ducked her head and covered her ears slowly looked up. She saw Yongguk covered in sweat and blood as he waited to see her face, then she looked around and saw Hyori finish stabbing a zombie on the head. It was really hour, the two had spent a few hours trying to take out the whole crowd and luckily for them, they did without getting any scratches or got attacked. 

CL opened the door and Yongguk opened it all the way as he stepped closer to her, "Are you alright?" He asked, CL jumped out of the car after grabbing her bats, and nodded as she kept her head down and looked around their surroundings. "Are you alone?" He asked, CL didn't answer and kept her head down. 

After going around with CL, she was equally afraid of humans and zombies. After all, she have seen how Seungho dealed with humans and how they dealt with him. Usually the other party dies when they come across Seungho for some reason. 

"I-" She build up her courage to reply, but Yongguk appeared as a dangerous man. 

"It's alright, you can speak comfortably to me." He reassured her and it did encouraged her. CL lifted her head up and looked up at Yongguk. 

"I was with someone.... But I lost him." She said, Yongguk nodded and hummed. 

"Hm then come with us, we'll take you back to where we're staying." He said and Hyori watched them from the side. She came out to find Seungho and now Yongguk wanted to return as they take the woman back. Yongguk turned toward her direction and noticed Hyori opposed the idea, "Let's take her back first, she must be tired and hungry. Afterwards we'll let the others know and come back." He said, she sighed and nodded after a while. 

Yongguk looked down to her and took a step back so she could move away from the car, he shut the door after her. And slowly they returned to their current home. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

The sun was up and out now, lighting up Seoul. Zelo yawned and stretched his arms into the air as he came downstairs. He could barely opened his eyes as he went into the kitchen he removed the cap over the bowl of fruits. On the side he grabbed a spoon and put a spoonful in his mouth. Then the opening of the front door made him freeze in his spot, then he saw Yongguk carrying in a woman bridal style and Hyori behind him, she shut the door and as she was about to turn back around she noticed Zelo. 

She didn't say a word and headed over to where Yongguk gently placed CL on the couch. She placed CL's bats beside the couch. Zelo covered the bowl and hurried over, "You went out Yongguk?" Zelo asked as he stood behind the couch. He could see CL's face but she wasn't his slightest concern. 

Yongguk stood up and sighed, "Yeah for a little." He replied, Zelo took a step forward and looked closer at CL. 

"Who's she?"

"Ah, we helped out when a large group of zombies were trying to get her." He explained and Zelo nodded. 

"Ah good morning everyone!" They all turned toward the morning greetings of Jun Gyu. Then behind him Kyungsoo followed quietly, Zelo laughed at Jun Gyu's messy hair and the old man pouted. He headed over to Zelo and the tall man took his time to fix the old man's hair. 

Kyungsoo headed over and noticed the stranger. "Why is she here?" He asked eyeing Yongguk; the built man cleared his throat. 

"Ah we just happened to run into her and help her out a little." Yongguk explained. But Hyori scroffed instead. 

"What little help? It took us hours to kill wayfarers after wayfarers." She said. Zelo and Jun Gyu turned toward her direction. 

"Wayfarers?" They asked in unison but she ignored their question. 

"Well I'm heading up to rest." She stated and disappeared as she took off her jacket.

Silence befell the room and everyone just watched for any reactions from the woman. Until Kyungsoo noticed the bats, he bend down a little and grabbed one with a red handle. The name was visible and he could read out Mark's full name. Kyungsoo's hands begin shaking as he bend over to grabbed the other one. "S-Seungho...." Kyungsoo said under a whisper as he looked down at CL. Then he dropped the bats, letting them clang against the floor. 

Yongguk, Zelo, and Jun Gyu looked at him in surprise; Yongguk stepped in and picked up the bat. He took a look at it and then looked up, Zelo and Jun Gyu were curious as to what he was seeing. 

Kyungsoo fell to his knees and shook his head to the side, then he walked over on his knees and placed his palm on CL's shoulders and shook it. "Hey, get up. Wake up, wake up and tell me. W-where is my brother? Wake up! Wake up please!" Kyungsoo shouted as tears formed in his eyes, Yongguk placed a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. 

"W-what is it?" Jun Gyu finally asked as Yongguk eyed the elder man. 

"It's Seungho's bat...." 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of Chapter 17.