[V I I]

The Dead Wayfarers

Around them were a myriad of cut up bodies, but no one cared since Seungho was safe. Their leader somehow made it and it never crossed their mind to ask him how he did it. Not that he will tell them anyway, he was also the one who let the zombies in, causing a ruckus. No one needed to have a further discussion. "Move? You want us to move again?" Kyungsoo asked and Seungho nodded.

On the second floor Seungho was standing with Kyungsoo while Zelo sat between Yongguk and Jun Gyu; across from them was the Kim's. "Why do you want us to move again?" Yongguk asked in a calm and raspy voice. Then Zelo immediately added, 

"Where will we go?" Zelo added.

"Can't we make some readjustments, like clean up the mess, and continue to stay here?" Jun Gyu asked and then the girl added. 

"My father can't travel, if we're going to go far he won't make it." 

With so many questions, they were all looking to Seungho for answers. But his statement was firmed and decided right from the start. "I won't hold you back if you want to remain here, but Kyungsoo and I would be leaving." Seungho stated and turned his back to them but Kyungsoo stopped him. 

"What's wrong with you?" He asked, catching not just his younger brother's attention, but the whole crew. "Why are we always moving? What exactly are you running away from? If we readjust some things around here like Jun Gyu mentioned, we can make this home." Kyungsoo argued; causing Seungho to eyed him. 

"Readjustments?" Seungho asked, but more like mockingly repeating the term which he found extremely annoying.

"Yes readjustments. Once we clean all of the bodies and build a stronger barrier at the door then-"

Seungho cut off Kyungsoo in mid-sentence, "No. We're not going to do that because we'll be leaving." 

Kyungsoo was now beyond angry, "Yoo Seungho!" Kyungsoo moved over and stood facing him, but Seungho adverted his gaze. "I'm tired of how you're running everything! Can't you be more considerate? Don't you care about our thoughts? Yoo Jung's father could barely move and whose fault was it? Who made him that way-?!" Kyungsoo's chest was rising up and down as he tried to calm his nerves, Seungho turned to him. 

"He brought it upon himself. If you're going to blame anyone then blame him! I did it to save-!" 

"Don't say it was to save my life! Please don't use my life as an excuse to kill and hurt others! I can't stand to see you cover in blood anymore!" Kyungsoo shouted back and this time Seungho kept silent. 

"Hey guys.... Let's take it down a notch." Yongguk insisted on the side. Kyungsoo and Seungho exchanged a long and tense gaze before Seungho broke it and headed downstairs. Kyungsoo exhaled and covered his eyes with his palm. The whole room was mute, no one knew how they should react or if they should react at all. It was new to see Kyungsoo and Seungho fight. 

Then the silence was broken after the sound of breaking glass was heard from downstairs. They headed downstairs and noticed Seungho breaking the glass windows with a wooden stick. He broke the two large glass windows before they could catch him in their sights. "Seungho!" Jun Gyu called but Seungho ignored him, and as expected he smashed the third window as well. It pieces came raining down and cracking into uncalculatable segments against the tiled floor.

Then the last window was broken and Seungho turned to face them, breathing heavily. "Take your time and do all the readjusting you'll need, I'm leaving. Don't come find me." Seungho said and before anyone could protest he stepped out through the broken window.

"No-Seungho!" Kyungsoo called and was about to followed Seungho when zombies begin appearing. Yongguk pulled Kyungsoo back,

"Zelo! Get them ers! Jun Gyu, help me!" Yongguk ordered and he moved over the dead bodies on the ground, he pushed the furnitures; chairs, tables, and drawers as he was trying to block the large opening. Zelo stepped to Yongguk's side and pulled out his bow and arrows, in which he always carried. He aimed at the approaching one then the following two.

Meanwhile Jun Gyu was trying to block the other side, one of the many zombies which were under the motionless one begin moving, and it grabbed Jun Gyu's foot. He lost his balance and fell against a tiny pile with two already dead zombies as well. He screamed and tried to kick the zombie's hands that were wrapped around his foot; but before Zelo and Yongguk could come to his aid, Yoo Jung whom was behind them all grabbed a sharp item lying on the side and stabbed the head of the zombie. As it fell Jun Gyu quickly got to his feet whimpering in fear. 

During the whole chaos Kyungsoo was lost, Seungho was gone and he left them with an un-safe home. But as he regained his concious of his surroundings, Yoo Jung was calling him to help them. Zelo was on his own to shoot down any zombies that were coming, while the others started blocking the windows. 

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Seungho knocked a zombie dead with his wooden stick. He inhaled and exhaled heavily trying to keep his tears in. He regretted it, he regret seeing the horror on Kyungsoo's face, the way his only brother looked when he said they were moving, when he broke the windows. 

He felt a wave of guilt washed over him.

But at least Kyungsoo was with the others. At least he was with people who he could trust. People, creatures that he cared so much that he didn't want to see his younger brother bring harm to. 

"I'm tired of how you're running everything!....Yoo Jung's father could barely move and whose fault was it? Who made him that way-?!"

"Please don't use my life as an excuse to kill and hurt others! I can't stand to see you cover in blood anymore!"

Seungho gritted his teeth and exhaled while looking up into the brighter sky; concealing his tears. Kyungsoo's words was painful and to Seungho, it wasn't an excuse. Kyungsoo's life was valuable to Seungho, he treasured his older brother's life, the only life that was still breathing beside him; until now.

Was it already three in the morning? He couldn't tell, but the night was brighter than before. The soulless s of the zombies around him were becoming clearer and louder, but he continued to look up.

The last time he heard a cricket.

He can't recall when, but he can recall who he was with.

Yoo Kyungsoo. 

"Seungho." Kyungsoo said on the night before the attack. He was sitting on the porch in the front when Seungho found him. Inside the house, Yesung, Jonghyuk, and Yoojin were heard laughing and chattering. The house was brightly lit up and around the corner, they could hear their parents mumbling about their day at work.

Seungho came out and stood beside Kyungsoo. "Mom and dad said sleep early, since we'll have to pack up early tomorrow." Seungho said and Kyungsoo sighed. 

"We're really going to Yesung's new house?" He asked and earned a hummed from Seungho. "I heard there you can't hear crickets at night. Won't that be lonely?" Kyungsoo asked looking up at Seungho, whom's arms were crossed. 

"Don't you usually listen to music while you sleep anyway?" Seungho asked and Kyungsoo smiled. 

"Ah, right."

Seungho noticed Kyungsoo seemed down, releasing a dark expression about him. The young latter crouched beside his brother and tried to brighten up his mood. "Should I lend you 'Billionaire'?"

Kyungsoo's ears perked up but his round eyes were unreadable, "By Travie Mccoy and Bruno Mars?" 

Seungho pulled out a small mp3 player from his pocket and hand it to Kyungsoo. "Here, I have it saved under your name." 

"My name? You mean you made a playlist for me on your mp3 player?!"

Seungho nodded with his lips curled upward, Kyungsoo took it and smiled, revealing his white teeth and his lips were shaped like a heart. Seungho's smile grew as well, and he showed his teeth.

A hand of the zombies landed on him and with quick reflex, he turned around and slapped the head of the zombie with the wooden stick, still tightly gripped around his hand. Through the night he killed any zombies that were closed enough and when the sun finally rose, he was napping inside an isolated crowded building.

Beside the couch he was lying on, the room was also occupied with scattered papers, broken glass, and trash wrappers. During his nap his stomach growled a few times but he remained sleeping, getting all the sleep he could before he moved on.

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

Back at the restaurant the others have taken refuge in, it wasn't going well for them. After struggling to build the barrier, they have attracted more zombies to the front and Zelo had to go around, making sure all that were inside were really dead. But what was most shockingly was about to come. 

Yoo Jung and Jun Gyu were pushing against one side, leaving Kyungsoo and Yongguk on another. Zelo was running out of arrows and without hesitating, he resorted to shooting knives.

He shot knives at the oncoming deads and as he did so, Jun Gyu noticed something wrong. 

"E-everyone!" He shouted. 

"W-what?" Yongguk asked and looked over to Jun Gyu who was on the farthest side of the room. 

"H-he! Yoo Jung!" Jun Gyu continue calling to the everyone while pointing toward the stairs. Everyone followed his pointing finger and saw someone. Or something. 

Kyungsoo and Zelo became motionless.

Yoo Jung paralyzed, her jaw dropped, and her eyes widen.

Her father had turned.

IjzbsQ5z3BfxsSlhgq_hHV0Ankeh0gm0ZVLwCkrQ

End of Chapter 7