Chapter 5

[SEQUEL] Washed Away

The next morning, Lay took Suho and Chen to the cafe Suho worked in. Everyone were excited to see Suho.

"This is D.O, Kai, Xiumin, your boss, Mr Kim and the cafe manager, Mr So." Lay introduced.

"Hyung, I'm so glad you're okay." D.O said.

"Welcome back." Xiumin said.

"Bro, I missed working with you." Kai smirked.

"Thank you guys." Suho said.

"Can you start work today?" Mr Kim asked.

"I should be able to." Suho said.

"Great. Xiumin will teach you everything again." Mr So said.

"Erm....Can I get a job here too?" Chen asked quietly.

"Oh Chen! I know what you want to do." Baekhyun teased. Chen purposely stepped on Baekhyun's foot to make him shut up.

"Of course you can work here. It'l be great to have someone whom Suho know better. The both of you can start work today." Mr Kim said.

"Thank you sir!" Chen said.

"I'll be back to fetch you two home after work. I also have work to do so I'll be leaving now." Lay said.

"Bye Lay." Suho waved goodbye.

"Come on Suho, I'll show you everything again." Xiumin gestured for him to follow.

"How about me?" Chen asked, feeling left out.

"You'll be following Baekhyun." Mr So said.

"What?!!!!!" Chen's mind screamed but he just nods. "My bad luck to be stuck with you." Chen grumbled.

"Sorry hyung! You can't be with your Xiumin hyung!" Baekhyun laughed.

"Shut up!" Chen shouted.

"Hey hey! No shouting in the cafe. It'll scare away the customers." Mr So said.

"Sorry boss!" Baekhyun said and pulled Chen into the kitchen.

Suho stared at Xiumin teaching him everything. The different coffee beans, how to use the coffee machine, how to make waffles, how to put the decorations on the food, etc. This made Suho get some of his memories in the cafe back. He remembered the first day of work when Baekhyun about the formality. 

"Do you understand?" Xiumin asked, jolting him awake.

"Ah? Can you repeat again? I wasn't...listening..." Suho said.

"Okay. Here's the names of the coffee beans..." Xiumin started off again.

After Xiumin explained about the coffee beans, Suho remembered about Chen.

"Hyung..." Suho said.

"Yeah?" Xiumin asked.

"I want to tell you this...Someone has a crush on you..." Suho said.

"Really? How would anyone like me?" Xiumin laughed.

"Well...Chen does." Suho said and it made Xiumin froze, he stopped laughing.

"Wh..What's wrong?" Suho asked.

Xiumin heaved a heavy sigh then put down everything he was holding. "That guy..." He said.

"We were once together...But after he fled Korea, he was nowhere to be seen. It was the eve of our wedding day. He's been gone for years, I haven't seen him for such a long time. But until you got into that accident, Chen came back to Korea because he was packing up your stuffs. I came across him on the way to work." Xiumin said.

"Why didn't you go back to him?" Suho asked.

"I don't dare to. What if..he leaves again?" Xiumin asked.

"That's the same situation as me..." Suho mumbled. "But don't worry, you are his one and only love. I can help you." That made Xiumin smile a bit.

"Thank you, Suho. You're so helpful." Xiumin said.

"Of course! I love helping people." Suho smiled.


 

After work, Lay drove a car to the cafe. Suho and Chen were shocked to see that Lay had actually owned a car.

"Chen, I'm sorry but I want to drive Suho somewhere. You can go home first." Lay threw the house keys to Chen.

"What?" Chen asked. "Unbelievable." 

"Sorry." Lay said.

"Chen, just go. We'll be back." Suho said.

"Fine." Chen said and left home.

"Get on." Lay told Suho. Suho boarded the car, it was spacious and comfortable.

"When did you buy this?" Suho asked.

"I rent it. Just for today." 

"Oh, it's nice. You know how to drive?"

"Yeah. We passed our driving test together."

The car continued driving, but it started raining.

"Damn, why now?" Lay cursed.

"What shall we do?" Suho asked.

"Let's go back. I'm sorry. We'll go next time." Lay said sadly.

"What was your plan?"

"Take you to places so it'll remind you about things we did. Like where we dated before, all that stuffs. But it's cancelled."

"I'm sorry. If I hadn't lost my memories."

"No, it's not your fault. It's...better this way.."

"What?" 

"Nothing....It's complicated stuffs."

Suddenly, the car screeched. Lay stepped on the brakes repeatedly and turned his steering wheels. A car from infront was charging towards them.

"Hang on Suho!" Lay shouted.

Lay steered the wheel to the right and luckily, they escaped from the collision. The car screeched, stopping just inches away from a streetlamp. Lay looked back to see if Suho was alright.

"Suho?"


A/N: I am very sorry to hear that EunB had passed away in the van accident :( May her rest in peace! Although I am not a fan of EunB or Ladies' Code, it still hurts to know someone just passed away suddenly and nobody wanted that to happen...