Chapter 12

[SEQUEL] Washed Away

Suho got home as fast as he could. He sees no one in the living room so he went to the Kitchen. Lay was there with a tub of cold water.

"I'm back." Suho said.

"Welcome back. Have you eaten breakfast?" Lay asked.

"Yeah. Luhan hyung cooked. What's that for?" Suho asked.

"Chen has a fever. He's feeling miserable. He kept mumbling something about Xiumin hyung. He just can't keep still. Now he's asleep." Lay said.

"Poor thing...Getting rejected..." Suho said.

"Can you help me take a cloth?" Lay asked.

"Sure." 

Suho went to the drawer and took out a cloth. Then they went to Chen's bedroom. Chen was sleeping soundly on the bed. Lay put the tub of cold water on the bedside table. He then put the cloth into the water, wrung it and placed it gently on Chen's forehead.

"You're not going to work?" Suho asked.

"I'm not but my boss will understand." Lay said.

Suho stared at Lay's skillful way of taking care of Chen.

"You seems to know how to take care of someone well." Suho said.

"My previous occupation was a doctor. But I quit because there's one guy who sued me for killing his best friend." Lay said angrily.

"But you didn't do it in purpose right?" Suho asked.

"It was an accident. I cut the wrong blood vein and I can't stop the blood flowing out. He died of blood loss. That guy was so angry that he yelled at me. He punched me and was taken away by the security guards. Then the next day, I was sued. I didn't win. I lost the job and now, I'm a fashion designer instead." Lay said, staring at the window.

"I'm sorry, Lay." Suho said.

"I hope to never see that guy again." Lay groaned.

"I'm sure you wouldn't."

"Do you mind taking over? I'm going to cook lunch."

"Okay." Suho watched Lay left Chen's room, he stared at Chen.

"If this is how it looks like to be rejected...HaMuel...Is this how he feel too?" Suho mumbled to himself while changing the cloth. 

Suho stood up and looked around the room, Chen has decorated it like his own house. The drawers and tables are filled with photo frames of him and Xiumin. They look so young and happy together. He noticed a piece of paper dangling out a bit from a drawer. He opened it and the paper fell out. Suho picked it up. It was in Xiumin's handwriting:

Rise and shine, you lazy troll! Here's another note for you before I go. U!

Suho then saw many other paper that looks like the one he was holding in the drawer. They look like notes given to Chen by Xiumin when they're together. He then saw a polaroid that is a picture of them together and took it. He turned back to see a message also written by Xiumin:

First polaroid with the troll. 21 Sep, it's finally his birthday! 

"Hyung....!" Chen said, scaring Suho.

"Ch..Chen? You're awake?" Suho asked.

"Don't touch that!" Chen's voice was sober now.

"I'm sorry that it's personal." Suho said and hurried put the note and polaroid back then he went to Chen.

"You feeling okay?" Suho asked.

"I'm fine." 

Suho put his hand onto Chen's forehead. 

"You still feel warm." Suho frowned.

"I'm okay."

There was a silence before Chen broke the silence.

"He told me he wasn't good enough for me anymore." He said.

"He's telling me what happened..." Suho thought.

"Then he told me he doesn't want to be in an relationship." A tear fell from Chen's eyes.

"Don't cry. I'm sure there must be a reason for that." Suho said.

"But his voice was so serious! He doesn't love me anymore."

"Hey, don't be like that."

"Why can't I? You've never been rejected so you won't understand!" Chen shouted.

"True. But I've rejected somebody..." Suho said inaudibly.

"What happened? I heard shoutings." Lay asked, an apron still tied to his waist.

"Nothing's wrong." Suho said.

"Lunch's ready, let's go out." Lay told them.

Chen ran out quickly to the table and Lay watched him running out.

"You sure nothing happened?" Lay asked.

"I saw some things that belongs to him and Xiumin hyung. Maybe he was angry at me for looking through his stuffs." Suho said.

"He'll be fine. Let's go eat lunch." Lay said.

They walked out while Suho was left to think about why Chen was so sensitive about the notes and the polaroid. He decided that when he returns back to the cafe, he'll ask Xiumin what happened.