Chapter 20

[SEQUEL] Washed Away

Dinner was ready. Everyone arranged the plates on the dining table. It was 5:40pm and Lay will be back soon. Everyone made sure that the food and decorations are arranged nicely and then they hid so as to surprise Lay. They also turned off the lights. They waited for a few minutes before the door opened. Lay stepped in and the lights.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted.

Lay jumped back in shock. "Oh my god!"

"Happy birthday!" Everyone said.

Lay looked around and smiled.

"I can't believe I had forgotten my own birthday." 

"It's time to eat dinner." D.O said.

Everyone ran to the dinning table. Lay walked over to Suho an kissed him on the cheeks.

"You made this?" He asked.

"Yeah. Do you like it?" Suho asked.

"I love it. Thank you." Lay said.

"We spent the whole afternoon."

"None of you guys went to work?" 

"Yeah. Because we have to do this. But don't worry. We decided to do the extra work punishment together."

"Which means no one is at work. How did your boss cope?"

"I don't know. Maybe he did everything himself. Whatever he did, let's eat dinner. D.O cooked."

"Okay."

After dinner, everyone went to the living room. Suho presented out the birthday cake and everyone sang the birthday song for Lay. After Lay made a wish and blew out the candles everyone clapped.

"What did you wish for?" Baekhyun asked.

"Don't be such a busy body." Lay said.

"Awww." Baekhyun pouted.

"Time to give presents." Chanyeol said.

Everyone literally stuffed presents into Lay's personal space. Now, it's only Suho left.

"Suho, what's your present?" Lay asked.

Suho went to the bedroom and returned with his present. Lay stared wide eyes at what he had.

"Happy birthday." Suho said.

"Wow...It's a guitar!" Lay exclaimed.

"Yeah. To make up for the one you broke." Suho said.

"Thank you so much!"

"Play it."

Lay adjusted the tunes and strung it. The strings made a nice sound. Then, he started playing it. Everyone swayed to the beautiful melody sounding the room. Then Lay started singing. It was beautiful with the guitar and Lay's voice. After that, everyone did a standing ovation and BaekYeol cheered loudly.

"Thank you everyone. This is the best birthday ever." Lay said.

"You should thank Suho for forcing us to skip work to do all this just for you." Xiumin said.

"Yup, like I said. Suho hyung's love for you is far more greater then work." Chen continued.

Lay noticed that Xiumin was hugging Chen all this while.

"You guys are together?" He asked.

"Yeah." Chen smiled at Xiumin.

"I'm happy for you." Lay said.

Lay cut the cake and gave it to everyone. Everyone was enjoying the cake and a movie. It will be better if Kris and Tao were here too. It was funny because they appeared right after cake. Surprisingly, with XiaoYu too.

"Guys?" Kris asked.

"Kris! Tao! XiaoYu!" Suho exclaimed and hugged the boys.

"XiaoYu? You're here?" Chen asked.

"Well, I couldn't wait." XiaoYu said.

"Why are you guys here?" Suho asked.

"For Lay-ge's birthday." Tao held up the present and gave it to Lay. "Happy birthday ge."

"Thank you Tao, Kris." Lay thanked.

"The movie just started a while ago, come join us." Suho said.

"Lay oppa, happy birthday." XiaoYu said.

"Thank you. How are you in China?" Lay asked.

"I'm fine. And Chen told me about my blind date so I thought I can come earlier with them." XiaoYu motioned to TaoRis.

"I see." Lay nodded.

"So oppa, who's my blind date?" XiaoYu asked Chen.

"You'll know soon." Chen said and looked at BaekYeol. They seemed to recieve the signal and they went away from the crowd.

"Okay then. I can't wait." XiaoYu said excitedly.

"I thought you don't like Korean guys." Chen said.

"Oppa, you're Korean, dad's Korean. If I don't like Korean guys, I won't like you either." XiaoYu said.

"Right." Chen laughed.

"Everyone quieten down. I can't hear." Kai said.

Everyone went quiet and watched the movie while BaekYeol went out.

"So what's the plan?" Chanyeol asked.

"We go to Hamuel's and tell him about the blind date. They'll meet at our cafe and hopefully, they're make it. Of course, we'll help to make it romantic. So sparks will fly between them." Baekhyun said cheekily with some finger motions.

"I know you always have a good plan." Chanyeol leaned in, about to kiss him.

"Well, I always do." But Baekhyun kissed him first.