Chapter 16

[SEQUEL] Washed Away

After the sad movie, they all went back to bed. It was already past midnight.

"That was a good movie." Suho said before he was on bed.

"Yeah." Lay agreed.

As they got on bed, they stared at the ceiling together.

"Tomorrow..." Lay started.

"Tomorrow what?" Suho turned to face him.

"Tomorrow, don't go to work." Lay said.

"What? Why? I just got back to work and you want me to-"

"I want to make up for last time." 

Suho knew what Lay meant. The day when they got into the car accident.

"But..Mr So won't allow me." 

"He will. Well, somehow. Chen will bribe him." 

"You can't. And Mr So won't get bribed easily." 

"Trust me. He will."

"How?"

Lay just lies there, smiling to himself.


 

"Argh, that brat!" Chen grumbled to himself.

"Chen, better clean up that area too." Mr So ordered.

Chen groaned and clean up the kitchen counter. The others snickering behind him. How did he end up this way? It seems like Lay's plan was to get Chen to do Suho's share of work. While Chen was left alone suffering, Lay brought Suho out. As Lay swore not to drive again, they walked.


 

It was a cool tuesday morning. The breeze brushed through their face.

"It's a nice weather. Too bad Chen isn't here to enjoy it". Suho said.

"I know." Lay said and giggled.

They walked and walked, Suho doesn't know where they're going.

"Do you remember our first date?" Lay asked.

"Our first date?"

"Yeah. Our first date was a simple walk through the neighbourhood. Even though it's simple, I love it. Because I'm with you."

"Lay..." Suho stared up at him.

"Because you're there to enjoy the afternoon sun with me. To enjoy the views of Seoul. But it was only beautiful when you're there to watch them with me." Lay continued.

"Yeah."

"And do you remember our first anniversery?" 

"No..." Suho said that on purpose so Lay could say them again.

"It was maybe the best day of my life. You gave me a bunch of roses and I gave you chocolates. Then, we went for a romantic movie. At night, we went to watch fireworks. It was unforgettable."

"I will never forget it too."

"And the day when our school has a -" Lay kept on talking.

"Okay, Lay. Where are we going? It's a dead end infront." Suho said to the wall infront of them.

"Oh! I'm sorry. Let's go." Lay pulled him along.

"Where are we going?" Suho asked.

"To the place we first met." 

Suho found himself in a school, their high school.

"Why are we here?" Suho asked.

"This is where we first met. Specifically, during the audition in the music room. It was then I caught sight of you. And fell in love with you." They arrived in a music room. 

There were strings of black notes painted on the dark blue wall. There were also many intruments in a corner, a drum and keyboard in another and a music programming set. Suho remembered it all.


 

They were young, 18. Their last second year of high school. Suho was sitting down on the chairs, waiting anxiously for his name to be called. It was an audition to join the school's Music Club. Suho had signed up for it, he was chosen but still needed to audition for it. The door opened, a guy stood in. Lay. But they don't know each other yet. Lay sat down on an empty seat next to Suho. Everyone was awkward in the room, it was total silence. Suho was very nervous because he had seen many studets left the room crying, he knew they had failed. He wondered if it will happen to him too.

"Kim Joonmyun!" Suho stood up quickly, too quick and that all the blood rushed up to his brain and made him dizzy.

"Woah, you okay?" Lay caught him.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Suho then rushed in.

"Kim Joonmyun?" The interviewee asked.

There was three judges there, Suho's class music teacher, the head teacher of the Music department and the president of the Music Club.

"Yes." Suho nodded his head.

"What have you prepared for us?" The head teacher asked.

"Singing." Suho replied.

"You may began whenever you want to." 

Suho the radio, the music started blasting. He took a deep breath and started singing. 


 

The song finished. Suho panted and looked at the judges quietly. Will he get in?

"Mr Kim, your singing skills are good. But it will be better if you could do some movements instead of standing still. The song you sang is pop and it has movements in it so you have to take note of that." The club president said.

"Dae.." Suho said.

The judges began writing on their papers again before looking at him.

"Congratulations. You're in." The head teacher smiled.

"YES!!!"