77

Re:
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

there will an extremely long author's note at the end and this is a non-idol related oneshot

 

 

Do you want to hear a story?

A tale as old as time.

Will you listen?

 

 

A long, long time ago, 4 dragons roamed the sky. The Red Dragon breathed fire, the White Dragon flew the fastest, the Blue Dragon called the rain and the Yellow Dragon ruled the earth. Together, they protected the feeble and powerless mortals from any possible harm. The Four Dragons had 4 able disciples. Jinu from Taurus was the proud student of the Yellow Dragon.

Jinu had a brother, Lang. The two brothers were separated across the sky, but Jinu always rode the clouds to see his brother. The clouds were weaved by Jiyeon, the youngest of the 7 maidens. Jinu and Jiyeon had been friends since as long as he could remember. Although she often did not agree with Jinu’s carefree attitude, she would still help him to meet his brother. Out of the 2, Lang was the quieter and brighter one while Jinu was braver and wittier.

“Brother,” Lang said. “You should stop coming here so frequently. The Dragon King won’t be happy.”

“It would be boring without me.” Jinu merely laughed heartily, his laughter echoing throughout the sky. “Isn’t that right, Dana?” Jinu peered over at the girl across them. Dana merely looked away in response. “How cold.”

As a matter of fact, Jinu knew, before any of them. One was his beloved brother and another his precious friend; both were very important to him. He didn’t spend years with them for nothing. Jiyeon and Lang, they liked each other but love between a fairy and celestial being was forbidden. Jinu was worried even though Lang was the rational one between the two.

It didn’t take long for the pair to confirm their feelings, the thing that Jinu feared the most. He had watched over the mortal realm long enough to know that love could drive a perfectly logical person illogical. However, seeing the loving couple, Jinu couldn’t bear to tear them apart. Instead, he chose to help them.

“You really are just a big softie.” Dana said, walking to where Jinu was, looking fondly over the 2 lovebirds.

Jinu replied, turning his head once to acknowledge Dana’s presence. “The Heavenly Mother can’t find out about this.”

“Don’t worry.” Dana affirmed. They stayed silent under the shade provided by the pavilion. The faint glisten under the luminosity of the stars caught Dana’s attention. She paid no heed to it initially but the twinkle happened again. She traced the source and came to a shocking conclusion. “You tied them with a red string!” Dana only needed Jinu’s pained expression to confirm her suspicion. “You do know this is a serious matter, don’t you?”

“I will accept any punishment.”

Dana could only sigh. “You love Jiyeon too, don’t you?”

“I love Lang the same,” was Jinu’s reply.

Nevertheless, there was no secrets in the Celestial. The rumours soon reached the ears of the Heavenly Mother and Jade Emperor. They were furious that a lowly celestial being dared to dream of having their daughter. Lang was banished to earth and Jiyeon could only weep. Jinu who saw the grief of the two decided to seek help from his teacher the Yellow Dragon.

“My child,” the Yellow Dragon spoke. “By doing so, you will be relinquishing your position as the chief of the earth signs. Are you sure about this?”

“I am sorry, Master.” Jinu bowed his head in deepest apology. “But Lang is my family.”

“Very well, son. You have 7 days.”

Jinu wasted no time. He quickly headed to find Dana at Cygnus.

“What brings you here?” she asked as soon as she saw the rare guest.

“I need your help.” Jinu explained his plan to Dana.

“You must be crazy!” Dana exclaimed. “Fine, I will help.” In the end, Dana still agreed reluctantly, unable to turn down Jinu's earnest request.

With that, Jinu leapt down to earth to find Lang. Lang was stripped of all his powers and remained a powerless human. Jinu went to him in his form as a golden ox.

“Brother, I am sorry you got punished too.” Lang hugged his brother.

Jinu felt the tears on his skin. “I came on my own accord to make sure my baby brother is safe.” Jinu wished he could wipe the tears off Lang’s face. “The seventh of the month,” Jinu said. “I will help you meet Jiyeon again.”

Meanwhile, in the high heavens, Dana was keeping tabs on the despondent Jiyeon. She managed to sneak a note to her as instructed by Jinu.

The Night of the Seventh

Head down to earth with your sisters

Lang will be there

Jinu

The seventh night came and the seven fairies came down for a bath at the lake. Lang and Jinu were waiting anxiously behind the bushes. Before the fairies were done with the bath, Lang took the red heavenly robes as told by Jinu. The 6 other fairies who were finished quickly got clothed. Jiyeon who lost her robes stayed in the waters.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter