nain

Re:
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Practice is becoming increasingly hard lately what with the addition of new faces. Myungsoo tosses and turns in bed. It’s 3:20AM, and there’s still some time before training resumes. Myungsoo steps outside for a breather. He’ll probably head down to Han River with some onigiris which Sunggyu hyung likes to call a triangular kimbap. On his way, he crosses path with a black feline. She purrs lightly before sauntering away. Black cat is bad luck.

Myungsoo sits by the river and finishes the last of his onigiri. He probably should head back soon. The air turns chilly all of a sudden. Myungsoo stuffs his hands deeper into his hoodie. He sees the black cat perch on a branch. A second later, she falls into the dark waters. Myungsoo gasps. It certainly is his misfortune. Myungsoo swiftly kicks off his shoes and walks into the water. The water’s not that deep anyway since he’s near the bank, but the cat’s nowhere to be seen. Myungsoo looks around, and suddenly he’s surrounded by pitch darkness. The water is rising, and he struggles to keep his head above water. He’s gurgling as he tries to shout for help. The last thing he hears before his consciousness fades is a loud splash.

 

 

Myungsoo’s lying on what feels like wet grass. It feels so cooling and nice. The air is fresh too, carrying the scent of morning dew. He hears the chirping of birds. Wait, what? He opens his eyes and sits up only to meet a pair of dark orbs staring straight at him. He blinks. The cat morphs into a pretty young girl with rich black hair.

What the, he mouths.

L, she says affectionately.

L? Myungsoo repeats.

Thank goodness, she continues and envelopes him in a hug, burying her head in his chest and staining his shirt with her warm tears. You’re okay.

L, Myungsoo repeats again as if saying the letter will give him answers.

He hears a low growl nearby, and the girl must have heard it too because she immediately prances up, her arms covering Myungsoo protectively.

A lone brown wolf comes into view. The girl immediately hisses, and there’s a new menacing glint in her eyes.

Defensive, are we?  the wolf slurs and changes into a good looking male with dark hair and bronze skin, standing well over 6 feet tall.

Kai, the girl breathes.

Krystal, Kai says, and there’s something about his voice that is assertive. Let’s not do this.

Kai moves closer towards them.

No! Krystal shouts and pushes Myungsoo behind her petite frame.

He needs to go, Kai hisses. L’s gone. He isn’t L.

Please, Krystal begs.

Kai stares hard at Myungsoo who has a confused look clearly written all over his face.

Where am I? Myungsoo finally blurts out. Who, no, what are you?

Myungsoo sees the girl slump over like her life is away. Kai sighs and walks over, and places an arm over her shoulders.

I’m sorry, Kai says, still holding onto Krystal. We’ll give you your answers, but let’s not talk here.

Myungsoo nods and follows. They sit around a cosy looking hut inside the forest.

I’m Kai, and she’s Krystal which I believe you already know from our exchange earlier. Kai begins. This is Nain, and we’re its protectors or what you call shapeshifters.

And why am I here? Myungsoo asks.

We don’t know why either. There must be a mix up somewhere. Kai explains. But, we have to get you back.

Krystal huffs and stands up to leave. Kai ignores her and continues.

The portal opens up every week. I’m guessing that’s the reason why you are mistakenly brought here. We’ll wait for the next portal to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter