Chapter 17

I'm Living With WHO?!

Jiyeon’s POV

 

After school I went back home since I had some homework to finish and I really don’t want to stay up late. I said bye to the other three as they headed towards another way since they are going to grab some ice cream before going home. I want ice cream but well school is more important. I can just go get some after I’m done anyways.

 

“I’m back,” I sang as auntie came out from the kitchen as she greeted me with a hug.

 

“Jiyeonie, do you want some cake? I made one since it was so boring at home today,” she pouted as I laughed at her.

 

“I’ll get one piece, thank you.” I said as I set my bag down on the couch and went in the kitchen with auntie. Oh my! What a cake! It was chocolate cake!

 

“Auntie that looks delicious!” My mouth began to water as I sat down waiting for auntie to cut the cake. She set it down in front of me as I took the fork and pick up a small piece and place it in my mouth.

 

“Mmmmmm! Auntie this is very good!” I nearly scream in happiness. She smiled at me.

 

“I’m glad to hear that,” then she pouted and said with a scolding voice, “I said call me mom! I don’t have a daughter. Since you’re my best friend’s daughter you’re my daughter too. Next time I won’t fee you if you don’t call me mom.”

 

“I’ll remember to call you mom!” I said since I love her food.

 

“Now, let me let you eat in peace. I need to prepare some stuff for tonight’s dinner. Don’t wash the plate afterwards. Just leave it in the sink. I’ll do it myself.” Auntie wait I meant mom said as she patted my head and went into the kitchen again.

 

I devoured the small piece of cake and as listened to what mom said. I placed the plate and the utensil in the in the sink.

 

I quickly went up stair and shower as I put on some shorts and a simple oversized t-shirt. It was a bit hot and I really need to finish my homework so I settle down on the desk in my room and started to do my homework.

 

I guess I should start with math because it’s the subject that’s going take most of my time away.

 

Finally I’m done with all my homework as I stood up and stretch my body. I turn my head to look at the clock on the wall and notice that I’ve been doing my homework nearly for 2 hours and a half.

 

Did I really take that much time? It’s almost time for dinner too. Well I’ll just go and help mom out then.

 

I put all my homework back into my bag and headed downstairs to the kitchen as I see mom was still cooking. I decided to sneak up on her. Slowly tiptoeing and when I was right behind her, I screamed for a bit and poke her sides figuring that she might be ticklish.

 

“AHHHHHH!” She screamed as I giggled out loud. She turned around and saw me and faked an angry face.

 

“Oh Jiyeon!” Aunty screamed as she started to chase me around the kitchen as I was giggling and running away from her. “Come back here you little kid!” she said jokingly while still chasing me. I turned around to stick my tongue out at her but then bumped into something hard.

 

Just when I thought I was fall down, that something held onto my arms. I opened my eyes that were closed and saw Mark looking at me.

 

“Are you ok?” he asked. I nodded and took my arms out of his grip. Why is it so awkward all of a sudden?

 

“Mark hold her!” Aunty screamed from the back as Mark immediately reacted to her scream as he held my shoulders. I tried my best to get out from his grip but I lose. Well, I’m sorry he’s stronger than I am. But why is his face so close to mine? And why is my heart beating so fast? What is happening to me? I turned around as our eye contact was immediately cut off.

 

“Mark I’m so sorry,” I whispered to him as he gave me a confused look. I stomped on his feet and he yelped in pain while jumping on one leg as he held the one that I stomped on. “I’m so sorry!” I yelled as I ran to my room not even looking back to see if Aunty was chasing me or not.

 

After I closed the door, I lean against it as I took deep and fast breaths in. To be honest, I wasn’t really running away from aunty. It was Mark that I was running away from. His scent, it was so minty and I don’t know I got so filled up with the scent. Something is definitely wrong with me.

 

I finally settle down as I sat on the edge of my bed. I took my phone out as I started to go through my gallery. Most of the pictures were filled with Sungjong, Sura, Minji, and I. Some includes my parents. I stared at the selfie that I took with my parents. My dad had his arm around my mom’s shoulders and they both smile at the camera with me smiling the front.

 

Unconsciously, my fingers rubbed the screen where my parents’ faces were. I miss them so much. I’ve never been away from my parents for that long. I miss the rants that my mom goes on and on every morning. My dad that always there for me; hugging me when I was feeling down and telling me comforting words that. As I thought of my parents, tears slipped down from my cheeks.

 

They haven’t really called yet. I know that they’re busy, but I really wish they have more time for me. Yes, they were the best parents in the world, but I just want to spend more time with them. The screen of my phone went blank as I kept sobbing.

 

KNOCK! KNOCK!

 

I quickly wiped away my tears as I went to open my door. Mark was standing in front of my room when I did. He looked at me worry.

 

“Are you crying? Are you okay?” he said softly. Why is he being like this? I thought we were not supposed to get along.

 

“It’s fine,” I said while faking a smile. “Is it time for dinner already? I’ll be down in a few minutes.” I was about to go back in my room but he held my wrist.

 

“You’re not fine. Do you miss your parents? It’s been nearly two weeks since you’ve been here,” he said. How did he know that I miss my parents? I looked up at him confused. He seem like he cares for me. I unconsciously nodded as more tears dripped down my cheeks.

 

“I miss them so bad. This the first time they are going to be away for this long. Usually it’s only about a few months but one year? It’s too long,” I said as I tried to wipe my tears away. Mark held my hand that was trying to wipe my tears. He set it down by my side as he cupped my face as he wiped the tears away himself.

 

I blushed and hope that it wasn’t noticeable. Thank god my cheeks are already a bit red from the crying. I try to avert our eye contact but then I remember I can’t because my face was in between his huge and warm hands.

 

“Jiyeon, I know we really aren’t the best of friends or even classmates, but I’m here if you need someone. Don’t cry by yourself. Let it out. I promise that the whole year that you’re going to be here, I’ll lend my shoulders for you to cry on,” Mark said with sincerity in his eyes. The dark orbs that I was so immerse in.

 

I was speechless. Was he really saying this? Did he mean what he just said? I just nodded since I knew that no words can come out of my mouth.

 

“Now go wash your face. I’ll wait for you, the food might get cold,” Mark said with a smile on his face. I nodded once again. Just before I got in my room, I turned around to him.

 

“Mark,” I started as he looked at me, “thank you.” I said with a smile on my face. Yes, I was slightly blushing. He nodded as I quickly went in my room and dash into my own bathroom.

 

I quickly washed my face as I wipe the water away with the small towel. I squealed as I remembered what had just happened.

 

OH MY GOSH DID HE REALLY WIPED MY TEARS AWAY FROM ME?! HE ALSO SAID THAT HE IS GOING TO BE THERE FOR ME WHEN I CRY!

 

Wait, I don’t want to expect too much or assume things. Because when you assume you make an out of you and me. So I don’t want to be an “” and I believe he probably doesn’t want to be one either.

 

I make sure that my eyes were no longer red and went out. Mark was still there like he said. He was leaning against the wall beside my door. Even with simple clothes how can someone look so handsome?

 

“You ready?” he asked as he stood up straight. I nodded at with a small smile.

 

“Let’s go then. Mom might start nagging if we’re even one minute late,” he said with a snicker as I let out a small giggle.

 

Aunty is very nice and always full of energy but then even with the two weeks I’ve been here I know that when he nags, well it isn’t the best thing ever. Mark and I both laughed a bit before we decided to head down to the dining room.

 

Dinner was nice as always. Aunty cooked very nicely as her cooking even taste a bit like my mom too. I guess that’s why they’re best friends. Friends stick through thick and thin together and I bet my life on it that they’ve been best friends for a long period of time. There would be no reason for me to be here if they weren’t that best of friends.

 

“Thank you for the meal,” I said and bowed to aunty and uncle. “Have a good night.” I bade them night as I went back up to my room. I have some homework I want to finish. Plus it’s almost eight at night I only have two hours before it’s my bed time.

 

“Let’s do this!” I said to myself as I opened the text books that I need for my homework. I open some music from my phone and set it on replay for the time. I started to concentrated on my work as I scribble down the homework.

 

Time has passed….

 

I was finally finish with my homework as I set my pencil down on my desk and closed my books. I stood up and stretched a bit and went to check my phone. It was already ten twenty. I closed the music that I was playing.

 

“I worked for that long? It’s been about two and a half hours. Well it’s time for bed too,” I said to myself and went to wash up a bit before sleeping.

 

After washing up I closed the lights as I jumped on my bed. I cuddle with my teddy bear as I went to sleep. Tomorrow will be good. I can feel it.

 


 

Author’s Note – Short chapter, I’m sorry for not updating sooner. Bear with me for a month more because I’ll be having my vacation soon. And I have the MAPs test next week TT^TT I hope the system crashes XD Byee and hope you all have a good day <3 Look at which chapter we’re on, my birthday date and my babes SVT <3 XD Sorry, not sorry.