Chapter 12

I'm Living With WHO?!

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Apparently I didn’t get to go over to Minji’s place. Well thanks to the project, I can’t go over. Minji told me that even if I run away, the problem won’t be solved. So the best solution I have right now is to ignore him as much as I can while living in the same house as him.

 

It was today that we planned to start the project. I already have told Seokmin that I was living with Mark currently. He was a bit of a mixture between calm and shock. He promised to not tell anyone which I’m thankful for. I know he’s a trustable friend and I’m totally ok with letting him court Sura and of course also Bambam have a crush on Minji. So it’s just Sungjong and I left in our lonely single lives.

 

I already told Aunty that we will be having a project at our house and she doesn’t really mind much about it. She even said it will be a great opportunities for Mark to have new friends except his group. I don’t really care of him.

 

 

From Seokmin:

 

Jiyeonie I’m here!

Come open the door for me.

You both really live in a prestigious mansion.

The Tuans sure are rich XD

 

 

To Seokmin:

 

Whatever you say idiot

Yup I’m coming right now

 

 

After quickly going to get the door for Seokmin, I unluckily bumped into Mark on the way. He just stared at me so I mumbled a quick sorry and just went to get the door.

 

“W-wait Jiyeon are you going somewhere? You know we have our project today.” He cleared his throat. I just give him the are-you-stupid-look.

 

“I’m just getting the door for Seokmin. He’s already here. Minji said she might be arriving a bit late because she had to send her nephew to his friend’s house for a party.” I said to Mark not really with much volume. I still want to take the last breath in his body by killing him. I hate it when my family gets insulted.

 

“Oh.” was all he said and I dash out to get Seokmin. After knowing him for a while I’ve known that he’s one of the most dramatic of his bunch. I better not mess with him. Seungcheol even told me to take care of this child like person. Well at least I got new friends. More friends than I expected to get.

 

“Yah why did you take so long?!” I glared at Seokmin being his whiny self. Why did I even become friends with someone this dramatic in just a few days? Just wow. I’m impressed.

 

“Shut up! I bumped into Mark along the way and yeah. You know how it is. I’m still ignoring him and stuff.” I explained as I push my reading glasses back up my nose since they were sliding down a bit. Since we are about to do some work I need my glasses. I had a bit of cylinder that’s all but I just like to wear them so my eye sights get better even though it’s just by a bit.

 

Seokmin already knows about Mark and I by like everything. He was still a confused idiot at first so I had to explain everything from the beginning from the end to him. Even Chan is brighter than this idiot here.

 

“Now that I’m here you have your happy pill!” Seokmin exclaimed as he slung his arm around my shoulder while giving me the all teeth showing smile of his. I rolled my eyes at him making him whine.

 

“You’re not happy that I’m here?! Fine I’ll just leave!” He pretended to walk away but I know something that can make him come back.

 

“Dude I know that you like Sura. Should I go tell her? I’m just a phone call away,” I took my phone and grinned at him like a devil while he look shocked as hell. His mouth was gaping and his eyes were really widened.

 

“H-how d-d-did you k-know?” Seokmin stuttered. I just grinned at him and not say a word. I want my little Chan to be safe. He sure is lucky to have a dongsaeng who is looking out for him.

 

“That’s supposed to be a secret. I already promised that I won’t tell. Don’t worry idiot. I’m actually going to help you get her. She needs a love life to stop annoying me. The same goes for Minji and I already have someone in mind for her. At least by then those two will stop fighting.” I said as Seokmin’s face turned serious.

 

“I appreciate your help but I want to get her my own skills. It’ll help if you just introduce me to her. That’s need to happen before I start to court her right?” he said. Now that I know that he is very serious about her I’m more than willing to let them get marry now.

 

“Of course I will idiot! I’m already planning the wedding for the both of you. Don’t worry she will be all yours in a few months of time the least. You fit her ideal type perfect! She said she like a man who has a soothing voice, a very easy going personality, someone who is cheerful and taller than her; if it’s not you then who else will fit that description?” I said to him with a big smile on my face.

 

That totally cheered Seokmin as he ran and hugged me tightly. “OH MY GOSH YOU DON’T KNOW HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU! YOU’RE THE BEST FRIEND EVER THAT I HAVE! I DON’T EVEN REGRET BEING YOUR FRIEND! OH JIYEON YOU ARE THE BEST!”

 

I hugged him back since we are already friends and he will be my brother-in-law soon. When Seokmin wouldn’t let go for a while I got annoyed. I’m not actually a big fan of skin ship.

 

“Seokmin I know that you’re thankful for me but now let go before I actually change my mind of you and Sura.” I said and he quickly let me go and took a few steps behind me. I grinned at him.

 

“Now follow me idiot. We need to wait for Minji first but she will come by.” I said as I lead the way in the house/mansion for him to follow. When we got to the living room Aunty was there.

 

“Jiyeonie is that one of your group mates for the project? It’s nice to meet you young man.” Aunty smiled at him. “I’m Mark’s mom, Mrs. Tuan but you can just call me aunty. Jiyeonie already I told you to call me mom.” I sheepishly grinned at her. I still kind of get awkward to call her mom but I’m still trying. Well for a bit?

 

Seokmin gave me a look when aunty told me to call her mom. The look obviously meant you-have-to-tell-me-what-that-is-about-later. I rolled my eyes but nodded. It’s not like I can keep any secrets since he already knew. Well I had to begin the story about why I live here and yup I trust him not to say anything.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Mrs. Tuan I’m Lee Seokmin. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” Seokmin give her his signature smile which aunty returned.

 

“What a nice boy you are Seokmin-ah. It’s also my pleasure to meet you. Please take care of Jiyeonie at school. She has friends but she still needs someone to look out for her. Jiyeonie is a bit clumsy.” Aunty grinned at me. I whined at her saying that I’m not clumsy but I do know clearly that I am.

 

“Go along kids. I’ll bring some snacks later for you guys. You guys will be studying in the living room up on the second floor right?” aunty asked as she starts to get up from the couch. I nodded yes and quickly said bye to go to the second floor. Even if Minji isn’t here we should start to prepare. It’s always better to get the easiest things done first.

 

Leading Seokmin to the upstairs living room was real trouble. He would point out to paintings and those luxurious vases on the side of the walls and I have to drag him away from those to make sure he won’t even lay his hands on them.

 

After a billion years of asking Seokmin to just shut his mouth I got so annoyed that I just dragged him to the living room. I push him down on a sofa.

 

“Lee Seokmin don’t you dare get your off that sofa so I’ll send you to the gates of hell myself. Understand?” I said to him with a glare. I swear he is such a kid maybe even worse.

 

After scolding Seokmin with my mom side I had to do this. After taking deep breaths I walked slowly to Mark’s room and knock on the door softly. I heard some sound of shuffling inside and knew that he was probably getting up from his bed. A few seconds later the door opened with a Mark with his messy hair.

 

“Um, Seokmin is here. Minji said she might be a bit late. We should start the project now.” I said in a quiet voice. I saw him nod at me and quickly came back to the living room. I saw Mark opened his mouth to say something but I left too quickly. I wondered what he was going to say but well it’s not my business.

 

Thankfully Seokmin actually listened to what I said and he was sitting there obediently like a kid there. I giggled at how he was looking around but didn’t lift his off the sofa like I told him to. I wonder if a five year old kid got trapped in his body. How can someone our age have so much energy? It’s like totally impossible for me.

 

“Jiyeon-ah! Why were you away for a long time? I felt like I was getting lost here.” He whined immediately when I sat down beside him. I grinned at him and said nothing and just take out the sonnet that we had to do for the project. So we have to act it out huh?

 

 

When I do count the clock that tells the time,

And see the brave day sunk in hideous night;

When I behold the violet past prime,

And sable curls all silvered o’ver with white;

When lofty trees I see barren of leaves,

Which erst from heat did canopy the herd,

And summer’s green all girded up in sheaves

Borne on the bier with white and bristly beard;

Then of they beauty do I question make,

That thou among the wastes of time must go,

Since sweets and beauties do themselves forsake

And die as fast as they see others grow,

And nothing ‘gainst Time’s scythe can make defense

Save breed to brave him when he takes thee hence.

 

I read out loud as Seokmin listened to me. I guess I can get some parts of the sonnet but to be honest it’s very confusing but what can I expect from Shakespeare? He’s like a legend in the literature world and he’s someone people need to respect and like. All the stories he wrote all have a tragic ending of the main characters dying. For example like Romeo and Juliet; it was such a young and tragic love. The parents only understand when their children died that it was useless for them to hold grudges. Like seriously people? You need people to die to understand that? Just plain stupid.

 

“This poem is too hard to understand!” Seokmin whined. Does he ever stop whining even for a bit? My friend is five year old kid just wow.

 

“Well that’s why the teacher also had a paper where it explains what the sonnet is about?” I said as I playfully shoved the paper with the explanation to his face as he back away and glared at me. I glared back of course in a kidding way.

 

It lasted for about two or three minutes when the both of us burst out laughing. It didn’t help when he started to tickle me and I was literally giggling like a mad woman as I tried to slap his hands away. At least I’m not directly hurting him.

 

“S-Seokmin I swear s-stop it!” I was yelling as I try to slap and kick him. I’m very ticklish and it’s not my fault if you get any injuries.

 

“Ahem!” Someone coughed and I saw Mark and Minji. Mark had a poker face on and was kinda of glaring at us? Minji was giving me those looks your friends give you when you’re with a boy. Typical friends. Now that’s why I need to tell her soon about Seokmin like Sura.

 

“So let’s start the project!” I said as I sat down after kicking Seokmin on his legs lightly. Opps maybe a bit too strong when I saw him groan while holding the leg but nah he’ll get over it. Boys are strong.

 

After sitting down on the carpeted floor I took out all the things we need for the project. Since it was going to take a lot of space so that’s why we sat down on the floor and surround the table.

 

“Well Minji and Mark-sshi still doesn’t know the sonnet so I suggest you two read it.” I said as I give Minji the paper. She gives me the look that said is-there-only-one-paper? I nodded and she frowned. I took out the paper that held the explanation of the sonnet and skim through it quick.

 

 

When I look at the clock and notice time ticking away, and see splendid day sink into hideous night; when I see the violet wilt and curly black hair turn white with age; when I see tall trees that once provided shade for herds now barren of leaves, and the summer’s crops tied up and hauled to the barn as if summer itself were an old man being carried off to his grave – then I have doubts about the fate of your beauty, since you too will have to undergo the ravages of time. Sweet and beautiful creatures don’t stay that way; they die as fast as they see others grow. And there’s no defense against Time’s destructive power, except perhaps to have children – to defy Time when he takes you away.

 

 

Now that I understand I waited for Minji and Mark to finish reading. Seokmin looks like a kid bored to death next to me.

 

After Minji and Mark set the paper down on the table I quickly give them the paper with the explanation on it and give it to them. Minji groaned when she saw that she had to read something again. Moments later they set the paper down again.

 

“Well now that we know what the sonnet is about we have to act it out. It’ll be hard so I’m suggesting that we do a video on it instead. I emailed Mr. Nam already but he hasn’t reply. In case he won’t allow us to do the video give your ideas about how to do the project.” I said as the leader. Obviously the other three would not be qualified enough as a leader, no offense to them.

 

“The poem is about how nothing last against time, it will grow old and change. There are also some more points but I believe this is the real main story from the sonnet.” I said as the other three nodded in agreement.

 

For the next few hours we went on and on about what can we do for the project. Unexpectedly Mark actually participated a lot in the project. I thought he might be a jerk but nope. Guess he also wants the points of the project. Well he had to; this project is a big grade for this quarter for this subject.

 

Doing this project might be fun after all……………….

 


 

Author’s Note – AYOO! It’s been long I know. I’ve been busy since school started and it have been hell for me. Anyways welcome, welcome to all the new readers because you won’t be leaving *evil smile* Nah just kidding you can always leave anytime you want; I’ll even open the door for you. Just kidding don’t you dare leave me!

 

To the new subscribers thanks a lot for subscribing and for the people who upvote for this story thank you <3 This means so much for me and thank you for supporting an amateur writer like me. I still lack in many ways and I’m trying to get better on it. BYEE! I’ll try to update soon (if my school isn’t being a pain in the because it is.) I won’t rant anymore so byeeeee <3 <3