Chapter 16

I'm Living With WHO?!

Jiyeon’s POV

 

“Guys, what’s going on here?” I asked Sungjong, Sura, and Minji as I was confused as hell. Plus what’s GOT7’s Jinyoung doing here? I hope he doesn’t really want to take out hang out spot away from us. It wouldn’t be fair at all. We found this place first, so we deserve to be here anyways.

 

“I don’t know Jiyeonie. When I arrived here with Sura, we found him sleeping on our couch. We were going to dragged him away but then he woke and that’s when you found us,” Sungjong explained. That doesn’t really tell me why he was on top of Jinyoung and why Sura was cheering for him. I guess that’s another story to be told. I’ll wait for it though.

 

“Can we at least sit down first?” Jinyoung said as he sat down on our couch and wipe his sweat? I’m actually really curious what happened before I came.

 

“Mind to explain Jinyoung-sshi? Why are you in our room?” Minji sassed as she glared at him. I sat down next to Sungjong and silently waited for Jinyoung-sshi to explain why he was in our room. To be honest he shouldn’t even be here in the first place. This is our territory, and I’m not quite happy about the fact that he was found here. What if he brought the other boys here and takes control of our room?

 

“I’m sorry if I intruded into you guys hang out place. I was upset this morning and was finding a place to let my stress out and I found this room. It was empty but I saw the couch and stuff being here I knew that someone might actually “own” this place. I thought that I should take a nap because I arrived quite early this morning. When I woke up I found that dude on top of me. Well I was shaken up for sure,” Jinyoung said as we laughed at his last line for a bit. At least I know that it’s safe.

 

“Plus I like this room. It’s quite nice. How did you guys get this room though? I never knew a place like this existed in our school. Can I ask a favor? Is it ok for me to come here if I’m stress? I feel comfortable here and I know that other places are too noisy,” Jinyoung-sshi said with puppy eyes. I looked at the other three and they looked a bit worry. This is our place.

 

“We accept your apology Jinyoung-sshi. I’m sorry Sungjong oppa scared you. I guess maybe as long as you don’t say a thing about this room maybe you can hang out here. Well just don’t do anything though and make sure none of your friends know about this. I don’t want any more people in our place. Four is a big enough number. The principal allow us to have our own room because we requested but this room is under our care and I don’t want anything happening.” I said to him. The other two nodded.

 

“Thanks Jiyeon-sshi! I promise none of them will know about this.” Jinyoung said happily as he gave us unexpected hugs. It was awkward at first but within the time before school actually starts, the five became close friends.

 

“See you guys later! Byeeeee,” Jinyoung said as he happily waved to the trio. The three waved back.

 

“He sure is a nice guy. I thought GOT7 would be somehow stuck up but luckily they’re not. Anyways, it’s time for us to go to class or we might be later. See ya,” Sura waved as she walked away. She has a different class than Sungjong and I on some days. Minji also said by since she also have a different class.

 

“Let’s get going too Jiyeon-ah. We don’t want to be late do we?” Sungjong said as he dragged me. Luckily we arrived right on time before the teacher started teaching as we sat down on our seats which were next to each other. The perks of being in high school are we don’t really have a seating chart and it is fun to move after once in a while with your friends.

 

“Anyone absent today,” Mr. Choi’s voice said. Just when his sentence ended, someone just barged into the room.

 

“Well, look who’s late again. Mark will you ever learn to be on time? I hope you learn from this, detention after school for an hour. Don’t run away because if I find you not attending the detention I’ll be doubling the time of your detention ok? Now go to your seat.” Mr. Choi said. Mark just bowed to the teacher and looked around for a seat. Apparently there is only one seat left; next to mine.

 

I saw Mark eyed the seat next to me and we accidently have an eye contact. I quickly look away. I’m sure he had no choice but to sit next to me because I told you we have enough seats for each student so there is no extra.

 

Mark sat down next to me as he set his bag by his side. I turn my gaze toward the board not wanting him to notice that I stare at his side profile for a while. He’s so good looking. Wait don’t think about that Oh Jiyeon! He’s nothing but a friend, yeah a friend.

 

“So today we will be talking about O’Henry. He is a very famous author and is much known for having a twist at the end of each story. Today we will read one of his pieces call “Hearts and Hands.” I hope you guys pay attention because at the end I’m going to ask what the twist and the person who can answer it can get five points extra credits on the next test. Make sure to not tell others because well why not? Isn’t this a competition?” Mr. Choi said with a big smile on his face.

 

After I got my own copy of “Hearts and Hands” I started to read it. The story is kind of hard but I do think I understand it. The twist was quite nice to be honest. I folded the paper back into order as I set it down on my desk. Guess the five extra credit points is going to be mine.

 

“So have everyone finish reading? Well first of all I’ll be passing out sticky notes and the people who think they know what the twist was please write it down on the note and why. Please don’t cheat because I’ll be asking why you choose the twist for ok?” Mr. Choi passed out our own sticky note.

 

The twist of the story was that Mr. Easton was the actually criminal who was going to jail for counterfeiting. The real marshal just helped pretend to be the criminal because he somehow wanted to protect both Ms. Fairchild and Mr. Easton from being embarrassed. I believe he actually did a good job because he was humble enough to say that he was the criminal.

 

At first when Ms. Fairchild was bewildered by the fact that Mr. Easton was handcuffed to someone, it mentions that he raised his “right” hand which was bound to the marshal by the handcuff. At the end of the story when the two passengers were talking the smart one said how the marshal was all right. The other friend answered about the marshal being quite young, thinking that it was Mr. Easton. The first passenger replied that what kind of officer handcuff a prisoner to his right hand. These two facts proved that Mr. Easton was the real criminal and the man beside him was the marshal who pretended to be the criminal.

 

Writing those two little paragraphs on my sticky note, I walked up to Mr. Choi’s desk as I gave it to him. He smiled at me and accepted my work as I bowed and walked back to my seat and sat down. Guess I’ll be earning an extra five points because I saw Mr. Choi gave me a thumb up. I smiled at my teacher.

 

“Ten more minutes guys! After this we are moving on to something else,” Mr. Choi said as the students groaned. Some were a bit annoyed by the fact that they don’t really understand the twist or the story.

 

As ten minutes passed, Mr. Choi got up from his seat and started to collect the sticky notes that he gave to us. He placed them on his desk as he took out another book and his marker as he started to write some things on the while board. I took out my notebook as I started to copy down the notes for today.

 

It was already lunch time as Mr. Choi reminded us about our homework as we said bye to him and went to have lunch. Of course both Sungjong and I went to buy some food for us meeting Minji and Sura along the way.

 

“How was class?” We asked Minji as she said nothing really happened. But then we notice there was this blush on her cheek as we suspected of something actually happened but we decided to just let it off. Sura answered something about more work and stuff. Bad for her then. Well what do we do in lunch time? WE EAT FOOD!!

 


 

Minji’s POV

 

After I left Sungjong, Sura, and Jiyeon, I went to my class which was World History. I took a seat at my normal spot which was by the window. Ms. Kwon wasn’t here yet so I don’t really know what to do. I just took out my pen and the notebook I need for this class and waited for the Ms. Kwon to arrive.

 

“Umm, do you mind if I sit here today?” I heard a voice next to me. I turn around and saw that it was none other than Bambam. I’m quite confused, because why would he want to sit here next to me? It makes no sense at all for sure.

 

“Sure,” I answered but it sounded more like it was a question. “Thanks Minji-sshi!” he said happily as he sat down. It was quite weird for me.

 

“I’m sorry if I sit here all of a sudden. My friend ditched me and skipped first class because he woke up late and I don’t really want to sit next to the other people I don’t know,” he said with a cheerful smile. I nodded. People he don’t know? What is this? I don’t know him too but why the hell is he sitting next to me anyways.

 

“Did you do your homework? Can we check the answers? I’m not quite sure with mine, he pouted at me. I could literally feel all the blood rushing up to my cheeks. Why is he so cute?

 

“Ummm s-sure,” I said as I took out my homework from my file and set the paper next to his. He has a neat handwriting for a boy. Not to insult males but they usually have bad handwriting.

 

“Why is the answer here B? I thought it was D,” Bambam asked me. I quickly explain how I got the answer.

 

“Ohhh, I must be wrong then. Thanks Minji-sshi. It must be weird for you to have me sit next to you but now you’re even helping me with my homework. It’s very nice of you,” Bambam smiled and patted my head. The feeling oh my gawd stop!

 

“You’re quite cute you know Sura-sshi. Can I just call you Minji and drop the formalities?” he asked once again. I couldn’t let any words out of my mouth as I nodded my head. “Then you have to call me oppa because I’m older than you.” he said.

 

“You’re older than me? When’s your birthday?” I asked surprised by how I got my voice to speak to him. Bambam just smiled and answered, “May 2, 1998 (I changed the year, the real one is 1997).” He is an oppa for me, just by a few months though.

 

“When is your birthday?” he asked. “August 12, 1998.” I replied. I’m getting more comfortable with him I guess.

 

“See I told you that I’m your oppa. You should call me that,” once again, blood rushes to my two cheeks as I was speechless.

 

“Come on call me oppa!” he started to whine like a kid. “I don’t want to,” I whined back but in a soft voice. What is wrong with me? This is not a part of my personality.

 

“Minji you have to or I’ll be mad at you,” he threatened me. “Fine, go ahead and be mad. See if I care,” I stuck out my tongue at him and turn back to the front where the teacher just seems to come into the classroom.

 

“Good morning class! I hope you did your homework because this will be the last homework you guys have before the school years end. I know it’s too early but I’ll be giving projects to do instead of homework. Since we only had four homework for this quarter, it will take a great percentage in your grade for this class. I hope you guys did it.” Ms. Kwon said cheerfully as if what she said wasn’t scary enough. Thank god I turn in all of my homework and did them.

 

“Please pass up your homework to the front row.” Ms. Kwon said as we obeyed what she said.

 

“Today we will be starting a new unit about China’s One Child Policy,” Ms. Kwon announced. “Does anyone know what the topic is about?” she asked once again but none of the students raised their hands. Fine if they won’t answer, I will.

 

“Minji,” Ms. Kwon picked on me as I set my hand back down on my desk. Yes we still have to raise our hands to answer and stuff. It actually is the best way instead of having different people yelling out different answers.

 

“China’s one child policy was a law made long ago to lower the population in China. As we know China is the number one country with the biggest population. The law worked with the population getting less but then there was this problem. There was this gender imbalance between males and females in China. There was this 100 female’s ration to 119 males. Men are having difficulties getting a wife because of the low population of females. Since Chinese people want a male as their child because this is the only way of having an heir from the family, families often have abortions when they find out that their kid is a female. Plus having too many abortions will cause more problems when you have a child which will lead to a miscarriage even if the kid was a male. Even though the government will allow families in rural areas to have a second child, the other families have to pay a fee to have another child. Lots of innocent children lives were lost because of this one policy.” I answered confidently. I know I will get a good impression from Ms. Kwon.

 

“Good job Minji. Since I know at least one of my students know about this topic, I won’t do much explaining. This is the topic about the next project. There will either be work with two people or just one. I won’t accept three or more ok? Don’t argue or the principal will be very delighted to have some company with him. Well what are you waiting for get into your pairs or be by yourself. I’ll give you guys hmmm ten minutes. Well choose your partner carefully ok? Ten minutes starts now! Don’t forget to come to me and tell me who your partner is or if you’ll be working alone.” Ms. Kwon said as she set the timer to ten minutes.

 

As soon as she said that the room became chaotic because all the so call friends were having fights over being partners with their friends. I guess I’ll probably do this project alone. I was about to get up from my seat and go tell Ms. Kwon that I’ll be doing the project alone when someone pulled on my hand.

 

“Minji do you mind being my partner for this project? I’m kind of alone and have no people to work with. Plus you’re like my first friend here so please?” He wants to be partners with me? Is it because I know about this topic well so he can get good grades? Or did he really mean that he wants to work with me.

 

“What about your friend that didn’t come to school today?” I asked. Bambam grunted and answer “Don’t care about him. He deserved to work alone since he ditched me oh well,” he said with a grin.

 

“So will you?” he started to whine getting attention from the classmates nearby. Wait what should I do? I mean it’ll be fine right?

 

“Fine I’ll be your partner for this project,” I sighed. I hope this thing will go well.

 

“Then let’s go tell Ms. Kwon!” Bambam exclaimed as he grabbed my wrist and dragged me to Ms. Kwon’s desk at the front of the room.

 

The teacher looks up at us with a smile, “I’m guessing you guys are a pair. Well I expect a lot you guys. Good luck.” We bowed to her and went back to our seat. I guess it’ll be fun.

 


 

Author’s Note – Another update everybody! Since my spring break is near, I’m feeling all the good energy within me ^^ Apparently my summer is about like two months or so. Even though it’s called summer, it is monsoon since in my country June, July and August are the monsoon season. Guess who’s gonna be a sloth for the whole summer? MEEE! Byee <3