Chapter 1

I'm Living With WHO?!

Jiyeon's POV

I was eating dinner with my family peacefully at home when my mom broke the silence. Dinner was nice since everything was my favorite dishes; all meat and no veggies. Now that I notice, umma look very uncomfortable. Don’t tell me she put me in an arrange marriage! I’m too young for that.

“Umma, I’m too young to get marry!” I blurted out. My parents just give me a “what are you talking about” look. So, I’m not getting married after all. And why did I just sound so sad?

"Jiyeon-ah, I have to tell you something," I don't like the tone umma is using. Nothing is going to happen right? Our family didn’t go bankrupt right? They’re not getting divorce too right? I mean they look like the happiest couple alive on Earth.

"Y-yes umma?" I was scare I did something wrong or something bad is going to happen so I stuttered. I’m normally a very well behaved girl, more like Ms. Goody Two Shoes. I don’t get the point of me be doing some kind of trouble.

"Please don't be mad at us....."

"Umma, what are you talking about? Why would I get mad?" I was surprise when umma said don't be mad at them. I hope they didn't do anything wrong. Wait is she talking about them being away again for a business trip. I sighed to myself.

"So how long are you going to be there umma?"

"For about a year............."

"WHAT?! A WHOLE YEAR?!" Are they joking around with me because I'm sure this is not the first of April? This is the worst day of my life. It's ok if it is like one a few days, weeks or maybe a month but a whole freaking year?! I think I could die living by myself. I have a feeling I'm not going to enjoy this.

"Jiyeon-ah, please calm down." appa have his hands on my shoulder. I know he was trying to calm me down but seriously? This is way over for me. How can such parents let a 17 years old girl live on her own for one year? That's ridiculous!!

"But appa, how am I supposed to live here alone? You know I get scare easily," I almost end up crying. Seriously, I'm not weak but I have fear of being by myself. When I’m by myself I tend to think about bad things like what if a murder come and kill me or a ghost appearing when I’m showering? But the most important thing, who’s going to bake me my favorite cheesecake? TT-TT

"You aren't going to live by yourself. You're going to live at my friend's house for a year." I’m going to stay with their friend’s house for a whole freaking year? This is impossible! Maybe they have a hot son. What am I thinking?!

"But umma, won't I be a burden to them? Can I just please stay at Sura's house? It would be more comfortable for me. And I don't know anything about these friends of yours." I said in a convincing tone to umma, hoping that they would agree, but luck wasn’t on my side at all.

"No you won't. Plus you aren't the only teenager in their house. Their son is the same age as you." I was right! They do have a son! I just hope he’s someone nice, unlike other people.

"Arraso umma, I'll go live with them." I gave my parents a smile. I don't like to disappoint them so most of the time I agree to what they say. Well, I guess I’m too kind. This is stupid. I swear that son of their friends better be nice or I will be living in hell.

"Oh Jiyeon-ah, pack your bags. You're going to move in tomorrow." Tomorrow?! I'm leaving my beautiful house tomorrow?!! I want to die!! Can't I just stay over at my friend's house? I know they wouldn't mind me staying there since I'm like the second daughter of their family.

"TOMORROW?!!" I keep getting shock after shock. This is too much to handle. I could be getting a heart disease thanks to my parents being like this.

"I'm sorry Jiyeon, but we have to go on the trip on Sunday early morning so we can't leave you here until then. The Tuans also said it's ok that you can come early." Tuan? That sounds very familiar. I just shrugged it off.

"Fine umma; let me go pack after this." I was pouting a bit. I'm not going to be living at my home for like a year. Just hope whoever these people I’m living with will be nice. Well, they must be nice since they’re friends with my parents.

I went to bed with a heavy heart, overthinking like crazy. I can’t believe this. Maybe if I close my eyes and in the morning all of this will just be a dream, I don’t want to believe this. With that thought I closed my eyes tightly and went to sleep.


 

Author's POV 

The next morning Jiyeon woke up early, smile bitterly when her mom said that she needs to pack to go to the Tuan’s household. It wasn’t a bad dream after all. She quickly packed, more like took the clothes she need for one year, and well she can always buy more. Some books she would like to read. She just sat on her bed and looked around her room.

“I’m not going to be here for a whole year. I’ll miss you my room.” Jiyeon whispered as she patted her mattress on her king size bed.

Hearing that her mom is calling her to have their last breakfast together, Jiyeon went down the stairs with her purple luggage behind her. Their last breakfast, it’ll be another year for them to eat together again. One thing that makes Jiyeon sad the most is that they will be missing her birthday in 4 months coming.

After breakfast, Jiyeon said 'goodbye' to her home. She nearly cried but held it in. It’s just one year, it’ll be over soon. But somewhere in her hear, she could feel that moving to the Tuan’s house is a big change for her.

The Oh’s arrived at the Tuan's mansion. They weren't surprise at all since they are also a part of the rich people in the society. The Oh's are rich but they don't want any maids or butlers at their house. They believe that if you want to do something, you have to do it yourself to get what you want, plus they don't like to depend on others except for the time needed.

There were two people standing outside the mansion. They both look so cheerful and kind. It must be Mr and Mrs. Tuan thought Jiyeon. She was at least a bit happy that they looked kind but you can’t judge a book by its cover.

The Oh’s and the Tuans hugged each other and all of them have bright smiles on their faces like they have been reunited after many years of not seeing each other. I guess this could be fine. The Tuan couple gives off the nice feel.  

Jiyeon bowed to the Tuan couples. “Annyeonghaseyo Oh Jiyeon-inmida, nice to meet you Mr and Mrs. Tuan.”   

"Annyeong. Soojin-ah you never told me you have such a beautiful daughter." Mrs.Tuan said to Mrs. Oh. 

"Thank you Mrs.Tuan but I’m not beautiful." Jiyeon being the nice girl answer politely. She was taught to be nice to everyone.

"Aigoo, such a nice and polite daughter you guys have." Mr. Tuan said. I blushed a bit at the compliment. One thing about me, I can’t stand people complimenting me. It’s just weird to hear people say good things about me.

"Where's your son? I haven't seen him since we got here." Mr. Oh was looking around for Mark. 


Jiyeon's POV

"Where's your son? I haven't seen him since we got here." I heard appa ask Mr. Tuan.

"How rude of us to keep you guys outside of the house. Come in, Mark is inside." Mark? The son of Mr and Mrs. Tuan sounds like the kingka that annoy the heck out of me at school. I hope it's not him though. I can't bear to live with someone who would always bully me. 

My family and I follow Mr and Mrs. Tuan inside their mansion. The mansion is like ours but, the color and some of the design are different. But the mansion here is also very homely so I like it. Hope he is hot! Oh Jiyeon stop saying that kind of stuff!

We arrived at the living when I heard Mrs. Tuan asked her son to turn around to greet.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!!!" I heard a familiar voice scream. That voice is familiar, too familiar to me. Don’t tell me that it is the Mark from school. Man, this is total torture! I don’t think this is going to nice after all. Is anything nice when a person like him is around? Hell no! Man I can't wait for this freaking year to be over. If I said a word about me enjoying my stay here, I must be going crazy but it’s never going to happen. At least Mr and Mrs. Tuan are nice unlike their son, who by the way is a total arrogant jerk.


Hello!! The annoying author is back!! Well, I'm also going to edit this story and update along the way. Thank you to all the people who waited for this fanfic and I'm sorry. :( Hope this chapter is enough for today. Please comment, upvote, subscribe but comments are what I'm looking for. Bye Bye!! ^^