The Top Floor of the Building

The New Boy

Xiumin POV

I wake up in the morning on my bed, I am not using my shirt and my blanket is wide open and I am still wearing my wig. I check on the mirror, my make up is still there so I go to the bathroom to wash it off. I realize a small note that was pasted on the glass in the bathroom. It is from Luhan, the note is more like :

Hey, last night , the boys , maybe they gave u too many shots. bec after I finally get out of the one that keep making out on me, I saw u sittin on a couch. 

Yeah, u got drunk, it was quite late and u r half  sleepin on the couch while some guy playing with your s. Good thing I stop him before he can kiss u . 

You should say thx to me. anyway, I think i got wht did they mean. Meet me at the break in the same place I drag u 2. 

- Luhan 

So I get dress immediately, I look like the ordinary Xiumin. It is saturday anyway, we don't go to school but Luhan drag me at school so maybe I need to go there? So I go to school just in case and good thing I go there, Luhan is already waiting. 

What took you so long?

What makes you so fast?

Argh, ok, let's not talk about it. I just want you to know things.

Emm.. why should it be at school?

Because...... no student go to school at saturdays.

Oh.

Ok, here is the thing. So, you know the time when we go to the top floor?

Yeah....

Argh, seriously Luhan?!  It is horrible there.

Ok, forget about the kiss.

That is what I remember about.

Don't worry, before I kiss him, I put on a thin transparent plastic around my lips so that it look touch but it is seperated by that plastic.

Oh, you don't tell me earlier.

Ok, but the thing is that the guy that I made out yesterday is actually the leader among all the guards there. Guess what I stole when I am making out...

What?

Luhan dig into his pocket and then he put out a bunch of keys that is all together in one chain.

The keys to the secret rooms.

I can't believe my eyes, it is easier to finish the problem now.

How did you...., how did you..

Yeah, it is quite simple. I realize that that building, is full of strong guys but they are weak by girls. You know, be smart a little.

Yeah, thanks for calling me that.

Hey, not me.

Ok, when are we going to break in again? I am not n the mood to cross dress again.

Tommorow on sunday, we are going bare face.

Sunday? do you Sehun or Kris asked them to look out for us?

Phf.. who work on sundays? Just listen to me ok? I know much better than you. 

I just nod, well it is true. Sunday, I go to the park to meet up with him. I wait for like 15 minutes and then Luhan pop out. 

Hey, sorry for the long wait. I need to do something that is important before coming here.

Emm.. ok..

Do you want to know what is it?

Emm.. no..

Ok, do you remember on friday that Sehun and Kris know that we are together?

Emm.. yeah..

I realized where did the tracker on me was. It was in the bandage that the doctor gave to me. Don't worry, I got rid of it and put it on someone else. You know what? you should get rid of it too.

Ok, so, if we don't sneak into that place, I wouldn't know that Kris put on a tracker on me so now I have no idea where it is.

ok, hold still.

Luhan dig into his pocket and pull out a small thing that looks like a key with his injured hand that he had changed the bandage . He use it to to scan trough my body, not for a long time, that thing beep when it reach the top of my head.

Oh here it is.

Luhan pull hardly on my hair and take out a tracker. I rub my hair as it hurts my head.

Can't you do it slower?

Sorry, this is high tech tracker. Sehun must have given this to Kris, good thing I am wearing my strong-slippery hand lotion today. It will prevent you from hurting a lot.

What? if you don't use it, I must suffer more?

Yeah.. much more.

Ok, now what should we do?

Follow my car, I figure out the other way to get there.

Ok.

We start walking.

So, do we need to do anything before getting there?

Yep, stay hidden

He hand me a gun that looks like child's water gun.

You may look as if it is tiny, but I don't look at the corners of the building much as we go there. Just in case there is some cameras, shoot it with this and we won't be seen.

ok.

I examine the water gun and try to take a shot but Luhan stop me.

Don't you ever try to take a shot here.

I nod, you have no idea how serious he talk. I don't think I know this way before, it is really dangerous as I get lost or Luhan decided to left me here somewhere. Not long after, the car stop at a open space and no one is around. Luhan get out of the car so I follow him out. Luhan put on a black glasses as we reach at the back of the building. We hide on the bush that is not far from the building just in case some guards are hiding. Luhan scan around and stand up.

No one is around that building. Let's go.

What? How can you know that?

Spy glasses, I don't simply go somewhere with nothing.

Oh.

We walk to the back door, no one is around, there is no guards no people around. Luhan push the door, it won't open. 

Locked

Now what?

I got a plan, anyway, don't try to smash anything or force open anything ok? 

Ok

I watch as Luhan observe the rusty metal door, he pour some liquid at the edge of the door and it immediately creak open.

Let's go.

He walk in the building first than I follow him behind holding his shoulders. The place is really dark without those dim lights, it looks like it is being abandoned for years. Luhan hit a switch on his glasses and the light that is on his glasses go on, the light is blue and it is so bright that I can still see at a far distance.

Close the door, this light will be enough.

I close the door, I can't see anything outside the light's glow. This place must be pitch black if no light is turn on here. Luhan examine the ceilings and click some buttons on his camera.

It is safe, no security camera here.

I relax my shoulders and sigh

Sehun must think that no one come to this place anymore so he dare to let the building be.

Good, keep up the good work Sehun.

Ah you seriously, you are talking right in front of his boyfriend you know!

Ah, sorry.

Luhan roll his eyes

Ok, let's get going.

Luhan lead me to the elevator and we go to the top floor of the building. As expected, no guards is on duty so the floor is wide open. The place is not as dark as the first floor since there is a few windows along the corridor. Luhan walk straight to room that he have been curious about, the office. He open the lock and come in, the door creak as we come in nd the place is really hot. The room is small, only a desk and a chair and some bookshelf decorated the room. The place has a large window but a large curtain block the sunlight to come in but some manage to pass trough. I scan the small dusty room. This place must have been cleaned few days before we enter this room, the dust are not so thick. Luhan immediately go to the bookshelf and look at the books while I concentrate more to the desk. The desk is not long, a lamp is sitting at the corner of it and some files and few unarranged papers are laying on the desk. I pick the top file that is piled with the other files. I open it and the title widen my eyes. 

Xiumin profile.

I read aloud. Luhan get my attention and left the bookshelf that he have been looking trough.

What?

Luhan grab the file from me and turn the page. I don't know if he is scanning on the pages or is he really reading fast but he manage to get trough all the pages in the file fast. He give me the file back to me and take the toppest file on the desk. I read the title aloud again

Luhan profile

This kid is really something.

Again, Luhan finish the file fast and stack it on the top of the file I am holding and take the other file that is on the desk. He read aloud

The sick potion.

He flip on the next page 

Hey, can you read math and science languge together? I can't.

He show me the page, I shake my head to tell him I have no Idea what is it. The thing is more like this :

60% + hydrocoline acid = 4[x+4xr]

XM= LH @ 

SH= LH@

KR=XM@

70%+ 80% alcohol acid =100% (?)

( Sorry guys, I don't speak that language either so I have no idea what did I type up there)

The next page is in alphabet, thank goodness but this time Luhan read it too fast again so I don't get to see anything except for a line that goes like this :

Side effect: Amnesia, sick, anti-sociable, Ca.... 

My eyes aren't fast enough to see what is beside the ' anti-socialable ' but I know that Luhan don't like that.

Good thing you find these files, this is really important. 

Yeah, you are welcome.

Ok, look at the books that are at the shelfs.

I look at the title that is written at the side of the book. All of them is science related , some is about hormones, some is about chemicals and some is about experiments. Luhan take out a notebook from his pocket.

Hormones, chemicals, expermients, xiumin profile , my profil, sick potion.

Are you listing them down??

Yeah, things can be connected you know.

I nod

Oh, Xiumin, can you put these files in my backpack?

You think I am stupid? You got no backpack.

Luhan take off his jacket and reveal a thin backpack that he have been carrying. I nod and put the files inside.

Do you think Sehun will realize that the files are missing?

Yeah, I am sure he will.

Then? you are not going to do anything about that?

Nope, it is even our advantage you know.

What?

Yeah, I am sure that he is positive about people not knowing this place so they will suspect the guards instead of us.

Oh.. good point.

I follow him outside the room as Luhan put his jacket back on. We walk further in the hallway and found another room, Luhan open the lock and we come in. This time, no light or window was placed in the room so it is pitch black. Luhan push some button and the blue light turn on again. The room is slightly larger than the office but the room has no bookshelf but pictures and maps and a small whiteboard. Old and new newspapers are scattered on the floor, Luhan light his light around the walls. There are pictures of me, Luhan, Sehun, Kris, HunHan and our school. Some of the pictures of me were crossed out with a large 'x' in the middle with a red marker, I look at the map that is printed big and was pasted at the side of the room. Lines were drawn along the way to Luhan's house and mine with blue while a line were drawn to our school with blue but someone must have drawn it with a wrong marker so they double it up with red. I follow the lines and realize some place is mark with a red thumbtag ( is this how to spell this ?). I realize the place it the tree, the school and the school's park. What are they doing with these? I turn back and pick up one of the newspaper that is scattered around the floor. The heading is ' Love Cause Death' . I just got a idea that a 15 years old girl died when Luhan snatch the paper away from me. 

What? Can't I read anything?

Read anything else, just don't this one.

Fine, what is your problem anyway?

I take another paper and read it, this time, the paper is just about a small science corner , nothing interesting. I drop the paper and continue looking at the pictures inside the glow of Luhan's light. Luhan take some pictures around the room and leave for a few while later. 

Let's go to the third floor.

why? There are a lot of things to do here.

Yeah I know, but all of them are just the same. I got it already.

Oh, ok.

Luhan lead me to the elevator, inside, Luhan break the silence.

Hey, the room that we come in a while ago, that must be the planning room.

Oh, how can you know that?

Looks like it, do you got to see the map?

Yeah.

Good, I forget to take a look at it. What do you see??

Oh, lines to our houses and our school. Thumtag to the tree , park and the school. Nothing else.

Oh, ok.

We wait as the elelvator door open.

Just what I thought, Luhan walk straight to the lab and he open the door faster than the rooms on the top floor. Luhan walk in slowly, his footstep echoes in the room. He turn on the lights and the lab looks like an original science labotorium. I am amaze that among all rooms, this is the nicest place so far... Luhan walk around the room, examine the chemicals that is left unwashed in the test tube near by the sink. I walk to the chair that Kris once sit. The chair is a normal chair that students sit, I am still looking for what is special about the chair when I hear a small boom behind me. I look back, Luhan is holding two test tubes and there is a burn at the middle of the table.

Emm.. it is not me?

I roll my eyes, I am still thinking when I hear someone banging a door. I look back at Luhan, he looks like he have the same question.

It is coming from downstairs.

I look through the lab window, I can see some guys around the building and they are trying to smash their way in.

Look.

Luhan follow me to look at the window.

Uh oh, Deick.

What?

Those are the guards, they must know that the keys are missing and something went wrong. We need to get out of here

Luhan take out his cell phone and he call someone, I am not sure who it is.

Hey Xiumin, can you put this chemicals into diffrent plastic bags and put it inside my bag?

Luhan take out two small plastic bags that is used to carry medicine around and give it to me. I nod and pour the liquid in seperate plastic bags, before I finish pouring, the one that Luhan call pick up the phone.

Oh, hey, hi , yeah, this is Luhan. Emm... can you pick me up with the helipcopter in Sb at the rooftop please? Yep, ok, that is great. I think we will be meeting you in 26 minutes than. Yep, ok, got it bye.

I finish pouring and give the bags to him. I widen my eyes as he say 'helipcopter'. He take the bags from me and put it in his pocket.

Thanks, mind checking the guards from the window for me? Make sure the guards don't see you.

I nod as Luhan do something with his silver watch. I look out the window, I am surprise as I realize that the door is opened and some guards are going in. Some may have searched the whole floor for intruders already. I turn back at Luhan that is still messing with his watch.

The gusrd.. they, they, they

Xiumin, calm down. With this kind of thing, we need to stay calm.

I don't know how this kind of situation is calming but I breathe heavily and calm down a little bit.

The guards, they had broked in , and they are coming in.

Luhan don't respond immediately, still messing with his watch. He look at me when he is finish with it.

Then, let's make them keep searching.  Let's explore this floor before they reach here shall we?

What? what if we search here too long and they caught us? They can tell Sehun and Kris about this !

Then, we should receive the punishment.

Luhan walk out the lab cooly as nothing will happen. I shake my head, trying to stay calm and follow him. We walk along the corridor that we have been and walk to the other end that we haven't been. I am surprise that this building is almost empty, nothing interesting. Luhan is disappointed and walk back towards the elevator. Before we reach there, Luhan hand me a gum.

Chew on this

Why? I don't really like gum.

Just chew on this ok?

No, why don't you do it first?

ok

Luhan open the packet and put it inside his mouth and chew it.

See, nothing happen. I just want you to chew on this ok?

Luhan take another gum from his jacket's pocket and hand it to me.

If there is no use, why shoud I ?

Oh come on, I don't give you things in this kind of situation for nothing ok?

We reach the elevator, I realize that the elevator is moving before we push the button.

Emm.. Luhan..

Run, the guards are coming. Follow me, don't get lost !

I run beside him, he run pretty fast. Even when running, he keep pursuade me to take the gum. I give up and chew it. Not long after, we reach the edge of the corridor, there is a room with a wooden door, Luhan open the lock in a flash and open the door. Inside there is nothing but a ladder that lead to the floor on the top. Luhan lock the door back and rest for a while. I look up where the ladder is place, up there, it is dark.

We need to get up here?

Luhan is sitting while resting his back on the door, he must be tired.

Yeah, that ladder lead us to the fourth floor, the ladder on the fourth floor lead us to the fifth floor and so on.

Oh,

Not bad, 11 minutes left.

What? dude, we need to get out of here.

Relax for a while, they won't know that we are here. Even if they do, they can't open the door, they got no keys.

Luhan smile between his heavy breath while swinging they keys in front of his face. I smile back trying to look fine but my heart is pounding. Not long after, Luhan stand up and look up to the ladders.

8 more minutes. let's start climbing shall we?

Luhan climb first with his light and I follow behind him. All of the room that I pass through is all dark, no lights were , I am relief. It take us some time to reach the end of the ladder. We rest as the ladder ends and Luhan is breathing heavily. 

Quiet for a while please.

I try to breath normaly, so as Luhan. In our quietness, I can hear footsteps and shouting, no guns are heard. 

What time is it?

4 more minutes. I know we are tired but we need to go now. 

I nod, chewing on the gum make me harder to breath using my mouth. I take the keys from Luhan to open the door but he stop me.

Before that, the gum. When a guy caught you, spit that gum to him.

I nod and open the door slowly, to see wether someone is outside. No one is outside, I beckon Luhan to follow me. Luhan is walking quietly behind me, holding my hand while I walk foward along the corridor with tense. I meet no guards so far, we almost reach the main place, I am really happy.

The stairs to the roof is at the other side, we need to get there in 2 minutes.

I nod, we reach the main place. There is no guards, I am relaxing when suddenly the elevator door open. Uh-oh, busted. The guards spoot me and Luhan and immediately chase after me and Luhan. Good thing that Luhan react fast and pull me runnig to the other side or I will just stand there and wait until I get caught. The guards are running really fast, one of them nearly caught my hand but Luhan increase his speed rapidly and hold me tighter that force my legs to move faster. Not long after, we reach the stairs. Luhan walk up the stairs fast with some guards following us. The stair is not long so we reach the roof fast. The roof is really big, I can see everything up here. Luhan run to the edge of the building. I look down,  the building is really tall and I feel dizzy just by looking down. Some guards that is still after us surround us so we have no place  to go.

Hey, we have no more place to go, we should jump.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? I rather get caught with these guys than jump off this building.

Since you are coming with me, you need to.

Ok, I am not coming with you, I will get myself to the guards now.

I want to walk foward when Luhan take out a handicap and handicap me with him.

WHAT THE HECK MAN !! 

So, now you are coming with me. Any last words?

Yeah, nice meeting you man. My life have more troublle than usual.

You're welcome. Now my last words to you. The thing I want to be friiends with you is that because since Sehun declare to everyone that I am his boyfriend, I never feel this such freedom beforre. When I am with you, I just feel free, like, the boy I used to be before Sehun. Ah, I don't know how to express it, but I just feel happy , you know.

I nod, the guards walk closer to us.

Ok, we need to just in 4, 3, 2,

I close my eyes as I can feel my hand being drag with Luhan's I can feel myself falling in a high distance but not long, I feel that I stop falling but I don't touch the ground. I open my eyes, Luhan is hanging on a helipcopter and my hand is hanging with his.

Move will you? You are heavy!

Oh ok.

I hold on to the rope that is release by someone on board. I get in the helipcopter as the thing fly foward. As I am on board, I can see the guards all with dissappointed face.

Throw the gum at them!

Luhan take out hs gum from his mouth, it is gross, I know but he manage one of the guard and that guard got electric shock.

Wow

I immediately put out mine, sorry for being disgusting but I throw the gum and hiit on eof the guard to. I am happy with it. I rest in the helipcopter beside Luhan. 

So, how is today adventure?

Yeah, I call it a normal day with Luhan.

He laugh a little bit.

Don't worry, we can do more in the future.

 

 

 

YAy !! finally this chapter is done !! I think thsi chapter is the longest among all.