Chapter 18

The Mafia's Son.

 

Chapter 18

 
 
 
 
"It's nothing to worry about Mrs. Wu, you just need to watch very closely of your health. You haven't been eating and that might be the reason. Come back after 2 week and we'll do another cheek up. Shin" he says in a stern voice. " I know your dad and I also know that your the leader in what ever you do but--" "I should take a break, I know." I sigh recalling the nine mouths of break......I mean so called break. " I'm sorry Jihyo can't be here to aid you but I'm doing the best I can." He sighs as he stares out the window with his hands behind his back. "It's fine...I'll take my leave now." "I'll see you soon Shin."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
.......
 
 
 
 
"Daddy? When's mommy coming home?" Kevin sat near the window waiting for Shin. " Uncle Chen is bringing mommy back soon, okay? We just need to wait." Wufan sat worried next to Kevin on the floor near the window. They stared at the drive in hoping Chen would show up. "Daddy? Why didn't you take mommy?" The two stared at each other with a pout on their face. "You should ask mommy that." A sigh escape both of their mouths. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After Shim left the bathroom, Kevin and Wufan waited worry with a pale face. "It's nothing guys. Come on, let's go eat." She covered up her pain in her face with a smile. "Let's go, go, go~" she slip her arm threw Wufans and held Kevin's. Stilling having their worried face on, they shook it off as they sat around the table. As much as she smiled, their worry for her still didn't disappear. After calling Chen on Wufans phone, she told the two that she has some business to do and that she'll be back in a little bit. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And so, they sat on the floor staring out the glass window waiting for Shin. 
 
 
 
 
 
.......
 
 
 
 
"What did he say Shin?" 
 
......
 
 
"Shin? What did he say?"
 
.......
 
"Shin?"
 
......
 
"Shin!!"
 
 
 
"Why are you yelling!?" I glared at him confuse. "You tell me. Are you day dreaming again? I ask you what did the doctor say." His voice was at his regular tone. I sigh wanting to hide behind my seatbelt "Nothing. He said nothing---WHAT THE CHEN!?"
 
 
 
 
 
My face hit the dashboard as he stomped on the breaks. "What the was that for!? The road is clear!!" I yelled covering my soon-will-be-red cheek. "I know it is." His voice sound so calm, I could just punch the out of--- Never mind, I did. "OWHHH!!" I smirk as he massage his jaw. "Who's hurting now?" I pinch his cheek. "Now tell me why are you acting weird to me---" "ME!? ME!?" He slap my hand away.
 
 
 
 
 
I was shock at his sudden voice. He sounded so hurt yet so mad. "Chen..." My voice was a whisper but he didn't respond. Instead he just drove off, really really fast. My hands grip on the seatbelt across my chest. The rush was just turning my stomach upside down. "If your mad! Then tell me!" I yelled with my eyes close. But nothing, he said nothing. I bit my lip as tears well up on the side. "Chen...please..." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I suddenly felt the car slow down and we were in the dark. "Where are we-- what the!? Chen! Are we in a Car Washing place!?" His serious face went into a smile. My heart exploded as I heard the washes go on and the soap sprinkle around the car. "Shin-- SHIN!!!" His hands held on wrist as I grip his neck.
 
 
 
"You think that was funny!? I almost cried~" his eyes soften as I pull away. "Shin? Crying!? Buahahaha!!----wait. Are you serious?" I covered my eyes as I sobbed. "Your so mean~" I cried between my fingers. "S-sorry. I-I didn't th-think you'd take this--" "What ever!" I wiped away my tears. "What are we even doing here?" I took a deep breath. "Y-yeah. I wanted to say something." "What is it?" My eyes glued to the window. "Can you at least look at me when I'm talking to you?" His voice sound to careful. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I sigh turning to him. "Look," his hand reach out for mines. " I'm only gonna say this once and I'll support what ever you say because I love you, you know that right?" I nodded getting a bit confuse to where he was going. Taking the deepest breath their was, I waited for him to talk. 
 
 
 
 
"AreyoupregnantandisChanyeolthefather."
 
......
 
 
 
 
 
.....
 
 
 
 
....
 
 
 
 
....
 
 
 
 
....
 
 
"OWHHH!" I slap him on the arm. "I know I speak multiply languages but that doesn't mean I speak gibberish! Speak slower~" I smile a bit annoyed.  He pout rubbing his arm. "I said I was only gonna say it once!" He yelled turning the other way. "How could I hear you when your speaking fast and the Car machine is loud?! One more time Chen." I ask with one finger up. "Okay. But I swear if you don't get it, then your deaf." He shakes his head as he reach out for my hand again.
 
 
 
"Three words."
 
 
I nodded.
 
 
 
"And you can only nod, say anything then I'm gonna slap you silly"
 
 
 
 
"Sounds fair-- OWHHH!!"
 
 
 
I held my cheek. "What the--" "No words~" his finger taunt me. *!* I was breathing hard as I glare. 
 
 
 
"Hurry up!" I mouth.
 
 
 
"Okay, three words."
 
 
 
 
 
"Pregnant?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
I slowly nodded.
 
 
 
 
"You ! And you didn't tell me!?" He rolled his eyes dramatically. *i just found out yesterday!? You * I held my words in. 
 
 
 
 
 
"Word two, Chanyeol."
 
 
 
Lost at what ever he was trying to say, my arms formed a W. He shook his head taking a deep breath. 
 
 
 
 
"Father."
 
 
 
....
 
 
 
....
 
 
 
...
 
 
 
....
 
 
 
"God damn it CHEN! What the are you trying to say!!? I'm tired of guessing!" His hand was high up in the air with his lips forming a smile. "Slap me and I'm cutting the wheels off this car." I threaten him. "No! Not my car! You ed up my other one last time--" "I was racing Minho! I had to use your car!" I sigh shaking my head. " I'm leaving--" "Okay!" He held my wrist as I held the door handle. "Okay...." Staring at him, I pulled my hand back.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
" your pregnant and I'm okay with that because I was honestly was lost at why you were being a to me lately, but that's fine." My mouth left ajar as I stare blank at him. "Anyways. What I really wanted to say was...... Words been going around the business that you and your "new nanny" has a thing." My eyebrow arch as it took me seconds to catch on.
 
 
 
 
"Thing? Why would they think that?" I sat back. "Chanyeol is a friend I need. He's like a pill that I need when I'm drifting away from this ty world." I could see him nod in the corner of my eye. "Your pill you say?....." I eye him as he said that funny. "Or your doll." "Yah!" He caught my hand that was heading for his arm. "What?~ your using him as your doll aren't you! That's why you been denying Kris every time I bring up his name because you get sick of him. Now every time Chanyeol come visits the office, your BOTH HAPPY!" "I-......I--" "it's okay Shin. I know, I know." My body's been pulled into a hug.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I get it. Sometimes you need to swap partners in bed to get that good feeling again. I get it.." His cold fingers my hair.
 
 
....
 
......
 
 
......
 
 
.....
 
 
 
 
 
"If you don't pull back IN THREE IN SECONDS, IM RIPPING YOUR HEAD OFF" His face was right in front of mines. Slapping both of his cheeks, my voice was a boom box.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT OUT OF ALL THE YEARS I LOVE WUFAN, I WOULD LEAVE HIM JUST TO GO WITH SOME OTHER GUY!? AND NO! CHANYEOL ISNT MY DOLL! IM PREGNANT AND CHANYEOL IS NOT THE FATHER!!!" My heart was pounding against my chest.
 
 
 
 
"If that's what you brought me here for, then THATS your answer." I didn't care if we were in the middle of washing a car, I can't believe CHEN, my back up when ever I was in deep thought that I could be that low! "Shin!" His voice echoed through the water that soaked my hair. "Shin come back!!--" his voice cut off as I slam the door on his face. Finding my way out, by the time I open the door, the win hit my body freezing my cold soul. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Get in the car!!" He drove right beside me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you in any kind of way Shin~ Please get in the car!" My body was ice cold due to the water and cold wind icing my body. But why should I even turn back, he's the one being a man. Ahead I seen a small shop but not just any shop. It was Xiumins Shop. My feet darted for the door with tears running down my face. "Xixi!~" I cried opening the door.
 
 
 
 
 
As blurry my eye sight was, half of the shop was empty with only two people inside minding their own business. "Shin?" I seen Xiumin come out from the kitchen. "Xixi~" my cry became louder. "Why are you crying" his voice filled with concern as his warm palms cup my cheeks. "And why are you so skinny?" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Xiumin!~" I hid my face at the croak of his neck. I couldn't even speak right. The only word that came out my mouth was Xiumin. "Shhhh.. Don't cry, don't cry. I'm here, your Xixi's here. Sohee, get me a blanket for her and warm milk. Come Shin, let's get you warm, neh?" He pulled me under his arm, walking me upstairs towards our own place. Sitting down of the couch, my body felt so numb that I didn't know I was that cold. " Shin~ say something." Back to reality, I sniff before looking straight into my best friends eyes. "Xiumin.... How are you? I've been so busy with my ty life, I haven't  been paying attention to my best friend." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
His laugh was little yet still unsure. "Is that the reason why you came in crying?" * No it wasn't. The reason why I came here is because I'm hurt more then the pain in my stomach. And I just want everything to go back to the way they were...* ".....yeah..." My voice was a whisper.
 
 
 
 
Cupping my cheeks again, he sigh with a smile. " actually I've  been starting to think you forgot about me. You don't stop by the shop any more so I thought you were fine--" "How can I be fine without missing this chubby cheeks of yours? Are you crazy?!" My tears start to well up in my eyes again. "Oh my little Shin~ stop crying~" he sang as he held me tight towards his chest. "Xixi~" I croak as I rest my head on his shoulder, "hmmm?" He answer as he held me. " .....I'm scared...Xiumin, I'm scared." My grip around his waist became tighter. "I'm here Shin." True worried in his voice never left. "Tell me everything Shin." I nodded taking a step back. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Authors POV!
 
 
 
 
 
Hours past by and she was spilling out her heart towards her best friend. Xiumin felt knifes stab his heart as he felt all the pressure his best friend felt these past few mouths. They sat on the couch buddle up in blankets with their warm snacks. "S-so..." He took a deep breath before talking. " Kris will marry Jessica, Chanyeols your nanny, you met his friends, Chen called you a , your also pregnant to the man your trying to forget and you tried going through all this without my shoulder?" A pinch of pink covered her face from embarrassment. "Y-yeah." She nodded with her head down.
 
 
 
 
 
A sad sigh could be heard above her ears. " I wasn't trying to ignore you Xixi! Please, I honestly just wanted time to think--- Xiumin?" Her body being embrace by Xiumin as he hid his face in the croak of her neck, "stupid!...." He cried for her. "Why are you so st-stupid!?..." He slaps her back with a rub after. "My poor Shin~" his cry became louder and Shin couldn't help but to cry along. "Xixi!!~" the two stood their feeling really bad.
 
 
 
 
...........
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Another hour pass by and Kris grew very worried. "Chen." He gritted his teeth. Sweat drop down the side of his face as he heard Kris dark voice. "I sent you to take care of my wife and bring her back safely. WHY AM I STLL WAITING!?" His voice grew even mad as his son watch him rage. "Daddy can I talk to uncle Chen?" He pout with his hand out. "Sure son.." He sigh handed his phone over. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"UNCLE CHEN! WHERES MY MOMMY! BRING HER NOW!!" A smile formed on Kris's lips as he pat Kevin's head. "Chen~" his haunting voice gave Chen the chills down his spine. "I'll give you one more hour to bring her here---Never mind, just give her the phone, now." He tap his foot waiting to hear his wife's voice. Chen panic ", , !" He mumble to himself. "I'm waiting!" He yelled making Chen jump. "She's in the bathroom--" "Then I'll wait." His voice was calm. Biting his lip he glared at the phone with a panic " Sorry, Shins calling me! Gots to go!" "CHEN!!!---Beeepppp---" Kris was now raging to see his wife. " Is mommy coming?" Kevin ask looking up at his dad. He sigh nodding. "Yeah..." The two sat in the living room, still waiting.
 
 
 
 
.........
 
 
 
 
 
The drive back to Shins house was filled with wise words and memories. "Just don't forget to eat Shin." He runs circles around her hand. "What makes you think I'm gonna forget to eat?" She tilt her head, staring at him sideward. "Because when your stress you tend to forget to eat or what Yuri likes to say....Live. Your doctor said you've miss 2 days of eating and your pregnant. Do you not care about your new baby?" He said in a scolding tone. She pout looking away "of course I do... I was just---" "it doesn't matter Shin. I'll call you every hour to check if your eating and I mean it." He hiss as he heard Shin mumble to herself. "Well you can't because Kris broke my phone when I was in the hospital." She folded her arms as if she won. "And why would he do that?" He ask confuse.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shin sigh shaking her head "because it's Kris. He got jealous after hearing me talk to Chanyeol so he just smash my phone on the floor. And it was the newest!" Her hands in the air as she shook her head. "It's hot when he gets jealous but not when he ends up smashing my ." She bit her lip. "About this Chanyeol guy, what do you plan on doing with him?" She stares at him annoyed "why do you guys make it sound like he's my pet? He's a oppa, an older brother to me--" "Never once have you called me Oppa when we were little and I've known you all my life!" He blew the hair out his face to which Shin chuckle. "What makes you think I'm gonna call this cutie a oppa? Your such a kid." She pinches his left cheek, leaving a red mark.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yah~" "But please don't. Chanyeol is a good guy, why can't everyone see that?" She slouches in her chair, hiding behind the seatbelt. "I wonder what's he doing." Her eyes staring out the window. "See! That's why!!" She felt Xiumin poke her cheek. "Because we guys wouldn't like it if our girl was "thinking" about another man. I mean what if I was Kris. How would you feel if I was wondering how Jessica was? Understand?" My eyes widen.
 
 
 
 
 
"That makes senses but... but... It's not like I don't wonder about you, Chen, Tao or--" "That's different. You just met this guy and now he's living with you. That's like another guy living with Jia and my little Ling-ling calling him dad. That's why Kris is trying his best to love you like before. I'm disappointed in him but not to the point where I want him to leave you. I can't imagine someone  else making you happy as much as Kris does. Don't leave him..... You can't leave him Shin." His voice soften as he began to rub her hand again. "You deserve to be happy Shin, and so does Kris. Maybe this baby is a sign of you two to not leave.  " .......
 
 
 
"Your right. Thanks Xixi, I love you. You know that right?" She rope her arm around his neck. "Y-yah. I know, I know. Now let go before I crash the car!" She chuckles kissing his cheek. "But you'll always be my number one oppa. (Older brother)." She grins as she see his cheeks fully pink. "Of course I AM. Who else would it be?!" He laughs rolling his eyes.
 
 
 
 
After laughing and hitting each other for a while, Xiumin pulled up to the house. "Well, we're here." He stares at the dark house in front of him. "Yeah... Well.... see you later Xixi." She gives him a wave but doesn't leave her seat. A minute of silence pass by and she still hasn't moved. "Well~ get out my car." He gives her a light push on the shoulder. She glares at him sidewards as her hand held the handle "I knew you never loved me." She shakes her head taking a step out the car. "One more question." She ask as she turns around. He nods waving her to go on. "What do I do when I see him? I mean, I still feel weird..." She bites her lip confuse. He sighs nodding "the same thing I've always been telling you..."
 
 
 
 
 
 
Shin nods giving him a smile. "Well I better get going--" "SHIN! LEE SHIN MI!!!" She jumped back into the car as she heard a high pitch voice yell her name from the darkness. " What was that!?!" Xiumin yelled as he locked the doors. "I-I don't know?" She replied back scared. "But it sounds familiar...." Their hearts beating like crazy. "Wh-why are you getting scared! Your the Mafia leader!" He yelled as he held onto her arm tight. "Why are you scared!? your the guy!!" They both held onto each other. "SHIN!!!" "AHHHHHHH!!!!!!" 
 
 
 
 
"OPEN THE DOOR!!!" It was so dark she couldn't see the face of the person by her door. "I-it's ME! CHEN!!" He banged on the window. "Chen?" The two said in unison. "Open~!" He cried. Shin slowly open the door only to get yelled at. "WHERE DID YOU GO!?" Tears filled his eyes.
 
 
 
 
"I thought I lost you~ I couldn't find you any where. So I waited outside your house in the cold hopping you'll come home soon. Your freakin husband is gonna kill me if I didn't bring you home with the next five minutes~" his nose running with his tears. Xiumin shook his head "hi Chen..." He said in a low tone. "Xiumin?...XIUMIN!! I called you! Why didn't you pick up!?" His tears became like the longest river.
 
 
 
 
 
 
" sorry. I forgot my phone at the shop. I have to go now. Bye Shin!" He waved at the two who were standing out side. Besides the awkward wind that slap there body's, Chen felt guilt hit him harder then all the punches put together. "Shin--" "Leave me alone." She pushes him away and marches away from her house. "Yah! Where are you going!?" He followed after her. She crosses her arms, ignoring him. "Shin please. Your husband is gonna kill--" "Maybe I want him to kill you!!" She yelled in his face. "I hate you Chen! Your the worst friend I ever meant!" She pushes pass him and towards the front door. 
 
 
 
 
"Wait!" 
 
 
 
 
Her feet still marching towards the door, she felt that the only anger in her was towards Chen. "Shin please listen to me!!" His voice echoed making the birds leave their nest. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I LOVE YOU!!" 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her body slowly turned around. "What did you say?" Her eyes glitch as she stated deep into his. "I in love you. Now that you know that, do I have your attention?" He walked up to her. "Don't take it serious, I love you as my friend nothing more..." His words sting his own heart. "But please forgive me.... Please..." He beg repeating. She sigh pulling her hand away. "I'll tell Kris you sent me home. Now leave." He felt a bit relief but not enough to leave. "Your still mad at me, I know it Shin--" "We'll talk about this tomorrow. It's getting late. Go now.." She became worried as his skin looked pale. "Okay~ but first thing when we see each other, okay?" She sigh nodding her head. "Okay." He smile hopping to get a smile back but he was wrong. "Drive safe.." So caring yet cold. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She enters the house leaving Chen lonely and hurt. He sighs nodding his head "Bye...." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
........
 
 
 
 
She places a hand over her tummy as she enters her house. "I'm starving~" her stomach growls along with her. Walking into the kitchen, she stares at the food Kris made before she left. Swallowing the thought of it, she open the fringe to nothing but milk and onions at the bottle to which she was pretty sure was rotten. "I miss you babe.." And there she felt it. His manly smell and strong arms lightly holding her around her waist.
 
 
 
"I miss you so much.."
 
 
 
 
His hot breath tickling her ear as he kisses her lightly around the neck. " You made me worried, I thought you weren't gonna come home. I even thought I had to kill Chen for not bringing my baby home.." Shin just stood there, frozen. "Shin?" He let go and turned her around. "Are you okay?" His hands slowly cupping her face, she suddenly remember what Xiumin said. 
 
 
 
"What Do I do when I see him?"
 
 
 
 
"Do what you always do, love him."
 
 
 
 
 
 
Smiling at her husband, she hugs him tightly towards her chest. " I missed you too..." She stares up at him with her arms still roped around his waist. " YOU." Glaring him deeply into his dark brown eyes, which he finds y, she bites her lip " One more chance." He smiles brightly and smashes his lips onto hers. Loving every bit of her, he pulls back with their foreheads still touching. " Wu Shin Mi..." he softly says against her lips. She hums with a smile. " I can't wait to yell your name on my birthday..." A hint of pink covered her face. 
 
 
 
 
" ert."
 
 
 
 
 
 
COMMENT AND LOVE ON!
Happy early birthday to my husband!! Long Update~ Your Welcome!!