The Best Break-Up ever

@BAP_Jasma Imagines

"Meet me in under the tree when you finish work. We need to talk."

You gasped and tried not to let the tears fill your eyes. "We need to talk." That only meant one thing. No, Daehyun, please. Not today.

He didn't know the awful day you were having at work. He didn't know you had a deadline to meet. But he did know how much you loved him. Did he? Had you told him how much you loved him? Surely he knew. Didn't he?

He'd been so distant and on edge recently, so hesitant and uneasy in everything when usually he'd always been such a confident character. Maybe this was the end for you after all.

With a heavy heart you packed up your things. Your boss should've just fired you. There was no way you'd meet that deadline with a break up looming, and bad things usually happen in twos. Women in films usually get fired just before they get dumped.

Driving to the park under the dimly-lit streets was easy, you knew it so well. The park was where you first met, five years ago (the anniversary was coming up in fact) on a park bench under the biggest tree, cherry blossoms floating around you as you realised you loved this stranger. That park was love, your love for Daehyun. Well,  if he was planning on breaking your heart, why not break the happy memories you had together and break up where you first met? How genius.

The park was deserted, but the large park gates were unlocked, which was weird. You walked in suspiciously, the gate creaking behind you and clunking shut with a rattle. The noise gave you chills though it was a humid April evening. You spotted the bench under the tree a way off from a little yellow glow beneath it, and a dark figure you couldn't quite make out. Oh no, had someone set fire to it again? You walked forward cautiously, mentally noting that you had no weapons on your person but keys and nail varnish remover.

As you got closer you saw the light was a dozen white candles lit beneath the tree, the beautiful cherry blossom covering the grass and on the bench sat Daehyun, wearing the black coat that suited him so well and nearly polished shoes. You nearly laughed if it hadn't been from the surprise you felt; Daehyun never polished his shoes.

"Daehyun?" You stuttered. You weren't really sure what to say. This didn't exactly shout 'break up'.

"(Y/n)." He smiled at you, making your heartbeat increase as it always did. "Come and sit here."

"You said we needed to talk. I thought..." You sat down beside him cautiously.

You watched as realisation flooded his eyes. "Oh (y/n)! I'm so sorry! I'm not going to break up with you. I'm not. That was stupid of me."

"Yes it was." You tried to be firm but you secretly let out a big sigh of relief.

"I've come to ask you something. I thought this was the best place to do it..." He fumbled in his coat pocket and lowered himself on to his knee in front of you. You couldn't stop a gasp of shock and emotion escaping your lips.

"(Y/n), when I first laid eyes on you here, five years ago today, I knew you were the one for me. We can talk about everything and nothing so easily, I'm not scared when I'm with you and I honestly think you're the only person I can be myself with without worrying about how I should be. I love you, (y/n), and I know that love will last until I did. So..." He opened up the little box he held in his hands to show a beautiful ring. "(Y/n), will you marry me?"

You felt your tears sliding down your cheeks as you nodded; you were overwhelmed by his beautiful speech, the beautiful ring and his beautiful face.

Daehyun smiled and tears welled up in his eyes as he slid the ring on to your finger and took you in an embrace.

He smiled into your hair. "Best break-up ever, eh?"