A New Type of Maid

@BAP_Jasma Imagines

You stared blankly out of the window, watching field after field and tree after tree zoom passed you in a blur. You wanted to stop and take in everything, your home, but you couldn't. You wanted to, but you couldn't.

You hated change, especially leaving. You had to leave your life at home and move somewhere new; it was a step in a new independent life where you had to control and you were doing something you loved. It was the right thing to do, but now it was happening you began to doubt that you'd made the right decision all those months ago.

You were leaving your family behind, your friends, and internet. You weren't sure how long it would be until you coud tweet your friends for support and a bit of cheering up, and your heart ached to just go back to the ordinary for one more day.

But no, this was right. You hoped your flatmates were as nice as they were when you'd met them first. You'd get on well, and you'd work hard. It just seemed so scary as the train hurtled on, getting further and further away from what you knew and into the unknown.

Time melted away as you reminisced about life in the past and dreamt about the future. It wouldn't be long until you could visit again, and what student flat wouldn't have internet? Everybody knew how important Twitter was.

It wasn't as busy as home when you got off the train but you still found it difficult to find the exit and a tazi and the piece of paper with the address on in your pocket. But you got it. Everything was under control.

The taxi driver made small talk but you made it clear with your short answers that you weren't in the mood for conversation. You wanted to experience arriving auietly and by yourself.

The car pulled up outside your new house. You gulped, passed him the money and got out without waiting for change.

Here you were. Your new life.

Your legs shook as you walked up the steps and you couldn't get the key in straight at first. The door opened with a creak and you pulled your little suitcase through.

"Hello?"

"Hi!"

The response surprised you; the voice was familiar and deeper than what you remembered your female flatmates to sound like. You got an even bigger surprise when they walked to the front door.

"Hey, (y/n)." It was your boyfriend.

"Yongguk!" You squealed, hugging him. "What the heck are you doing here?"

"I wanted to be here when you arrived." He grinned. "And I cleaned for you, just gave your room a bit of a dust and a tidy and sorted out your stuff that had already been sent here. Honestly, I feel like a changed man. I might become a maid." You giggled at his ridiculous suggestion and the ridiculous situation. "I don't know what to say." You were overwhelmed with happiness. Maybe your new life could wait until tomorrow.

"You don't have to say anything." He whispered as he leaned in to kiss you. You smiled into his kiss, and wondered if he was hiring for maid service. You could use him round here.