Gym buddies

@BAP_Jasma Imagines

Day one of changing your lifestyle: go to the gym.

You'd been before, and absolutely hated it. But you were going to go at least four times a week now, to get fit and healthier. But you still dreaded it.

You'd bought new gym clothes specially; expensive ones so you'd be more determined to use them. Though you felt uncomfortable and uneasy in your lycra as you walked into the gym, resisting the urge to scowl at the sport-freaks (as you called them) saunter in through the door, their toned thighs somehow looking good in the disgusting gym wear.

They were all too happy to be going to do exercise, you thought as the receptionist greeted you with a smile.

You decided on the treadmill first. You began to run, ignoring your immediate uneven breathing as you increased the speed of the machine. Your feet thumped on the belt as it spun speedily underneath you.

Your eyes were caught by a man using the pec-deck fly machine. You couldn't rip your eyes off him; his face was squeezed into a frown of concentration as he pulled the weights round with his arms. The veins in his muscles were clear, his arm and chest muscles were defined and shone with sweat.      

You were too distracted and lost your footing, tripping on the treadmill that you'd set too fast so that your feet thumped even louder as you grabbed hold of the hand rail, holding yourself just before you fell. You felt the man's eyes on you though you continued to run, face set hard, eyes focused directly in front.

You slowed the machine to a walking pace, your heart pounding; you weren't sure if it was because of your exercise, your trip or the gorgeous man at the side of the room. 

He stopped working on the machine, wiped his face on a towel and began to walk in your direction. Oh no! You tried to ignore him and concentrated on your walking, but your legs felt like jelly.

He slung his towel over effortlessly like in a film and stopped at your treadmill.

Oh, great. Focus, (y/n), focus. For goodness sake, don't pant so much.

"Hi." He gave a warm smile, and you nearly squealed as you saw his eyes crease to little slits in the cutest way possible. "How are you? Are you OK?"

You nodded, trying desperately to get your breath back.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"The name's Jongup." He held out his hand and you shook it, just as you slipped on the still moving treadmill.

"Whoops!" Jongup's hands went immediately under your armpits to support you, lifting you out of harms way on to the gym floor.

"Thank you." You breathed, reddening with embarrassment.

"It's ok!" He was smiling again. "Will I be seeing you again here? I'm sorry, I didn't get your name."

"(Y/n)." You replied. His eyes. His eyes were gorgeous.

"OK, (y/n), I'll see you around." He gave wink and sauntered off out of the gym. You clung to the treadmill handle.

If that didn't motivate you, nothing would.