Chapter 20

True Feelings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A day before the dinner, the girls went out to buy an outfit for the event. Though it was just a dinner, the girls wanted to look good. While the girls were shopping around, Isabella bumped into her old friend.

"Jenessa?"

The girl heard her name being called and she turned.

"Yes?"

"You are Jenessa!"

Isabella squeled. She was so happy to get to see her old friend. Both of the girls were quite closed with each other last time. Jenessa was the one who introduced Isabella her first love. Isabella was thankful to her.

"Isabella...?"

The said girl nodded gleefully. Both girls gave each other a tight hug before letting go.

"Oh my! I missed you!"

"I miss you too!"

"What are you doing here?"

"Shopping with my friends. How about you?"

"Out with my boyfriend. He should be here any minute."

Both girls chatted for awhile. Isabella told her friend that she had moved to Korea along with her childhood friends and was pursuing her passion. Jenessa was pursuing her dream too as a model in America but she came back to Singapore for a break. While chatting, Isabella heard a familiar voice that she had yearning for a very long time.

"Babe?"

"Dear! What took you so long?"

Isabella turned to see who the voice belong too. She was scared that the guy might be him but she hoped it wasn't him. Unfortunately, luck wasn't on her side. It was him. Really, him.

"You remember our old friend, Isabella, right?"

"...Yeah."

There's hesitation in his voice, Isabella could sense it. Isabella faked a smile.

"Hi. It's been a really long time since we meet, huh, Kevin."

"Yeah. How have you been?"

"I've been good. Really good."

Isabella stressed on the word 'really' to him. He could see a glint of sadness in Isabella's eyes.

"Well, I got to go. See you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter