chapter fifteen grandumma

living with the boys

 

Tai’s POV

Wtf am I doing here? Hey, isn’t this the place that my grandumma is at? Hmm…I’ll go check, I haven’t seen her for like six months. Ahh I remember all the cookies she’d make me. She was the nicest think I could think of. The way she always told me to persure in my dreams no matter what they were. She even payed for singing and music lessons no matter where I was. She was always so kind no matter who it was. I had always looked up to her. I should really go in and say hi.

I walked into the elderly home and asked the receptionist for my grandumma. She handed me a piece of paper and when I got there my eyes basically popped out of my head. There she was my grandumma, hooked up with a bunch of wires sticking out of her arms. The colour drained from her cheeks. It was the most depressing sight I’ve ever seen.

“Teagon? Is that you? Wow have you grown up! Come and tell me what I’ve missed.” She said. Her voice sounded like if she spoke any louder than a whisper she’d die. And from what she looked like, she probably would. I loved her to much to not fill her in. I just poured my whole heart into what’s happened the last month. Auditioning, getting in, Saora/Kyuhyun, Fridaay the thirteenth and Leeteuk getting angry leading me here.
“Teagon that is actually  really inspiring story. You are such a perfect role model. I really wish that your sister was more like you.” She said softly and hugged me. I hugged her back. The next thing I knew a doctor came in.
“Umm hello who are you?” he asked.
“Huh? Oh Miahne I am Tea- uhh Tai. I Am a relative of of her.” I said bowing.
“Ahh… okay well I am quite surprised that she can remember you.” He said before turning to my grandumma. “Do you remember him? This is Tai your Grandson. You love him very much.” He said.
“I’m pretty sure she can remember me, Sir.”
“Has nobody told you?”
“Told me what?”
“Your grandmother here has had a stokre that has attacked half her brain. She cannot hold anything properly, write or anything. She also cannot remember basically anybody in her family. But she can remember you? It is really a miracle.”
“What? Why did nobody tell me?”
“Well if you are who I think you are then your Umma said that she didn’t want to trouble you with these worries.” I had frozen on the stop. Because the comforting beep-beep-beep sound of my grandummas heart had stopped. It was the only thing telling me that she was alive. I turned around and saw that she was laying there lifelessly. For a second it was like my whole world had died. Suddenly I didn’t feel the need to debut, hide my gender, be nice, protect myself. All I wanted to do was cry.

After an hour of doctors trying to get her heart beating again they stopped. It was obvious that she was gone forever…

Then I ran. For the second time today I didn’t care where but I just had to.

As I was passing a dark alley I saw a figure standing there with lots of bottles around him. I picked one up and stared at it. “SOJU” it said. The hyungs were drinking this before. It’s the thing that got them drunk… before I knew it I had the bottle pressed to my lips. Taking a long swag of it. Grabbing as many bottles as I could from the passed out man I took them and ran to my special place. The han river.

Ever since I was a child I loved this place. My grandumma would take me here whenever I was feeling down. Just thinking about her made me cry. Not long after I had drowned all the bottles of SOJU. Feeling so tipsy I slowly lost control of myself. I felt myself slipping away from reality… I quiet like this. I very much like this. The carefree feeling…I should do this again.

OKAY GUYS HELLO NOW I'D JUST LIKE TO SAY THAT THE WHOLE STORY ABOUT THE GRANDMA IS ACTUALLY TRUE I BASED IT ON MY NANA THAT DIED LAST YEAR (R.I.P) SO PLEASE DONT BE MEAN ABOUT IT. ANYWAY SCHOOL FINISHES ON FRIDAY BUT I DONT WANNA GO THE LAST DAY SO THAT MEANS I'M DITCHING SO I'LL BE ABLE TO UPDATE! SOONER

BYE SARANGHAE!