chapter 17

Enthral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan and Sehun walked home together as usual, however, Jongin decided to join them today, his arm around Sehun's shoulders. Luhan was walking behind the two since the sidewalk wasn't wide enough for 3 people to walk at the same time. The boy sighed to himself, sure, he was curious, super curious about the marks on Jongin's body but it wasn't like he could just ask about them so casually. From the classroom to the train station, Luhan did try to ignore it, but every now and then, his eyes and mind would linger back to the other's neck and collarbones. 

Again, he was in deep thought about his feelings when the sound of Jongin's laugh broke his train of thought. Luhan took a look around, he was too immersed in his thoughts that he hadn't realised that they were already at the station. 

"Hey Luhan, wanna go somewhere? I asked Sehun to come with me earlier since you weren't here but now that you're here, wanna tag along too?" Jongin grinned as they waited for the train. 

Luhan looked at Sehun, who was looking into the distance at nothing, then back at Jongin, or rather, Jongin's neck. "Uh, I... uh..." Luhan mumbled. "No, it's fine, you guys can go without me." He refused, he felt as if Jongin was only inviting him for the sake of being polite. 

Jongin pouted. "Are you sure? I wanted to introduce you to someone..." The older scratched his neck and apologised. "Well... I guess we separate here then." Jongin said, sadly, as the train Sehun and Luhan usually took arrived. "We're taking the next one." 

"Ah, alright... See you tomorrow then?" Luhan gave Jongin a little wave before turning to Sehun. 

He mouthed a ‘seeya’ before breaking the eye contact to get on the train. Jongin and Sehun stayed on the platform until the doors started to close before they started to walk off.

Which was weird because Luhan thought they were taking the next train but he shrugged and turned his back away from the door. As usual, since it was after school, the train was crowded, forcing him to stand until his stop near the apartment. It had been quite a long time since he walked home himself.

For the 4 months he’d known Sehun, they walked home together everyday (minus that one week they were avoiding each other). Sehun never seemed to really go out that much and Luhan stopped going out after school with Baekhyun and Yixing.

Luhan walked with his eyes on the floor, kicking a little stone along. He sighed. Being alone meant hearing his thoughts loud and clear of any distractions. Seeing the way Jongin always had an arm around Sehun made Luhan a little uneasy. It was what Sehun used to do to him. Now that the younger rarely ever did it to Luhan, he felt as if it was Sehun’s way of saying he had moved on.


 


Luhan was sad—no, borderline angry. For the 4 months they’d known each other, there was no mention of Jongin, or any other friends. Sehun rarely went out yet now Sehun was always out. It’s been 2 weeks since the last time they actually had a real conversation, even at school. Sure, Sehun was allowed to do whatever with his relationships, but at the end of the day, Sehun was his bestfriend before he was anyone else’s boyfriend.

He never really thought about the romantic feelings he may have had for the younger anymore. He was more focused on the fact that Sehun was practically avoiding him like the plague at this point, and he didn’t do it subtly.

Anytime Luhan would approach the younger at school, Sehun would just sort of, end the conversation with short, one worded replies. Luhan hadn't been over at Sehun’s apartment either, there was an odd atmosphere when he did so he just stopped coming.


It was a Friday when they didn’t speak to each other at all at school. Every time Sehun saw Luhan approach, he’d engage in conversation with someone else, or just leave the area. After school, Sehun disappeared from the classroom as soon as the bell rang, only for Luhan to spot him and Jongin walking together out the gate from the 2nd floor classroom window.

 

Again, Luhan made his way home alone. Baekhyun and Yixing had invited him to go the plaza to do whatever but Luhan declined. Today was the day he decided he would confront Sehun about whatever was happening between them.

He punched in his passcode to his own apartment and changed into something comfortable. His mum had left him food in the fridge since it was a day where she worked late. He reheated it and begrudgingly ate it in the empty apartment.

After his meal and left his apartment and stood in front of Sehun’s. Now that he thought about it, he wasn’t sure how Sehun could afford living by himself, he’d never asked. Perhaps he had rich parents, Luhan thought to himself before mentally slapping himself. Why was he thinking of such things when just a few seconds ago, he was about to pop off at the owner of the apartment he was in front of.


Luhan sighed and unlocked Sehun’s apartment, despite not asking if he could come over beforehand. Well, he usually didn’t, but with where their current relationship was, he thought that it might have been necessary. He opened the door, expecting to see a tired Sehun on the couch, or hear the sound of the shower, or the mus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter