chapter 16

Enthral
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan was the one to break their eye contact, turning away so that his back was facing Sehun again. The younger continued to touch Luhan's neck, the older allowing him to, since it surprisingly felt quite nice while Sehun began rambling on about how he tripped on a rock earlier on. After what seemed to be an endless rant about rocks, Sehun's fingers on Luhan's neck slowly stopped and his breathing had become slower and consistent. Luhan turned around to see Sehun with his eyes closed, though his fringe had covered most of it and his cheek still squished against his arm that stuck out from the couch.  Stretching upwards as he stood up, Luhan let out an airy "Goodnight," before leaving the apartment, not forgetting to turn off the lights on his way out, leaving Sehun to deal with his hangover by himself in the morning. 

Of course, normally he would have just stayed over at Sehun's, considering it was already past 1am when he left but he wanted to have some time to think to himself. After attempting to quietly go back into his own apartment, which obviously failed due to the loud sound of the door unlocking, him knocking over a shoe from the shoe rack, bumping into 2 different tables before accidentally closing his door a little to fast causing it to make a loud bang as if he slammed it; all because he decided that turning the lights on would somehow wake his mum who was sleeping with the door closed in her bedroom. He kept his hand on the door knob of his room for a few seconds, trying to hear if his mum woke up. He sighed after all he heard was silence. 

After he took off his shirt he just let himself fall back onto his bed, staring at the ceiling in the dark with his arms sprawled out, his legs off the bed. As his body sank into his blankets, feeling his body finally being able to relax after a long day, he closed his eyes briefly, his mind unwillingly wondering back to Jongin and Sehun's relationship. He scrunched his nose at the thought and quickly sat up, almost giving himself a head rush. As he got up and started to look for his shirt that he'd thrown somewhere earlier that day, his mind continued to bring up Jongin despite him trying not to. 

"What the ..." He mumbled to himself as he found his shirt. 

He changed into comfortable pants and put himself under the covers. No matter how hard he tried to fight off the thought of Sehun with Jongin, he couldn't. He tried to just sleep, think about nothing but all that did was make him think about it more. His hands made its way to his hair as he let out a frustrated sigh. Luhan wasn't sure of exactly why he was so bothered hearing about it. It's because he never told me, Luhan tried to convince himself, that's why its bothering me... He sighed into his blanket and stared at the ceiling again. Somewhere deep down, he knew that wasn't why he was so caught up on it. 

He had to admit, Sehun had become a big part of his life as his closest friend, there was no denying that, but Luhan told himself that that was it. Perhaps he was just afraid that Jongin would take away his best friend. During his whole crisis debate to himself, not once did he think that maybe he harboured any romantic feelings towards the younger, until he started thinking about what he liked about Sehun and why they were such good friends. Luhan thought about all the times Sehun had been there for Luhan, especially the time Sehun tutored him despite only knowing him for like a day or two. Luhan smiled to himself, thinking about all the qualities that Sehun possessed. 

That was when his mind went all weird on him, thinking about Sehun's quick pecks and touches. The way the younger's breath felt like against his ear when Sehun , or the way Sehun's fingers almost perfectly wrapped around his neck when he massaged it earlier. He thought about the few times they held hands whether it be just because the train was packed and Sehun insisted or because Sehun wanted to embarrass Luhan while they were walking to school. He didn't realise it then, but now that he was in his room, in the dark by himself, the way they connected, physically and mentally, felt just right. When he was with Sehun, he felt at peace, at home.

 

Luhan cursed to himself out loud when his train of thought went from the way Sehun's fingers fit with his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter