Chapter 15

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

Niunai was pouting all the way as Xiaotong went on and on about Kunda. Apparently he was jealous.

Meanwhile Shuwei, too, was interested in the newcomer. He had always been friendly and ready to make new friends.

Jiaxin, however, was not too pleased because she hated many people around her.

So, the four people each had their own reasons of liking and disliking that new student who brought about so much attention in the school. Things would get different...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiaxin shot up from her seat as soon as the ringing of the school bell reached her ears. Kunda turned, wanting to send her home but Jiaxin had already disappear into the crowd. Kunda too, shot up from his seat and tried to catch a glimpse of her while following closely...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuwei was there waiting again. Jiaxin's smile widened as she went forward. Kunda was curious and he continued to follow Jiaxin.

"2nd Young Master! Where are you going? The car is ready for..." Kunda's personal chaffeur quickly rushed to Kunda the minute he saw his 2nd young master.

Kunda silenced him with a hand signal. After commanding him to go home first, Kunda hurried to catch up with Jiaxin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a nice day with a pretty nice weather. Jiaxin pushed her hair behind her back as she pushed the wheelchair effortlessly. Shuwei was enjoying the cool breeze himself. What a nice scene on a pretty nice street.

"Jiaxin?" Shuwei asked.

"Hmm...?" Jiaxin did not stop the wheelchair.

"Can I have your number??" Came the straightforward question.

She stopped the wheelchair. "For what?"

Shuwei was a little taken aback at Jiaxin's reaction. Then Jiaxin's shock face turned serious. Jiaxin certainly did not want Shuwei to know about her background. She did not want him to know that she had a useless father and her mother and her had to face loansharks every now and then. She did not want Shuwei to learn about it and pity her. No. Sympathy was not what she needed. She needed real friendship.

"I mean, why do you need that for?"

"Oh... I was thinking it will be better if I have your contact number... so that I'll know whether you reach home safely."

Jiaxin wanted to refuse but she was touched. Indeed she was touched. No one had cared for her so much. Shuwei was asking for her number just to make sure she reached home safely! She could feel the hot tears in her eyes. Immediately she blinked them off.

"Alright..." She bent down to whisper in Shuwei's ears.

Shuwei beamed with delight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hidden in a dark corner, Kunda watched as Jiaxin bent down to whisper into Shuwei's ears. He was jealous! "What's so good about that handicapped? Yeah sure, he's good-looking but he's a handicapped!" Kunda started mumbling to himself until he realised that he lost track of them! Frantically he sqinted his eyes, hoping to see the shadows... but to no avail.

Just as he was blaming himself for not being careful enough, he heard a voice calling out to him.

"Kun... da? Your name is Kunda am I right?"

Kunda could not recognise the voice. Out of curiosity he turned around, only to see...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okie... okie... I shall not keep you in suspense... next chapter! (=

18/10/04