Chapter 8

~Hope* [completed]
Both Jiaxin and Shuwei wanted to send that little boy home and so the two of them, together with that boy in the middle strolled, holding hands together.

After sending the boy home, the two of them decided to go home together. [Since they went home by the same way]

Throughout the journey, Jiaxin was tailing behind Shuwei, she wanted to help push the wheelchair but was afraid to. She remained quiet as usual. Even though she could feel her heart beating at a fast pace as she continued to follow Shuwei.

Being a chatty person, Shuwei could not help but broke the silence.

"So what do you normally do? As in after school...? Or during the weekends?"

Jiaxin would not tell him that she had to work her part-time job at the fast food restaurant and reached home late, left with little time to sleep, nonetheless study. She would not reveal how she had to take up several more jobs during the weekends, just to earn enough money to provide for herself as well as her mother. It was just too embarrassing to say all those to her idol. Furthermore, she did not need any sympathy.

"Mmm... sometimes I go to the library or go out with.... friends."
She had to pause for a while before she lied that she had friends. Friends? She only had Xiaotong as her sister. She did not have any friend.

"Ooh..." Shuwei nodded his head as he looked intently at Jiaxin.

Jiaxin was definitely the first person he met that kept looking at the ground. He found her interesting, despite the fact that he found her obvious shyness quite irritating. Suddenly, he set himself a challenge, He was determined to help Jiaxin overcome her shyness.

Out of a sudden, Jiaxin gasped.
"Oh...!"

"Huh? What's wrong?"
Shuwei turned around.

but Jiaxin was blushing again.

He decided to turn back so that Jiaxin would feel more comfortable.

"I... just wanna thank you for helping me today..." The voice was timid but loud enough for Shuwei to hear clearly.

Shuwei smiled widely.

He turned around again and held out his hand, "Let's be friends."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haven't been posting for some time. Had been busy. Decided to take this free time to post an entry... =]