Chapter 10

~Hope* [completed]
The Next Day
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ring..." The bell rang.

It was recess time. Students dashed out of the classrooms, escaping from the cages that jailed them for the past few hours. Each one has his/her own interests. Some went to grab a bite while trying to smuggle some food to eat in class later while some went off to play with their friends.

Jiaxin packed her things before heading out of the classroom. She is just a tidy person who loves to see her table neat and sparkling clean.
Just then Xiaotong came and the both of them went off for their recess as usual.

As usual, they would pass by the basketball court to catch a glimpse of Shuwei.

Little people would believe that a person in wheelchair could play basketball well, even better than some who are able-bodied. Yet everyone would believe if they see Shuwei.

Sometimes during recess Shuwei would play with his friends at the basketball court. He used to be the center of attention because of the bulky chair attached to him. Now he is still the center of attention but because of his perfect shooting.

No doubt he could not do a "slam dunk" but he could easily score 3 points with just a flick.

Jiaxin liked to watch the exciting match at a corner, of course with Xiaotong beside her, trying to catch Shuwei's attention.

She strongly trusted her own taste and foresight. She could almost predict that Jiaxin and Shuwei would get together and she was determined to be the matchmaker.

"Hooray!" The match was over. The results were obvious. Of course Shuwei's team won. Shuwei beamed as he did a hi-5 with his teammates. Perspiration beads glistened under the hot sun. He looked like any healthy athlete.

Then he turned around at the angle just enough for him to spot Jiaxin, that shy girl. He was surprised that Jiaxin was there all the while, watching him. A shade of redness crept up to his face but nobody noticed it because they all thought that the redness was only due to the exercising.

He wheeled himself towards Jiaxin and smiled at her gleefully.

"You were here."

Jiaxin nodded gently.

"Hehe... not bad huh?"

Xiaotong cut in with a "Thick face" and all of them laughed.

They planned to eat but it seemed that the bell was gonig to ring again. So they went back to their class. Xiaotong was walking briskly in front, leaving the other two at the back.

Jiaxin helped push the wheelchair. She was happy that Shuwei won once again and that Shuwei actually found her at that unnoticable corner. She felt happier when she recalled the scene yesterday when Shuwei asked to be her friend.

Suddenly Shuwei popped a question, "Shall we go home together today?"

Now, Jiaxin did not reject his offer but agreed instantly.

The friendship had blossomed...

On the other hand, Xiaotong was obsessed with ideas of how to create "coincident" incidents for Shuwei and Jiaxin. She did not know of the genuine friendship of the couple she tried all means to match...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wahahahaha... so long neva update liao... decides to write one entry today... gonna have exams soon... so won't be able to update that often... mmm... hope you all are not tired of this story... haha... =)