Chapter 20

~Hope* [completed]
[Kunda]

He sat in front of the television set, fiddling with the remote control. He could not concentrate on the programmes shown. All he could think of was the brillant smile on Jiaxin's face. If only he could make her smile like that everyday...

"Hey Kunda!"

He saw his elder brother grinning at him happily. It was a rare sight. His brother had not smiled to him for a long time.

"Hey Kunda. You like Qin Jiaxin don't you?"

Kunda jumped up from his seat.

"How on earth do you know jiaxin?"

"Well, with money, of course I can. Anyway, i've checked out for you. She likes you too."

Kunda blushed. She really liked... ... ... me? But he quickly brushed his thoughts away.

"Don't kid with me brother. She likes someone else. I knew it. I saw it myself."

Kunsheng was stunned. What? A barrier?

It was considered as a childish idea for a mature man like him. Kunsheng planned to match Kunda and Jiaxin that poor girl together so as to anger his aging father. Obviously his father would be super mad when he knew that his precious son was going out with a girl of no status. It was the family tradition that the members had to marry to another person of the same status.

Qin Jiaxin... she was just a poor little girl burdened with a mother to take care of and many loansharks coming after her.

Just the perfect girl to piss his father off.

Of course, Kunsheng would not give up a single chance to get rid of that irritating brother of his.

Soon, he would get what he want. After the old man (their father) got mad and decided to make his eldest son the chairman. Soon. Soon after he gotten rid of the obstacle Kunda mentioned earlier...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day...

[Shuwei]

Shuwei sat on his wheelchair and did his homework. He was dismissed earlier but because he wanted to wait for Jiaxin, he decided to spend the time on doing homework.

He started to recall the day before when Jiaxin showed him the beautiful picture Kunda had drawn. Kunda had shown so clearly that he liked Jiaxin. And Jiaxin seemed love the picture... was that only appreciation?

He sighed and looked at his legs. If only he had that pair of healthy legs, he would not think twice about wooing Jiaxin.

Suddenly he felt a shadow over his head. A stranger faced him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Jiaxin]

Jiaxin strolled out of the classroom, feeling bad. She had pointed out to Kunda that she wanted to be friends with him only. She did nto even dare to lift up her head because she was afraid to see Kunda's disappointed face. Although Kunda had said alright, she knew Kunda was depressed. She could feel it.

She leaned against the gate as she waited for Shuwei. Perhaps he could cheer her up with the funny jokes he always cracked during the journey home.

She placed her hand over her head to shield herself from the burning sun shining directly on her. From far away, she could see Shuwei coming slowly towards her.

However, Shuwei was not smiling as happily as before, even though he still waved warmly to her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.25pm

(=