Chapter 17

~Hope* [completed]
[Kunda]

Kunda went home feeling pleasant. It was a good start for him. He could feel true sincerity from Shuwei. It was totally unlike the bees hovering around him. They were just after his money. He knew it. It had happened all the time.

Numerous girlfriends but all they needed was a supplementary card from him to shop and shop, never ending. They never loved him. Or maybe they did. Just that they loved his money more.
Numerous friends but all they wanted was status. Standing beside him must have been so great. You get to eat in posh restaurants without having to pay for the expensive meals. There is always this 2nd young master from the Xie Shi Holdings to flash his credit card. Zoom! You have all the shark fins and abalone in your stomach -- all free.

Kunda learnt his lessons. He felt cheated everytime his so called friends tricked him into paying the bills. Kunda had thought it was his duty as a friend to do so. He was too naive. He thought that was called friendship until one day he accidentally discovered the dark secret...

Kunda sighed as he remembered that very day...

The cheerful boy skated to meet his friends. He could view them discussing something from far away. Then he decided to play a prank on his "best pals" by scaring them. He camouflaged himself in the bush and intended to jump out and frighten the cowardly friends he had known for years.
Just then he heard something which made him change his mind.

"Where's that Xie master? He's late for half an hour again!"

"This is okay. Remember last time he made us wait under the hot sun for 2 hours?"

"He's just so arrogant. Who did he think he is? I've had enough of this! Why do we have to give way to him everytime? This is so irritating!"

"Yeah! He thinks he owns the world! And we all have to succumb to him just because he is the richest among us? What bull! Sometimes looking at him makes me wanna puke!"

"Bear with it! I mean, isn't it good to have everything paid by him?"

"But... "

Before the "friend" could continue, he was interuppted by a noise coming from the bush. Kunda stood up, slowly, glaring at the bunch of people. Everyone was shocked. Kunda ran away with all his might.

He even thought he heard one of them said, "Childish! Still playing this kind of stupid game at this age!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunda sighed again.

He never expected that.

It was... horrible for him.

However he did not give up the hope of finding a true friend. That was just his character. He would never give up if it was not the end.

Now he was glad that he did not lose hope.

Shuwei was his hope.

. . . . . . . . . . .

Jiaxin too.

"2nd Young Master. Your lunch is ready. Would you like it here or the dinner room?"

"I'll have it in the dinner room."

Kunda changed into a new set of clothes and headed to the dinner room, anticipating the next day to come.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kunda's page here... eh... nth much to say... except that i'm getting abit tired after all the typing... haha.

18/10/04
9.35PM