Chapter 2

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

"Return the bag to her."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HongDe turned around, curious to see who was the hero who dared to command him.

A black-haired guy stared at him sternly. HongDe could see the firm determination through that guy's glasses. Immediately HongDe spotted the wheelchair and recognised him. He was the smartest student in his school--Zhang Shuwei.

Hongde used to look down on him, always saying that Shuwei was a handicap who only knew how to study. Yet, deep inside his heart, he knew that he was only jealous of him because he could never score as high as Shuwei, nor could he befriend as many people as Shuwei.

Hongde was surprised, yet angry.
"This will teach him a lesson." He smiled to himself as he thought of an evil plan.

"Do you really want me to return this bag to her?"

"Then you will have to get it from me!"

He started to run with the bag in his hands. Shuwei wheeled himself as quickly as he could and soon caught up with Hongde. Hongde began to run faster. He would not admit defeat to a bookworm.

Just as Shuwei was about to snatch the bag, his wheelchair tripped over a stone and he fell down with a thud. Hongde and his gang burst out laughing, mocking at the mud-stained Shuwei.
"Give me the bag..." Shuwei continued his request as he stretched his hand.

Hongde looked at him for a moment before dumping the bag on the ground and walked off.

[Hongde]
"Lao Da, why did you let him off?" One of his gang oculd not understand why Hongde had not continue to bully Shuwei, like he used to with some other people.
Hongde smacked that person's head and asked him to shut up. He himself too, did not know why he had let them off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, back to Jiaxin...

Jiaxin saw everything. She saw how Shuwei tried to get back her bag and how he fell down. All the while she was frozen. She stood rooted to the ground. Even when Shuwei fell down, she wanted to help him up but she could not because she was too scared to move.
Shuwei helped himself up onto the wheelchair and passed the bag to Jiaxin, smiling at her.

"Don't be frightened by them. Remember to defend yourself next time they approach you." He said as he cleaned himself and went off.

Jiaxin took the bag and bowed her head down again. She was grateful to Shuwei, the guy she had admired since she entered that school. She hated herself... Because she realised that she did not even say a "thank you" to him.

Cursing herself, Jiaxin also continued her journey to school.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hah, finally the second chapter is out! haha...