Chapter 7

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

[Jiaxin]

Stupid Jiaxin! What a coward! You have met him the second time and you didn't even grab the opportunity to thank him! Why am I so useless? I can't even say a "thank you" to him! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Jiaxin thought as she stumped her way home. Just as she was about to arrive at home, she heard a loud yell nearby... Being a coward, she wanted to dash back home but curiosity had led her to check out the yell...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Shuwei]

Shuwei whistled as he went home. He saw an adorable little boy playing with a ball by himself. He smiled and wanted to continue his journey when he heard a loud yell. Shocked, he spun around...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh....................."

"Siam!"

*Piang*

The little boy crashed with a bright orange bicycle.

"I... ah... why didn't you run away?" Hongde was heaving as he picked up his bicycle and scolded the little boy.

Jiaxin, upon seeing the little boy who was knocked down by Hongde, quickly rushed to help.

Shuwei, on the other hand, froze and remained on the spot...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Flashback]

"Come to me!" The mother smiled radiantly as she stretched out her hands. The little boy widened his smile and stumbled his way to hug his mother.

Just then, the mother saw a speeding car nearing her precious son. She screamed and tried to push him away but she was too late.

The little boy turned and looked at the car with his innocent eyes. Soon, the innocent eyes were closed.

"No...............................................! Shuwei! No!"

He would never forget the scene in the hospital. He would never forget how his parents cried and how the doctor shaked his head, explaining that it was hopeless.

The five year old boy could only feel numbness in his legs. He had not known that he could never stand up and walk like a normal person again...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuwei stared blankly at the sky for a moment before glaring at Hongde.

"YOU ARE THE ONE WHO KNOCKED DOWN HIM! AND YOU WANT HIM TO SAY SORRY TO YOU?" His eyes bore into Hongde's.

Both Hongde and Jiaxin were shocked by the sudden anger from Shuwei. They had never seen Shuwei so angry before. Hongde was convinced for a second that Shuwei was going to strike him if he remained standing there.

But Hongde was a person of great pride. He would not admit that he was at fault. Taking a deep breath, he argued back, "What? It's only a bicycle... and do you know how expensive my bicycle cost?". However, before Shuwei could boom at him again, he had fled down the street, with his expensive bicycle.

Shuwei was surprised by himself.
He turned to the little boy, only to see Jiaxin patiently coaxing that boy while trying to clean off the blood stains with her handkerchief. He realised that he was actually impressed by Jiaxin's skills at coaxing children as well as her knid heart.

Jiaxin noticed Shuwei and smiled at him. It was a soft curl at her lips but it was... it was a genuine smile that came from the bottom of her heart. And a smile that made his heart fluttered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abit disgusted by my words... hehe... =P