Chapter 24

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

Dramatic scene.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Jiaxin]

Jiaxin ran with all her might. She did not even stop to tie her shoelaces which might trip her over anytime. She could feel energy inside her, pushing her to the destination.

It was just a few kilometres away. She heard the running footsteps behind her. The loanshark had sent his men to chase after her.

Just a few more steps. She reminded herself. Once she got into the school, she would be safe.

But luck was not on her side. A long-legged guy had increased his speed and blocked Jiaxin.

Jiaxin gulped as she glared at that guy, hopig to scare him away. Unfortunately she was not fierce enough. She was still a little lamb trying to escape from the farm.

Just as the hooligan tried to carry her, a stone went flying and hit his head.

"What the heck..." The guy soothed his head and turned.

Hongde. He tossed the stone up and down in a cool posture.

"Go Jiaxin." A short one. But it took Hongde much practice to say it in a cool way.

Jiaxin smiled and thanked him silently. Then she ran into the school. Leaving Hongde and the hooligans behind.

The guy whom Hongde shot appeared to be very angry. Hongde looked at the bunch of angry tigers and made the right choice. Without hestitation, he turned and ran off in a huff.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jiaxin stopped running when she saw Shuwei playing basketball all by his own.

He aimed at the net but it did not get in. Instead it bounced off to Jiaxin, who caught it in her hands.

"..." Shuwei was speechless. He did not know what to do.

"Shuwei. Shuwei don't listen to Kunsheng! He was out to harm Kunda by making me his girlfriend. It's a long story... I don't know how to explain that... anyway... I just want to tell you that... that... I like you."

...

Silence was the reply.

Jiaxin paused for a long time. Then she shouted out to Shuwei, "I just wanna tell you that.. you are my hope. You are the one who made me brave. Thank you for everything."

Then she ran off. Shuwei thought he saw her crying as she ran off.

[Shuwei]

He blinked off the tears in his eyes and wheeled himself in the direction opposite Jiaxin.

Hope? He was her hope? Really?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay tuned~

19.11.04

11.20 PM

-yiNghAn-