Chapter 25

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

Silence was the reply.

Jiaxin paused for a long time. Then she shouted out to Shuwei, "I just wanna tell you that.. you are my hope. You are the one who made me brave. Thank you for everything."

Then she ran off. Shuwei thought he saw her crying as she ran off.

[Shuwei]

He blinked off the tears in his eyes and wheeled himself in the direction opposite Jiaxin.

Hope? He was her hope? Really?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed...

[Jiaxin]

"Repeat after me : When tomorrow comes..." The english teacher bored the whole class once again.

"Nice??" Kunda lifted his work and showed to Jiaxin who was not listening to the teacher either.

Jiaxin nodded her head. Kunda was just a talent in drawing. No matter portrait or comic, he could just draw like a professional artist. Once in a while when he was in good mood, he would draw some really pretty drawings and show to Jiaxin for comments.

Jiaxin smiled. It felt good chatting with the lively Kunda again. Everything seemed to be back to normal. Rather, everything had actually gone better for Jiaxin.

No more loanshark chasing after she and her mother, after Kunda had helped them clear off their debt, without any repay.
No more bullies waiting for her early in the morning, after Hongde decided to treat her as a friend. He even officially announced to his useless bunch of boys that he would beat up anyone who tried to harm Jiaxin. And Jiaxin was grateful of that too.
No more weird stares from the schoolmates, after Jiaxin had finally opened up and decided to make more new friends. Though so, Xiaotong remained as her best friend.
No more...

No more Shuwei, after that incident.

No wonder Jiaxin felt empty somehow. Walking home without Shuwei made her feel lonely. Apparently Shuwei had not accept her. Yet she was not discouraged. She continued to go to their secret place, hoping to see him there, smiling at her like before.

That day was no different. She would make a trip specially to the secret place.

But what she did not expect was that the one she had been waiting for--- was there.

Shuwei.

He smiled.

Her wish came true afterall!

"I'm really very sorry about that day and the following days. I was really confused... and I didn't know what to do... I thought leaving you was the best choice because... I am a burden... but I couldn't stop thinking of you. It's kinda embarrassing to say... but... but... I like you too. And that... you are my hope."

Jiaxin did not speak. All she did was to run forward and hug her 'hope'.

"Jiaxin, you don't mind me, this burden?? Seriously?" He just had to confrim one more time.

"I do mind. That's why you have to repay me~ ... by smiling at me everyday and cracking the cold jokes you always do..."

And so, the couple finally reunited in a heavenly scene. Perhaps not the most romantic but definitely touching.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Kunda]

Upon hearing the news that Jiaxin and Shuwei finally got together, Kunda was happy. And he was truly happy for them, even though that means he lost his princess in his heart.

That day, he went home in his lovely car as usual and was listening to a song named "Hey you". Just as he was moving along with the song, he realised that the car was moving with him as well.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" The driver's screams was so piercing that Kunda just had to take off his earphones to see what happened.

From far, he could see a girl in unifrom climbing up from the ground. Worried, he got down the car and went forward...

"Miss, are you okay? Do you want me to send you to the hospital??"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope the ending is okie?? haha... (=

21.11.04

5.22 PM

-yiNghAn-