Chapter 11

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

On the other hand, Xiaotong was obsessed with ideas of how to create "coincident" incidents for Shuwei and Jiaxin. She did not know of the genuine friendship of the couple she tried all means to match...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school...

Jiaxin hurried to the school gate as soon as the bell rang. She could not believe how fast her heart pounded and she could not believe that she was actually yearning to go home. That was totally unlike her usual self... or maybe it had always been there... just that she did not discover it...

Soon she arrived at her destination. Shuwei was already there, smiling and waving gleefully at her. She smiled back and walked to him. Then, as if she had done that for a long time, Jiaxin automatically pushed the wheelchair as she passed by many students, looking at them with weird glances. It was as if they were invisible. She completely ignored the whispers and fingers pointing to them. Everything was unimportant suddenly.

The evening sun shone gently on the two youths in happiness, casting two lean shadows as Jiaxin pushed the wheelchair slowly...

Then Shuwei stopped her.

"Do you want to view a spectacular scenery?"

Jiaxin tilted her head, wondering what 'spectacular scene' Shuwei was talking about.

Shuwei repeated his question and Jiaxin had no reason to reject. She just wanted to spend more time with her new friend.
So, Shuwei did the instructions while Jiaxin turned different direcions... and finally reached the place.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oh my god! It's so beautiful!" Jiaxin could not help but exclaimed at the awesome sight in front of her. She faced Shuwei, wanting to ask how on earth did he know this place. Even before she opened to ask, Shuwei had answered her question.

"I've found this place when I left home one day. At that time I was still a hot-tempered person. I still couldn't accept the fact that I was a handicapped. I was angry. Angry with myself. Angry with myself for not being strong enough to overcome this obstacle. Whenever I saw others playing happily and running around the field... with two perfect legs, I would look at my own legs and cried. . . "

He paused for a moment to stare at his legs. His eyes went red but he forced the tears back and continued after breathing in deeply.

"You know, a guy shouldn't cry but I could not stop the tears from flowing out. I did not want my family to see me in that pathetic state. So one day, I decided to leave home. I knew I was a burden to them... and I didn't want it. To tell you truthfully, I was even prepared to end my life in my depression..."

Jiaxin did not breathe out a word. She remained staring at Shuwei with her astonished big eyes.

"... until I reached this place. The sun was so magnificent! Yet so gentle. It seemed to comfort me with the soft rays... and somehow I managed to sort out my thoughts."

For a long time, the both of them was silent as they viewed the sun.

"Cool huh? I just want to share with you my discovery... but ended up telling you my story... Sorry if I bore you... hehheh..." Shuwei scratched his head and laughed, embarrassed.

Jiaxin shook her head.

"No. You did not bore me... I am more than happy that you are sharing with me this beautiful scenery, as well as your story.... but everything is alright now. You should remain this positive attitude you have now and go on with your life. There are many things ahead in store for you. There are many more beautiful things in this world. And... and you have lots of friends caring for you... including me."

They smiled at the same time and took a last look at the sun which was now setting aside for the night fall.

It was a secret between them, and only them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooh! exams over! going to post one chapter now! later after my lunch i shall post another one! (=