Chapter 23

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

Shuwei part.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Jiaxin]

Days passed and Jiaxin continued to go home without Shuwei. Even though she tried to wait for Shuwei at the school gate, she did not catch any sight of Shuwei. Even in school, Shuwei had avoided her gazes many times. It was almost impossible for Jiaxin to go forward to ask him what exactly happened.

Another strange phenomenon occurred. Kunda had not been talking to her much. Lessons were so much quiet without the normal whisperings that Kunda used to say to her.

She could not understand why the two of them were acting like that but she could not care longer. She had her own business to attend to.

The stupid loanshark went to her house again.

And Kunsheng was there as well.

"Mr. Xie, please do not force me." Jiaxin's voice was soft but firm.

"You'll have to pay this sum of money all by yourself you know? ... Damnit," Kunsheng spat. For a moment Jiaxin was disgusted to see a gentleman like him spitting and speaking vulgar words. "Did that handicapped tell you everything?"

Handicapped? Tell her everything? Tell her what?!

Jiaxin began to know why Shuwei was treating her so coldly. So... that idiot had asked Shuwei to do so.

A weird anger rose in her. She was fuming mad. Not even her mother had seen her like that before.

"You insulted Shuwei didn't you? You made him avoid me didn't you?" She screamed her lungs out.

"Come on, little girl. This is not the time for you to be childish. You are hurting Kunda's feelings don't you know that?"
Kunsheng was getting frustrated at that stubborn girl.

"Well, perhaps so. But I think I know my feelings better than you do, brother."
Kunda suddenly came from a corner and spoke.

Kunsheng stared blankly at Kunda, who in turn glared at him.

"You are scheming. I can't believe you did all this just for that mere position. You can be the chairman for all you want! I don't care a bit! But you... you've used this cheap method to harm your own younger brother! You've... disappointed me... "Kunda shook his head solemnly.

Then, he turned to Jiaxin and said, "Shuwei's in school now. Quick! Go tell him that you love him!"

Jiaxin stood rotted to the ground, amused by the scene in front of her. It was too dramatic all of a sudden. She froze there until her mother nudged her and encouraged her, "Go for it my dear. Fight for you happiness. I'll be happy if you are." Jiaxin saw her mother smiling at her.

Something inside her pushed her forward and she fled down the stairs, dashing to the school...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hope you understand what i typed... :P.

19.11.04

10.35 PM