Chapter 5

~Hope* [completed]
Previously...

It was on Jiaxin lah...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Shuwei]

"Ring..." One day was over. Shuwei packed his things and headed towards the exit when he saw a figure standing outside the door.

Hongde.

It seemed that Hongde was waiting for him. Hongde opened his mouth. He was about to say something when Niunai popped his head in. Hongde looked at Shuwei with the same expression as the one in the morning. He left hastily, leaving a puzzled Shuwei staring at his back.

Shuwei did not know what Hongde was going to say but he thought it might be "Beware" or something. And Hongde should have left because Niunai was there. Niunai was the president of the student welfare. He could easily report Hongde to the teacher if Hongde were to start any trouble.

Niunai showed his bunny teeth as he joyfully asked Shuwei if he would like to have lunch with him and Xiaotong ( xiaotong is niunai's girlfriend ). Shuwei was reluctant to become a goosebulb at first but eventually agreed when Niunai pouted and said that he wanted to bring a friend along as Xiaotong was going to bring her friend too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Jiaxin]

"Jiaxin?"

Xiaotong went to Jiaxin's class as soon as the bell rang. Xiaotong was probably the only one whom Jiaxin was able to chat with. Xiaotong was different from others. Jiaxin liked Xiaotong at the first sight. Furthermore, Xiaotong was the only person who did not give up making friends with Jiaxin.

Xiaotong, on the other hand, felt that Jiaxin had a tinge of mystery around her and Xiaotong was determined to discover the secret behind that girl.

"Jiaxin, care to have lunch with me and Niunai?" Xiaotong asked excitedly.

"Um... I dun wanna be stuck between two of you... and..." Xiaotong shaked her head slowly as she cut in, "Nah... I've asked him to bring along his friend(s) too... "

Jiaxin sighed. She could never win Xiaotong.
Packing her bag, she set off with Xiaotong for lunch, hoping that the friend Niunai brought along would not feel disgusted by her silence.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shuwei fiddled with his wallet as he waited for Xiaotong and his friend. He seriously hoped that it was not another trick from Niunai to introduce a girl for him. There was one time when Niunai had actually tricked Shuwei into going for a date with a girl. He knew Niunai was trying to help him but he did not want to become anyone's burden.

"Isn't it better to be single? You won't be tied down by people..." He always said that to Niunai.

Yet whenever he saw the perfect couple, Niunai & Xiaotong happily together, he would have a sudden urge to be like Niunai, having a girlfriend who truly loved him...

But then again, it was impossible.

Niunai was a perfect guy. He was good in everything. And what about himself? A handicap who cannot even walk. He could never live the same way as Niunai did. Rather, he would not want to live the same way as Niunai did.

"What are you thinking of?" Niunai patted his shoulders.
"Oh, nothing."

"So sorry! We'r late..."The sweet voice of Xiaotong was heard as Shuwei saw her hurrying towards them.

"Sorry..." A tiny muffled voice came out from behind Xiaotong, followed by a girl stepping out with a shy smile.

But as soon as she saw Shuwei, immediately she hid behind Xiaotong.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Boo! Chapter 5 is finally done... hai... the relationships among these 4 pple r like this : Niunai's Shuwei's senior and Xiaotong's Jiaxin's senior... and they r v. close juniors and seniors. and Niunai & Xiaotong's a couple, so Shuwei and Jiaxin are somehow linked... it's okie if u dun understand what i mean. kinda crappy now... hope ya enjoy the story so far...
(=
-yiNghAn-