Lee Jinki

Lucky to have you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LEE JINKI

 

[A/N: I know it's been like a decade since I updated last. So, I'm soully beeging your pardon *bowing on ma knees*. Please forgive me. Life has been harder ever since I entered into University this year. I'm trying to get on the track recently again. Please support me.

And the most part of this chapter might feel like an extra to some of you. But it's needed for the story developement. Please get along with it. You'll get to more about Jinki as you might've already figured by the title. I'm almost at the . Thank you and my heartiest apologies again.

Please enjoy.]

 

 

 

“Jiyeon, listen to me.” Mr. Choi addressed his wife as she kept tidying her clothes in a bag not giving a care to whatever her husband was trying to say.

“Jiyeon, what’re you doing? At least let me explain!” Mr. Choi said this time catching his wife’s wrist who sharply turned around facing him.

“Choi Jungsoo, you listen to me carefully. I’ve had enough of you. Now let me go and breath, will you?” Jiyeon said looking right into Jungsoo, her husband’s eyes.

She tried to make herself sound furious but instead she sounded more like desperate.

“Jiyeon!” Jungsoo exclaimed.

“Yes! I really have had enough of you. We loved each other, didn’t we Jungsoo?” Jiyeon asked while chaining up her bag.

“I still do love you, Jiyeon.” Jungsoo replied desperately which made Jiyeon look at him. 

“You do?” She asked her voice breaking in the end.

“Yes!. Yes, I do.”

“Then, what does you having a child with someone else make you, Jungsoo?”

Jungsoo looked away. He didn’t try to even look at his wife. He kept his gaze downwards refusing to answer her.

Jiyeon chuckled feeling bittered.

“And you don’t even look at me now. I believe you won’t try to stop me if I get out of this house now. Say, Jungsoo. Have you ever regretted having Jinki behind my back?” She said.

“Say, Jungsoo!!” She said again raising her voice.

“No.”

Jiyeon couldn’t believe what she heard. For a moment she thought she could get over with everything for then and stay as Jungsoo was asking but that was it. Her husband whom she had loved so much didn’t even regret having Jinki behind her back! She felt her legs giving out as she fell on the tiled floor of her bedroom. She felt the thirst of water stinging as she glared at her lap with wide eyes.

“You..” Trying to gulp down the big lump stuck in , she said. "You don’t even regret having Jinki behind my back but you’re asking me to stay saying you love me. How can you be so cruel in heart?!” The words came out in a whispering tone. Jiyeon looked up at Jungsoo who stood still at a side with his head hung low.

“How, Jungsoo-ah?” She asked again gulping back her desperate sobs.

"I never regretted and still don’t regret having Jinki.” Jungsoo spoke firmly. This broke Jiyeon up as she started sobbing. Jungsoo stood at his spot.

"I don’t regret. Because, he’s the precious miracle that happened because of my and Seyeong’s love.”

The name ‘Seyeong’ clicked into her head and she stopped sobbing.

"Lee Seyeong.” She whispered to herself.

"Yes.” Jungsoo said.

”Seyeong is Jinki’s birth mother.”

Jiyeon slowly stood up and flopped down onto their shared bed wiping her tears; her gaze remaining downwards.

"C-can you tell me the story behind it?” She asked.
Jungsoo sat on the bed beside his wife.

"Jiyeonah, I can’t be thankful enough to you for providing me love and showing the meaning to live in this cruel world once again when I was broken to the core. You’re my savior. You patched up my broken heart and taught me to love once again. But I can never regret having Jinki because I didn’t have him behind your back. It...It was cruel....so cruel! I was preparing to take over the business and she had yet to graduate. But still, we started dreaming of a house of our own living a happy life with our little one. But- "

Jungsoo stopped and took a deep breath.

"But, what?” Jiyeon asked intently listening to the story she never asked to listen before.

“But, she couldn’t make it with Jinki. That poor boy of mine didn’t even get to see his mother. And I? You know what happened to me. I broke down. I wasn’t capable of looking after my own son. So, my younger brother and his wife took Jinki in their custody. I didn’t care. I was too busy mourning over Seyeong’s death. I didn’t even care about my own son.” Jungsoo said panting as his heart started aching so much from guilt; the feeling of those days coming alive like a freshly formed wound.

“Jungsoo.” Jiyeon whispered failing to imagine what kind of pain her husband must’ve gone through. Slowly she could make a clear picture of what happened at that time.

She knew Seyeong. Jiyeon and Jungsoo had gone to the same university. She had loved Jungsoo from when they were freshmen but he was already madly in love with Seyeong who was younger than them for 2 years and was equally in deep love with him. Not being able to see the miserable end of her first true love, she left Seoul so that she doesn’t become a wall between the lovebirds and could bring some peace to her mind by forgetting him too.

Afterwards when she saw Jungsoo again that was after six years. She was very surprised. He wasn’t as cheerful as she remembered him to be and most importantly he wasn’t with Seyeong. He talked less and acted like a machine. She didn't know what happened to them or where Seyeong was. She could care less.

Jiyeon, failing to watch Jungsoo walking in an eggshell all the time, decided to be selfish for that one time in her life not caring if Jungsoo was in love with anybody else and surprisingly enough, eventually they were a married couple. Now that she heard about exactly what happened to Jungsoo and Seyeong, she felt anger on herself.
She didn’t want to burden Jungsoo by asking about his past but on the other hand she........should've done that.
She should've done that not so that she could know about Jinki. She should’ve done that so that they wouldn’t have had to be thrown in that complexity. She could’ve figured something out because even if she got to know about Jinki, she would’ve loved him in the same way she already did. Her love for Jungsoo wasn't so cheap.

"I’m sorry.” She whispered.

Jungsoo looked at her surprised. He grabbed her hand shaking his head.

“Don’t apologize. I’m the one who should apologize instead. I took advantage of your love and kindness to get rid of my agony.” He said looking down.
Jiyeon reached out her hand and caressed her husband’s cheeks. Jungsoo looked up at her leaning in her touch. She smiled.

“You eventually fell in love with me though, didn’t you?”

"I did. I learnt to love again. And I’m glad it’s you.” Jungsoo answered immediately.

“Then you didn’t take advantage. You just did me a favor cause I was too tired of loving you from a far. Besides if you talk about taking advantage then it was me taking advantage of your broken heart. So, we're even actually. And then again I couldn’t even give you a child.” Jiyeon said sighing heavily.
Jungsoo embraced her lovingly.

“Don’t say that. You've done so much for me. I could damn care anything else. And then we have our Minho." Jungsoo said.

Jiyeon chuckled. -"Now we have Jinki too." She said.

Jungsoo hummed as a reply. 

"Now, you're not angry at me anymore, right?" Jiyeon asked again.

"That's supposed to be my line" Jungsoo complained and they both laughed. 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"So, we're staying here today." Joon stated in a questioning manner to which Jinki hummed while preparing the bed to sleep.

"You could go back to your house you know?" He said making Joon gasp.

" What're you talking about? How can I leave you in such a time?! I couldn't probably leave my Jinki here to cry alone while I sleep in my lone bed miserably lonely!!" The dancer said dramaticaly falling on the bed Jinki just made.

"Hey! Stop being so dramatic! And it's not Your Jinki. You're just talking about you being miserable for not being able to sleep without me. When did I even cry?!" Jinki said scolding Joon and pushing him out of the bed. -"I just arranged it to sleep and you ruined it!" He complained patting the bed.

'Come on! Of course it's my Jinki. And the bed's gonna be ruined cause we're about to sleep here anyway. Should I explain to you now, why it's gonna be ruined when it's the two of us sleeping on the same bed?" Joon said with a smirk on his face.

Jinki stared at the dancer as everything proceeded into his head clearly.

And when it did- "Yah! You ert! Get out of my room right now. You'll be sleeping on the couch downstrais. Get out!!" He screamed.

After good ten minutes of apologizing and convincing, Jood was allowed to sleep with him with a pillow in the middle.

He looked at Jinki's back in the dark turning to his side. It's been a while he has been lying with the light turned off. So many things are going on in his head. he wondered if Jinki is already asleep. He seemed so quiet. He could also listen to his calm breathing. His breathing was supposed to be fast if he was asleep, right?- Joon thought. He must be still awake then or....may be not. He didn't know for sure. He closed his eyes and sighed listening to the other's breathing. What would it be like if  he could listen to Jinki's breathing quietly everyday night like this? Joon opened his eyes smiling as he stared at Jinki's back. It would be nice. So nice that he could faint

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter