Twist

Lucky to have you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWIST

 

Mrs. Choi sobbed into her hands as she curled herself on the bed leaning on the head board. She couldn't believe what she had to hear earlier when Jonghyun brought jinki home. It kept playing in her head like a mini movie. She felt like going crazy.

 

**§**

Mrs. Choi happily walked to the door as Jonghyun walked in followed by Jinki and another guy she couldn't recognize.

"Hello! Good day, Mrs. Choi!" Jonghyun greeted brightly.

"Indeed a good day it is, son." She replied happily to Jonghyun as she grabbed Jinki by hand and led him to the couch.

"Well, that's not fair. Aren't we allowed to sit, M'am?" jonghyun jocked.

"Make yourself home, dear. Just let me have my time with this son of mine." Mrs. choi replied as she made jinki sit on the couch infront of her.

She looked at Jinki from head to toe searching for any damage. Worry evident in her eyes.

"It almost feels like a worried mother's gaze." Jinki commented.

She smiled looking into his eyes. -"Aren't I a mother of you, Jinki?"

"You are?" Jinki asked back which surprised Mrs. Choi. Jinki wasn't smiling. Now that she looked back at the fact, Jinki hadn't smiled for once since he had come. And with no doubt, she felt something was off. Jinki was a kid whom she had known as someone who smiles constantly whithout being tired for a little bit.

She took Jinki's hand in her looking at him with worried eyes. -"What's wrong, son? Where were you all these time? "

"Does it concern you?" He asked back again looking away from her.

"Concern me? Do you have any idea how worried I was? No...it's 'we'. We all were so worried Jinki. All of a sudden you disappeared leaving a single note. How could you think you going away would be better for all of us in any way?! I can't imagine how your parents would've reacted to the news of your sudden disappearence. It was hard hiding it from your parents, you know?" Mrs. choi explained.

At this point Jinki looked at her and bowed. -"I'm really thankful for everything you've done for me."

Mrs. Choi looked at him with the look of disbelife.-"Minho is gonna be so mad if he hears you saying these." She mumbled.

At that moment Mr. Choi came back. He got the news of Jinki returning from Jonghyun so he wrapped up his work in office as fast as he could. He felt this rush of adrenaline, he hardly ever felt before.

Jonghyun was the first to greet him as he came in. -"Mr. Choi, there you are."

But he had little time giving Jonghyun attention or a mare greetings. Not like Jonghyun minded. The ditective kind of expected that kind of treartment.

Jinki along with his aunt stood up. Mrs. Choi felt worried seeing her husband's fast steps. It gave her the feelings that he was gonna scold jinki. But he simply grabbed his nnephew and drew him into a tight hug leaving his wife surprised than ever. That hardly gave out the vibe of the type of character her husband had.

"Where did you run away?" Mr. Choi asked panting which proved of him literally rushing home. He still held Jinki in his embrace. Jinki however didn't return the hug.

"Isn't it unusual of you to show so much affection to me all of a sudden uncle?" Jinki said suddenly.

Mr. Choi pulled back and looked at Jinki with a confused expression. He knew it was unusual of him to be this much affectionate. It would surprise anybody because he usually didn't show his affection in this way even to Minho. It almost seemed desperate. But it shouldn't concern Jinki that much either. And most importantly, Jinki wasn't the type of boy who would speak such disrespectful bold sentences.

"What do you wanna say, Jinki? Do you know how worried we've been because of you?" He said putting his hands on either of Jinki's shoulders.

"Why?" Jinki asked almost giving out a mocking laugh. -"You handed over that responsibility to someone else a long ago, remember?" He added with a strong voice sounding angry.

What Jinki said gave Mr. Choi the shock. He took his hands back from his nephew's shoulder as if he were shocked by electricity. He stepped back looking at Jinki with wide eyes as his nephew coldly looked at him straight into his eyes.

"What do you wanna say?" Mr. Choi asked with shaking voice.

Mrs. choi became more and more confused and clueless. She felt like a total dumb because none of anything Jinki was saying made sense to her. And also not to mention her husband's weird act had been surprising her pretty badly.

"Well? That's sad. Looks like you've already forgotten everything that happened exactly twenty two years ago." Jinki said with a bitter smile on his lips.

"I don't understand what you're blabbering about." Mr. Choi replied.

"Oh! So, now I'm blabbering?! You mean nothing happened exactly twenty two years ago?"

"Jinki, come to your senses already. What buls are you saying?"

"Buls? You call them BULS?? I haven't even said anything yet. and you're calling them buls?" Jinki said back excitedly. -"Don't you remember the day I became an orphan even when I had my parents?" He added as his voice slowly kept raising till it came to the point of shouting. -"You wanna tell me- me losing the right to call my own father "father" is BUL? You wanna tell me- You giving away your own son to somebody else and adopting someone else's son to grow up as yours is BUL?!? You're calling them BULS, FATHER?" At this point The other boy that came with him held him from behind as tears started falling from his eyes. Jinki dropped on the couch sobbing with the other boy comforting him whispering into his ears and rubbing his back soothingly. Whereas Mr. Choi stood frozen on his spot.

As the drama went on. Jonghyun remained silence.

"Can anyone please explain to me of what's going on here?" Mrs. Choi asked not knowing what to come off from everything Jinki had said. She felt scared to even try to make up what Jinki was trying to say.

She grabbed her husband's arm. -"What is he trying to say? And why exactly he's calling you 'father'? What did happen exactly twenty two years ago Minho's father?" She asked. It almost ssounded pleading as if she were praying so that whatever she heard wouldn't be true.

Mr. Choi released his arm from his wife and looked at Jinki instead. -"Who told you all these?" He asked.

"Is that all you care about? Aren't you feeling even a little bit guilty, Father?" Jinki asked putting pressure on "father" more than necessary. Mr. Choi couldn't answer except looking away. Jinki continued -"I have to admit though. I'm greatful and greatly thanful for giving me away to them whom I know as my perents...who had actually done everything they should've done for me as an actual parents. But I really can't put myself in peace thinking that ...that even when my own father was alive I knew myself as an orphan."

"You're not supposed to know that." Mr. Choi commented not looking up.

"Well. Guess my adopted parents are not as heartless as you. They thought I had the right to know exactly who I was even though I would be hurt. sadly though they couldn't reveal who my parents were because of some good reasons-which you know."

"Look. I really do have some good reasons behind hiding it."

"At least you're not denying it anymore. I'm glad." Jinki said in a mocking tone.

Mr. choi sat down beside Jinki looking at him. -"I really do have my reasons. Let-let me explain them to you, Jinki."

"No, father." Jinki sighed calming down. He held Mr. Choi, his father's hand and smiled weakly. -"You'll have time explaining them to me later. I'm satisfied by only you accepting the fact for now."

"But-"

"I'm not running away. I think you should explain this to someone else right now. Explain well." Jinki said patting his father's hand a few times nodding towards Mrs. Choi before getting up.

Mr. Choi followed jinki's nod and found his wife sitting on the other couch with all kind of expression showing on her face. Disbelife, anger, sadness, confusion...and what not.

"Well I guess, we'll wait in the study room untill Minho comes, Sir." Jonghyun spoke to Mr. Choi for the first time. And after he got the positive nod. He went straight towards the study room followed by the other two.

When the Choi couple was left alone, Mr. Choi tried to come up with something to explain his wife though he knew it wouldn't be easy. He knew no wife would be okay to the slightest knowing that her husband had a son with someone else before her and her husband had kept it a secret for a half and a whole era. And with another fact that the son was always around her, it coould drive any woman crazy.

"Was he speaking the truth?" Mr. Choi snapped out of his daze to his wife suddenly speaking up. Her voice was so unearthly calm that it gave him the chills.

"Is Jinki your son?" Mrs. choi asked again.

"Yes." Lying was useless. He had kept it a secret for a long time now. Truth is meant to be out when it wasn't born to be kept a secret anyways. 

"Why?" Mrs. Choi asked.

"I-I thought it was for the best and .....I had consequenses."

"What consequenses, Minho's father? What consequenses that you couldn't tell it to your own wife? Isn't our relationship built on belife? So what happens now?"

"Listen, I can explain, ok? Let me explain. I was helpless."

"You were helpless? Good. But why do you wanna explain it now? You got pure eighteen years of our life till now to explain all these s for God's sake! Why now? Why now that your little secret has come out?"

"I know. But-"

"Did you even think of your own son? Did you ever think how he would feel if he ever finds out the truth? Can You imagine now how much hurt he is after knowing all these terrible truth?"

Mr. Choi kept quiet. He felt the sadness. He could feel the heartbreaking sadness which lies in his son. It's not like he never felt pained watching his own son calling someone else "dad" when he should be the one hearing the word "dad" from him.

Mrs. Choi didn't ask anything else. She couldn't ask anything else. She could feel if she said any more of a single word she would end up crying like a baby. She had known her husband as someone whom people would call the ideal husband. He was the loyal, truthful and caring husband she could ever ask for. So, now that sudden revealation gave her such a push that she had fallen flat. She felt scared. What if she couldn't stand up ever again!

"Mom?"

Mrs. Choi looked up to the call. Minho stood there in front of her confused than ever. She couldn't hold back her tears anymore.

**§**

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter