Eight

Senior Year

Jonghyun and I separated when I take him home. I even offered to fetch him  but he refused saying he can manage and he's definitely sure that his noona will accompany him.

 

I go to school after that. When I arrived, I texted Taemin.

"Taem-baby.. I'm at school now. I parked the car near the gymnassium. Just drive it home after practice. Are you still at home? Did you eat breakfast? Don't be late huh? Beep me back after you read this."

 

When I arrived at the room, I noticed that my classmates are busy studying.

 

Do we have a test today? In Calculus?! Hm...

I ask Kibum when I get near him. Mildly panicking, I asked "Bummie.. What's happening? Do we have a test?"

Kibum raised his head from his book and looks at me with wide and shocked eyes.

 

"Lee Jinki! Don't tell me you forget about it?!"

"Huh?"

"Y-you!"

My eyes got bigger when realization about today's test hit me. But before I could even manage to say anything, Kibum pushes me to sit down on my chair and places my notes and books which he got from my bag, on the table.

"Here! Read this part."

Then he flipped another page of my book.

"This is an important formula. You haven't forgotten how to use this right?"

I nodded.

Kibum puts his hands on his waist.

"How the hell did you, THE Lee Jinki, forget about this test?"

He stresses every words which means he's disappointed at me.

I bite my lower lip and give him the best puppy eyes I could muster.

 

"Study now!"

He shouted at me which causes everyone to look in our direction.

Kibum goes back to his place and I start to read my own notes as well.

 

After 30 minutes, teacher Kang Hodong arrived.

"Good afternoon! Are you ready? Well. Even if you're ready or not, keep your notes and books."

 

Gosh. I never been so nervous in my life. I see Kibum looking at me, worry evident in his eyes.

"Alright! Remember to read and follow instructions very carefully. We'll check your answers after the test. You only have 45 minutes to finish. Good luck! You may start now."

 

I took a deep breath before answering. Right then and there, I decided to leave the results to my fate. Or rather, to let fate decide my results.

 

Exactly 45 minutes later, Teacher Kang clapped his hands three times.

"Alrighty! Time is up! Put your pens down and your hands on your head. I'll collect your answer sheets one by one."

 

"Jinx. How did it go?" Kibum whispered to me.

"I did my best." I answered him.

"Mr. Kim, Mr Lee. Face to the front and no talking."

 

 

 

The last class for the day has finally finished.

God. This day is the most tiring in my entire high school life. And to think, it's a half school day.

 

I sighed loudly as I arranged my things inside my bag.

But then I stop when I notice Kibum stands and leans on his table, looking at me intently with his arms crossed.

 

"What?"
"Tsk. Tsk. I'm just wondering if you're really a genius."

"Why?"

"Look. You forgot about the test today, just studied for more or less 30 minutes but still turned out to be the highest scorer. With just one mistake! On a CALCULUS test! Are you fu*king kidding me? And here I am who got two mistakes. Two! When I studied all night and all morning. Haha. I was worried for nothing. You're a genius. It's proven."

"I just got lucky this time."

"Wow. Mind sharing your luck to me next time?"

We both laugh at his comment.

 

"Will you still go to the gym today, Bummie?"

"I'll hang around for a bit, I guess. It's still early to go home."

"Hm. O. K. Whatever you say."

I smile intriguing at him

 

As we walk towards the same comfort room  I always use to change, I received a call from an unknown number.

 

"Hello? Jinki here."

"Hey, Jinki!"

The voice seems familiar but I'm not sure who..

 

"Uhm. Yes? Who is this?"

"It's Jonghyun!"

O__O

"J-Jonghyun?!"

Key immediately looks at me when he heard me say his name so I lower down my voice.

"Jonghyun? How did you get my number?"

"On the member's profile."

"Aren't you allowed? I thought only coaching staff and managers could see the member's profile."

"Exactly. I'm promoted to manager since I'm still injured. So I'm your co-manager for the time being. Please take care of me, sunbae! Haha. See you later at practice. Bye!"

 

I press the end button and proceeded to tell Kibum about it. The only response I got is a meaningful smirk and a simple,

"Heh? This would be fun."