Twenty

Senior Year

I wake up and I realize I am on my bed. I don't know how Kibum manage to do that but somehow he did. I also notice my phone turn on and there are no missed calls or unread messages which only means that Kibum read all of them. Feeling tired, I didn't get off the bed. I sat up.

God, I'm hungry. But I am too lazy to get food.

The house is too quiet for my liking. I don't know when Kibum went home or if he ever gets home. I don't know if Taemin has returned after he runs out the door. 

Well, that does it. I'm worried about my brother so I get up and walk to the door. But before I can even turn the knob, my phone on the table rings. I take it and get the shock of my life. I answer the call.

"Yes, hello."

...

"E-everything's okay around here." well, except for my broken heart, everything is just fine.

....

"T-Taemin's sleeping in his room." I guess. I added on my mind without saying it out loud.

...

"H-he's okay. I think so. He'll be okay. Why?"

...

"B-but what about my school?"

...

I think about the suggestion for a while. There are only two months before the final exams. After one week of that is the graduation. I think I need the break from all of this. So, I agreed.

"Well since the school has agreed, I don't think there's anything to do about it. I'll talk to the Head Teacher tomorrow just as you said, for all the requirements."

....

"Yes. I miss you too. See you in two days, Dad."

 

 

Early next morning, I knock on Taemin's door.

"Come in hyung."

He is seated at the edge of the bed. He obviously just woke up since he's rubbing his eyes. It makes me smile. He's so cute. I even wonder if he's really my brother since he's so good looking and I'm not. Maybe that's why... sigh

Anyways, I walk towards Taemin and sit beside him.

"Where did you go after you ran out the door?"

His mouth hang open. "School."

"What did you do?" Taemin looks down on his lap and pouts.

"I.. I'm sorry. I was just so angry yesterday! That slapped you hyung! Then I saw you breaking apart yesterday! It was just too much!"

"So, what did you do?"

"I.. I.. "

"Minnie, just tell me. I won't get mad."

"I.. punched.." 

"Soonkyu???!!!!" 

"NO! How can I do that to a girl?! Hyung, how could you say that! Even she's ." Then he pouts.

I breathe out a sigh of relief. How can someone as cute as Taemin punch anyone.

I hug my little brother. I just can't resist him. "Thank you Minnie. You made me so much better."

"Really?" His eyes light up. I chuckle.

"Hm-mm."

"I love you hyung."

"I love you much much more."

"I know." Then he smirk. This little..

"By the way Minnie, last night, I received a call."

He looks up to me with questioning eyes. Then I proceeded to tell him all the details.

 

 

 

I bowed my thanks to the Head Teacher and go out of office. Now that everything's settled, I need to prepare my things. I go home to pack. Taemin helps me while Kibum cooks something for me before I go. Both of them did not attend school so they could spend time with me. While eating, we joke and laugh. We avoided topics that would bring out him and the other painful things.

Then it is time for me to go. I did not allow them to see me off the airport so they just see me off the doorsteps.

After hours of waiting, I am now boarding the plane leaving everything behind.

 

 

 

1 month later.

Yes. I am now back to Korea after one month of staying with my parents in the US. My parents called me that night to inform me that my application at the Stanford School of Medicine got accepted so I need to process the next steps of application personally. So my parents asked the school for a one month break for me with a promise that I will make up with the lost lessons and exams after I get back. The school agreed and was so understanding so there were no problems at all. In the end, I pass all the requirements and I'll be going studying there in college to pursue my dream.

So one hour after getting back, I find myself taking my missed examinations and activities inside the Faculty Room. Of course, I still try to study when I was in the US so I am ready. After another two hours, I finsh with all of it and waits for my result. 30 minutes later, the Head Teacher calls me in.

I bow to greet him. He gapes at me. 

"S-sir?"

"Are you human?"

"Sir?"

"Sit down, Mr. Lee." I did as he says.

"Well, I am very much impressed with your results. I am glad that even though you were absent for one month you didn't slack off in your lessons." He hands me the answer sheets to me.

"You know that after this, only the final examination remains. There are only 4 weeks. Do your best until then."

"Yes Sir. Thank you very much."

I go out of the faculty room and into my car. I send a quick message to Kibum and Taemin before starting the car.

"I'm back."

 

 

6PM

I hear the locked door click. As I turn, I was crushed by both Kibum and Taemin a tight hug.

"Hyung!!"

"Haha! Miss me?" Kibum spanks me.

"Yah! I messaged and called you but you won't even mail me back! Don't you know we were so worried?"

"Sorry, Bummie. I was just busy."

"Tsk.."

"Come on.. I got you both something and I'll treat you to dinner tonight. Don't be mad~"

"Hmph! Okay!"

Then I hand them both my gifts. A limited and very expensive gold designer watch from some worldclass brand for Kibum. I saw him fuss over it on a magazine before so when I saw it, I bought it.

"OH MY F.. LEE JINKI! You.. You.. You're the best best bestfriend ever!!!!"

"Hahahaha! I know that!" Then I leave Kibum to fuss over the watch again and stare at Taemin.

 

"Do you like my gift Minnie?"

"But hyung, this is.."

"Well, I know you like her from Harry Potter so.."

"But how?"

"Just one day, I decided to take some pics around the neighborhood then I went in a cafe where I saw her. I asked to take her picture. She agreed when I explained that my baby brother is a huge fan. She even suggested that when I developed it, she'll write some dedications and sign it."

"Thank you hyung. Thank you." Taemin said. "I'm going to frame this. Oh my God."

Then he runs to his room. I can only shake my head.

 

Dinner time.

"So hyung, tell us more about your vacation. What was it about?"

"Uhm. To cut the long story short, I got accepted at the Standford School of Medicine."

"Wow!" "Congrats hyung!"

"Hehe, thanks."

"You're amazing, Jinks."

"It's so-so. Anyone could pass it. Even you, Bummie. I'm sure. But enough about me. Tell me what happened here when I'm gone."

"What do you really want to know hyung?"

"What do you mean? Just anything that I miss."

Kibum and Taemin hesitates for a while. However, Taemin breaks the uncomfortable silence over the dinner table.

"The team is in the finals hyung. Our opponent is the Hottest University. It was very tough during the semis and we almost lost. Thanks to Minho-hyung we didn't. The finals is Saturday next week. And we would like you to come too. Be our manager again."

"Minnie, who ever told you I quit being the basketball team's manager?" Then Taemin smiles.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I need new JONGYU fanfics!!!!!! Where art thou?