Two

Senior Year

At the parking lot,

 

"HAHAHAHAHA!!!!"

"Key! Stop it!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!"

"You said you won't laugh!" I pouted.

"HAHAHAHAHAHA"

"Yah! People are staring!"

"HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHHAAAA!!!!!"
"KIIIIIIBUUUUUM!"

I can see he is trying to suppress his laughter.

"Sorry. Really sorry Jinx. So, what will you do?" He said while trying to control his laughter.

"I can only agree to it. You know I must be class valedictorian so my parents would come home. For Taemin. So, next week's the start of my duty."

"Okay. I can't help you with that. I don't like stinking monsters, you know me. So just do you best, I guess."

I can only sigh.

"And Jinx."

"Hm?"

"Have fun."

 

"Hyung!!!"

"Hey Taem, looks like you had a fun on your first day."

"YUP! I gain lots of friends then you know hyung, there are many clubs that invited me to join."

"Really? So have you decided on what club to join?"

"YUP! And they are really cool!"

"Yeah? What is it?"
"The men's basketball club!"

 

O_O ----> Me and Kibum

 

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!"

"KIBUM!!!!"

 

 

At dinner

 

"Ah so, you suddenly become the team's manager."

"Yup."

"Hm. Not bad hyung. If I make it through the tryouts, then we'll be working together."

"Ah. Taem. I've got a favor to ask you."

"Sure hyung. What is it?"

"Starting tomorrow, let's not go to school tomorrow. Don't wait for me at the end of the class too."

"Huh? Why?"

"Just because. Starting tomorrow, let's pretend that we do not know each other at school. Don't tell anybody that I'm our brother."

"But hyung, I don't understand."

"I just need your promise Taem. Please?"

"I'll try. I guess."

"Thank you baby brother. I love you."

"Love you more hyung."

 

 

As the week passed, I engage myself to all my academics and I find free time to research about the duties of the manager of a basketball team. I realized that I need to check their performance in practice and their statistics, record the time and such and for injuries, assist the players and coaches. I will also be the one representing the players when they do something wrong inside and outside the university because they are role models to many teenagers so I need to clear their names up. A manager should also be the one taking care of the players during pratices, before, during and after games.

 

As for Taemin, he keeps going to tryouts this week. I hope he's doing well. He keeps his promise to me about our relationship at least until now.

 

 

Saturday, at dinner

 

Since it's Saturday, we don't have class today. But Taemin still went to the university for the last day of tryouts and for the announcement of new men's basketball team members.

He'll come home any moment now. I hope he will have a good news.

 

 

I heard the front door opens and closes and followed by quick steps toward the kitchen.

"Hyung! I did it! I passes the tryout!"

"Wow! Congratulations Taem!!"

"Yey! I am so happy Hyung!"

"Good to hear. Now, to celebrate your good news, I decided to cook your favorite for dinner."

"STEAK!!"

"HAHAHA! Of course, steak for you and chicken for me!"

"Wow! Thank you Hyung! You're the hyung, EVER!"

"HAHAHA! I know baby brother."

Then he hugs me and I ruffle his hair while hugging him too.

"Love you hyung~"

"Love you more baby."

 

Monday, 5 pm

 

All the classes have ended. And I am so nervous.

"Do your best, Jinki."

"Thanks Key. Wish me luck."

"Good luck. See you tomorrow."

"Yeah."

 

I put my things inside my car first then I changed to my PE uniform, just a plain white shirt and our jogging pants.

Now, I am walking towards the gym where the basketball team is practicing. My heart is beating so fast, I can't breathe. I'm so nervous. I hope Taemin remembers his promise.

 

I arrive at the gym and I saw some of the players warming up then I see the head coach at the corner.

 

"Good afternoon Sir. I am Lee Jinki."

"Oh! So you're THE Lee Jinki! I am so happy to finally meet you! I am Coach Lee Minwoo, by the way. I heard you're a straight A student. Wow! That's incredible!"

I just smiled to his compliment.

"Hey. Don't be shy, okay. The coaching staff wil help you in your duties as a manager anyway. Yes, the boys are sometimes unruly but believe me, they are good persons. Come on, I'll show you your duties and record book."

So, he briefs me about the specific obligation of a manager and gives me the record book and the stats.

 

"ALRIGHT! HUDDLE UP!!!" Coach Lee Minwoo calls the players.

 

 

OH MY GOD! I'm so nervous!