Eighteen

Senior Year

True to his message, I found Minho outside our house's doorstep with a determined Kibum and annoyed Taemin.

"Hyung! Please listen to Minho first," Kibum said.

"What for?" Taemin countered.

"Stop it, Taem," I said. "Come inside."

"Hyung!" "Thank you, Jinki-hyung!"

I sit on the couch. Taemin sits behind me, crosses arms. Minho and Kibum sit on the opposite side.

"I'm listening."

Minho clears his throat.

"Well, you see. /sigh/ Jonghyun-hyung has told me this way back. He was on a band during middle school. He was quite the popular guy. All the girls like him. Jungshin's cousin, Soonkyu, is no exception. Soonkyu did everything to make Jonghyun date her. She would give him chocolates. She would always go to their band rehearsals. She would always support their gigs which made Jonghyun have a soft spot for her. After every gig, they would go eat out with the band and other students which made them closer. In the end, they got together. Everything was okay at first. Jungshin even approves. She would still go to the band rehearsals and gigs. However, after months of being together, Soonkyu slowly changed. She would be mad when there are girls hanging around Jonghyun. At first, they all thought that she was just really jealous. But Soonkyu starts warning the girls one by one by their behavior. She's threatening them and telling them to stay away from Jonghyun. After that, Jonghyun and her had a huge fight. Jonghyun felt as if she is suffocating him. He reasoned that the girls were his friends long before they got together. Soonkyu apologized and said sorry. After that, everything seems to go back to normal. But Soonkyu just won't stop. At first, she was just threatening them with words but it didn't take long when she deliberately act on it. Of course, without Jonghyun's knowing.

There was this girl and she's a really close friend of Jonghyun. Soonkyu threatened her that if she doesn't stay away from Jonghyun, she won't like what will happen. However, the girl didn't comply and that made Soonkyu really mad. She ordered some of the upperclassmen students to try and her then take photos. She also posted those photos everywhere around the campus. It humiliated her. She didn't come to school after that. She quit and transferred. And there was also another girl who is Jonghyun's fan. She ordered that girl's classmates to bully her. They did everything to her: from ignoring or outcasting her to throwing papers at her to almost hitting her head by a falling pot."

"Oh my God!"

"Yes. She is capable of doing anything."

"Why would the students do everything she says?"

"Because her parents are very influential to the point that if you do not act as she wishes, you can be expelled or worse, your parents company would go down the drain."

I just stare with disbelief with Minho.

"Soonkyu is just that obsessed with Jonghyun. Jonghyun broke up with her the moment he learned what happened. She still won't accept the break up and even tried to seduce Jonghyun. Her parents sent her to US because they believed she needs help. But she managed to convince her parents to let her go back because she's recovered. However, last night, Jungshin received her message saying that she's back to take what's rightfully hers and wanted him to tell Jonghyun that. That is why Jonghyun broke up with. It's because he's afraid that she'll hurt you like those girls. He loves you hyung! Only you!"

"But he kissed her earlier!"

"No, Jinki-hyung! She kissed HIM. She forced herself to him. Jonghyun didn't manage to move because it was so fast and he was so shocked. He didn't want to kiss her. And most importantly, he didn't want to hurt you. If Soonkyu knows of your relationship, she won't let you go. She'll hurt you, hyung. And Jonghyun-hyung doesn't want that. And you should believe when I tell you that Jonghyun-hyung is much more hurting right now."

Minho stands up and straighten up his uniform. 

"Well then, hyung. I did what I came to do. Your decision is yours. But Jonghyun-hyung really really loves you a lot. Only you, hyung." Then he leaves the house.

 

"So, what are you going to do?" Kibum asks.

"I'm scared of her. But I want my boyfriend back. He's not hers. He's mine."

With that, Kibum smirk.