Seventeen

Senior Year

When we arrive at my house, I immediately go to my room and lie on my bed. Taemin back in the living room keeps on saying swear words addressed to Jonghyun. I can hear them loud and clear.

"Taemin, that's enough!" Kibum said.

"Enough? After what he has done to Jinki-hyung? He deserves every insult in the whole world!"

"We don't know what happened for sure yet."

"Don't know?! He f...ng kissed another person, hyung! In front of him! And he broke up with Jinki hyung over the phone! He doesn't have any decency to face Jinki-hyung! If he's man enough, he'll break him up properly!"

"I don't know Taem. It's still early to judge. It might be really just a misunderstanding. Just like what Minho said."

"Minho?! You still believe him too? Hyung, his bestfriend cheated on YOUR bestfriend!"

"But that doesn't mean I should not at least believe him! He's my boyfriend!"

 

Oh no! Their argument is getting worse. So I slowly stand and walk to the door to stop them both.

 

"What! So you'll side with Minho than with hyung?!"

"That's not what I mean Taemin! I am not siding with anyone here!"

"Is this how your love with Minho changed you? This is not the Kibum that I know!"

"What are you talking about here, Taemin? And I'm your hyung! But we are getting further from the point here!"

"No! You are now blinded with your love with Minho that even if your bestfriend is hurting, you'll still believe him! The Kibum that I know.. The Kibum that I LOVE.. is a person who would always follow what he thinks is right! Even if he needs to disagree with someone very important to him!"

All three of us are unable to say anything after Taemin's unintentional confession. I could see them both very clearly. Both Kibum and Taemin looks very shocked for different reasons.

"T-taem.. W-what did you j-just s-say?"

Taemin clears his throat first before saying "Yes. I love you, Kim Kibum." Then he grabs his bag and runs out of the house.

 

"Wow." Kibum jumps startled when he hears my voice. He looks at me eyebrows furrowing. "That is something."

Kibum clears his throat. "Why are you up? You should be resting."

"It's quite hard to when there's so much noise going on."

"You should go back to the bed. I'll cook you some porridge." I just did as I Kibum told me.

As I lie, I can't help but to think of everything that happened. /sigh/ 

My perfect love story was ruined in the blink of an eye. The funniest thing is I don't even know why. Now, Taemin is also suffering right under my nose. The most hurting thing is I don't even realize it. What kind of hyung I am? I don't even realize that my dongsaeng is hurting because I am so focused with my own self. I just decided to sleep since blaming myself won't change anything. A lone tear falls from my eyes.

 

 

I wake up feeling my stomach grumble. I feel a lot better compared to earlier but I'm famished! I saw a familiar pink sticky note on the bedside table. 

"I cooked some porridge. Just heat it up. I went back to school without waking you. I think you needed it."

Slowly, I make my way to the kitchen and heat up the porridge. After heating it up, I put some on a bowl and make my way to the couch. I turn on the TV.

The TV is showing some kind of a gag show though my focus itself is not on it but my mind is somewhere else. My mind is on the school's basketball court where a certain someone is right now. 

My phone rings. There's a message from Taemin. "You don't have to come to school. I'll just tell Coach. Just rest Hyung."

I type "Thanks Minnie. Let's talk later." and hit send. Before I could put my phone down, I receive another message. I thought it was from Taemin again but I got real shock when it was from Minho. "Hyung, I am going to your place after practice whether you like it or not. You need to know the whole truth!"