Five

Senior Year

"Hyung. Are you okay?"

Taemin asks me when we reach our house.


"Hm. Why do you ask?"

"Because you seem lost. You're not yourself. Did something happened between you and Jonghyun-hyung earlier?"

"Taemin." He looks at me, waiting.

"Oh, hyung?"

 


"No, it's nothing. Good night."


Then I leave Taemin with still confused face.

 

I lie on my bed and try to sleep when my phone rings.

 

"Hello. Jinki here."

"Hey Jinx. You home?"


"Hhhm."

"So how did it go?"

 

"Kibum..."

"Oh? What's the matter? Why does your voice sound like that?"

 

"Kibuuuumm....."

"Ohhh? What?? You can tell me anything Jinx. Did someone bully you there?"


"Noooo. They're all nice."

"Sooo? What's wrong?"

.
.
.

"Nothing. I'm just tired, I guess. See you at school tomorrow."

.

.

"Okay, then. Good night."

 

 

 

 

 


I arrive earlier at SW the next morning. It's because I can't sleep that much last night. It was the first time I felt something that strong for one person.

Since it's quite early, I decided to walk around the campus. There are just a few students around.


When feeling tired, I sit at the large tree behind the library. Right then, I received a text message from Taemin.

"Hyung.. Where are you?? It's still so early to go to school. Did you skip breakfast? There are so many sausages left for me.. You also didn't eat dinner last night. I'm worried. Beep me back!"

 

I hit reply.

 

"Sorry to make you worry, baby. I'm at school now. I don't feel like eating but I'm still not hungry. I'm really okay, baby. Please stop worrying about me.. Don't be late in class. See you later~"

Then I put my phone back to my pocket.

 

 

"Hey, Jinki!"

 

I gasp.. Who is that? I swear I heard someone call my name.

 

 

"Heeeyy~ Up here~"

So I look up and see Jonghyun smiling down at me while sitting on the tree's branch.

And yes, here's my uncontrollable heartbeat again.

 

I look down and curl my legs up to my chest and hugs them to try to hide my blush. He then jumps down the tree.

 

I glance at him. His hair is still wet. He looks so clean. He smells so nice. And he has a headphone around his neck.

 

He sits down beside me and as he scoots closer, I look down on my knees.

 

"Hey, you're early." He said to me but I just nod as a response since I can't look at him.

"You know, I saw you when you come nearer to this tree and decided to startle you but I noticed that you has a confused or rather.. troubled look so I didn't do it. Haha."

I see him look at me.

 

"Soooo~ What is troubling you? You can tell me."

I bite my lower lip.

 

"Hm. Okay. If you won't tell.. At least let me help. Here!"

 

Then, he puts his headphone on me and so I am forced to look at him.

 

"When I am troubled or if there are lots of things on my mind, I just listen to music. Everytime I listen to these songs, I feel more relaxed. So, I hope you'd feel the same too."

He presses play. He is still holding the headphones over my ears so I am facing him directly.

We stay like that for a short while. But then, he lets me go and pats my head. He leans back on the tree while I put my chin on my hugged knees.

 

The songs' melody rings to my ears. An angelic voice is lulling me to sleep. And the last thing I remember is a firm shoulder and gentle hands catching me as I surrender in a very peaceful sleep.

.

.

.

.

 

 

Consciousness slowly peeks in me and the first thing I feel is my phone continously vibrating inside my pocket and second is a firm and warm arms hugging me tightly.

 

I open my eyes to see a smiling Jonghyun looking at me.

 

"Oh. You're awake."

 

I get my phone inside my pocket to answer the call right away while still looking at Jonghyun with wide eyes.

 

"Hello. Jinki here."

"Dont you Hello-Jinki-here ME, LEE JINKI!!! I've been calling you nonstop for the last 10 minutes! Where are you?! Do you realize that you just skipped the morning classes?"

 

My eyes got bigger and wider if that's even possible. I could see Jonghyun looking at me comically.

I stand abruptly as I end the call. I turned to quickly run to the main building then I felt a strong hands on my elbow which stop on my tracks.

 

"Hey. Jinki, slow down. It's lunch break. There's no need to hurry."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

I manage to ask Jonghyun even though I am shaking because of his touch.

"Sorry. I didn't wake you up because you look like you haven't got any sleep last night so I just let you sleep. Sorry."

"N-no. It's okay. I'll just catch up on the lesson."

He lets go of my elbow.

"See you later, Jonghyun."

 

I pick up my bag and ran as fast as I can just to be as far as I can from him.

"Wait! Jinki!"

 

I hear him call me but I didn't stop running. I just need to be as far as possible from him to control my rummaging heartbeat.

And when he can't see me anymore, I stop running and try to process what exactly happened.

 

I slept with him. I mean, beside him. He hugged me and.. Oh my God!! I just skipped morning classes! I am so screwed. Kibum will totally kill me!