Eleven

Senior Year

A week later, Jonghyun's injury is healed completely. As it heals, our relationship deepens and develops. I didn't tell Taemin anything what happened and I went home as early as I could so Taemin is still sleeping when I arrive. He didn't know I was gone that entire night which is a good thing.

 

On the days after that day, Jonghyun and I are just inseparable. Before the morning classes starts, he would always go to our room and just talk random stuff with Kibum and me. He would eat lunch with us, too. Then, Minho and the others would join us. Everytime we all get to eat together, our table is so noisy. Kibum starts to get closer to every single one of them which comes not a surprise because Kibum is just the type of person that everybody wants to be friends. It is also not a surprise when he is closest to Minho among any of them. 

On the Friday of this week is our exams. And so, I would always spend time in the library to read and study during the afternoon breaks. In the library, too, Jonghyun would always accomapany me. But he sleeps most of the time we are there.

Everything seems good and proper until it was the Wednesday of this week. When the players join us in our table again, students tend to look at us or more practically to me. I am known as the straight A Lee Jinki and to be with the honorable student-athletes of basketball club is just... impossible, not believable even. And for me, being a not-really-sociable type unlike Kibum can only try to avoid the demeaning stares. This is the sole reason I don't want anyone, except Kibum, to know that Taemin's my brother. I am just Lee Jinki who is famous during exam week and after that, would be thrown away like a dirt to their shoes. I don't want Taemin to know that he has a pathetic elder brother.

 

It was on that same day that my classmates, be it a girl or a boy, start coming to me to teach them this and that, ask me this and that. Jonghyun and I are in the library. Unlike some other times when he is just sleeping and holding my thigh under the table, he is wide awake and listening to his headphones while watching me teach the 14th person who came to me. Once that person left, I could feel Jonghyun stare at me.

 

"Wow. My boyfriend is so famous." Jonghyun said. "I'm quite jealous."

"What are you talking about? I'm not famous. And there's nothing to be jealous about."

"Sure, you are and sure, there is. Look at those people, scrambling to let you teach them."

"Well, it's because it is exam week so they need me and they notice me. But after this week, I swear, I'm just the Lee Jinki again."

 

"And who is this "the Lee Jinki"?"

"The straight A student who is a nerd and who everybody needs during exams and when copying assignments. The Lee Jinki who they disregard after getting what they want."

 

When I look at Jonghyun's eyes, I could feel the love and sincerity of his being. And I am being dragged over and over again.

He leans his body towards me. His face is so close to mine.

"Lee Jinki.... is a very beautiful person. He is amazing in everything he does. He is a straight A student because he is very hardworking. He values everyone close to him. He is the most perfect human being there is. And you know what.."

This time, his hands cup my face.

"Lee Jinki.. is my boyfriend. I love him sooo much and I am very proud of him. He is the person who can complete Kim Jonghyun."

 

We look at each other's eyes. No words are said after that. Just looking at each other is enough confirmation of love and trust for each other. With him, I feel safe, very happy and contented. In one week of being together, he made feel my worth. He made me wish for a forever with him.

 

 

We break apart from each other's gazes unwillingly when we heard someone clear his throat.

Key is looking at us, with crossed arms and eyebrow raised. We straightened ourselves and get back to what we are doing previously as Kibum sits on the other side of the table. We just stared at us for a moment but he reads his book right after.

 

I sigh. I guess, I need to face Kibum sooner or later. I can't keep something like this from him forever.

 

Sure enough, after the afternoon classes, as I arrange my things before going to change for practice, he asks me. But rather, he states the obvious fact.

"Jinx. There is something you're not telling me."

I look up to see a very expectant Kibum. I guess, it's time. But very carefully and very silently, I confess.

"I-I.. We.. J-Jonghyun and I.. we're together now."

"Since when?"

"S-since l-last week."

"Hm. I see. One week now, huh. Tell me, Lee Jinki. Look straight to my eyes and tell me honestly. In this one week, are you happy?"

"Yes! I am so happy! He just... Bummie, I've never been so happy in my entire life."

"I know. It shows Jinx. Well, congratulations then. At least you've become a human."

I punched him playfully in the chest.

"HAHA!"

"Thank you so much, Bummie." I said as I hold Kibum's hand.

"Let me be honest, Jinx. I am happy that you are happy. But as soon as I see a tear drop from your eyes because of him, I'll skin him alive."

"That won't happen Kibum."

"I hope so. So, does Taeminnie know?"

"No."

 

And just that he let go of the topic. Kibum can really read me like an open book. That is why he is my bestfriend.

 

 

Before practice, I talk to Jonghyun regarding about it. But Jonghyun is skeptic about it. We are behind the gymnassium.

"But baby, we're not doing anything wrong."

"I know. But we could try to minimize our interactions, right?"

"Jinx.. I swear, baby, it's okay. You're thinking too miuch."

"No, Jjong. Please understand. I'm doing this for the both of us."

I see him sigh.

"Alright then. I'll try to lessen the times I'm touching you in public."

I blush.

"Jjong, if you put it that way..."

"And how else should I put it, then?"

 

"Jjongie, I thought you said it's okay if we take it slow."

"I understand, baby. But I want to warn you.. Because I really don't have any self-control."

Then he leans closer to me, put an arm on the wall above my head. I punch him lightly. Of course, I know he is just joking. For the one week we've been together, we showed be nothing but being a gentlemen

. But he didn't stop though and places a sweet kiss on my lips.

When he stops, I quickly escaped from him and said, "Come on. Time to practice."

"Argh! I'm starting to hate basketball now."

I turned to him and said, "Haha. I highly doubt that!" Then ran towards the gym.

I hear him laugh.

"Hey~ Come back here~ Jinx! Wait for me~"

He catches up to me in no time and we walk towards the gym hand in hand.

 

That Wednesday night, I study the whole night and was just able to nap for one hour. I wake up at 5AM and text Jonghyun a "Good morning, baby :)"

When I arrive at school, I text him again. "Just arrive at school. Gotta study now. See you later. Don't be late. Love you :*"

And then, I study until 7:30 at the library. When it is 7:45 and I didn't receive any message from him, I started to get worried. Is he still sleeping?

As I'm getting ready to go to the room, my phone buzzes.

"Just woke up. Running late. See you later. Love you more :*"

Haha. And he's late again.

During lunch break, we meet at the cafeteria. He got there first and got me my food, too. Kibum and the players are complaining about Jonghyun not getting their food which the latter ignored as he divulge his food on the tray. I sit beside him and hand him a bottled water when he choked and pat his back. Sure, this looks routinary but it is making me deliriously happy.

 

On the day before an exam day, all club activities are banned and so is the practice of the basketball club. I have all the afternoon and night to study for the exam tomorrow.

 

Jonghyun, Taemin and Minho joined Kibum and me at the library to study. For an hour, I could see that they are diligently studying and trying hard not to disturb us. Another hour passed and I could see in my rearview that the three are trying to contain their laughters as they are chatting about something. Studying completely forgotten. A sound escaped from one of them and I notice Kibum hissed. Another sound to escape and Kibum would send them out of the library. Kibum is very sensitive to sounds when he is studying. And yet, another sound was heard.

"SSSSSHHH!" Kibum hissed at them angrily that makes them shut up in an instant.

 

By 7PM, I can feel my stomach grumble. As we go down to the cafeteria, I could not explain what I'm feeling.

As I see Taemin being sandwiched between Minho and Kibum as they play him like a little brother. My Taeminnie looks so embarrassed but seems so happy. My Kibummie who I have never seen so happy with anyone before, looks very contented with Minho. I am very thankful to Minho. And of course, I have Jonghyun. My boyfriend who loves me and making me deliriously happy and who hugs me protectively.

 

What more can I ask?

As for this moment, I am complete.

My life is complete.