[A]

Parenting Riot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The clock showed 3.03AM already but the walking zombies were still up on guard through the night. Soojung was lifelessly tapping the baby boy’s to soothe him in his sleep while Jongin beside her already had only half of his eyelid opened. They hadn’t got to sleep properly that night because the twins never stopped waking up in return as if they were mocking their parents.

“Jongin,” Soojung slowly turned her body to tap Jongin’s legs to bring him back to his consciousness.

“Hmm?” he just replied her with a really low hum.

“I think Joon’s already asleep. Really asleep this time,” she whispered really slowly to prevent waking up the crybaby from his slumber.

Jongin tried so hard to open his eyes but it’s closed again after less than two seconds. “Wait for another 15 minutes. We’ve been assuming for God knows how many times and we always ended up waking him up when I carry him."

“No…," her whisper was so low that it almost sounded inaudible. “He is asleep already.”

Jongin groaned under his breath. He always hates it when someone interrupts his sleep. Plus, he had stayed up all night for almost a week–well, both of them hadn’t had a proper sleep ever since they brought the twins back home. They would always cry at night and when one soothed down, another one will cry, making their twin wake up to join the crying force. It keeps on going perfectly like that.

He got up really slowly to not make the bed shake. He tiptoed to another side of the bed and gingerly lifted the little fragile boy onto his arms. He stepped his feet little by little to make sure that the baby boy wouldn’t know that he’s being moved from the bed. Because well, in his cerebration, there’s a possibility of him wanting to stay near his mother. He always cries like crazy when he’s being put on the baby box but shut quiet immediately when he’s being moved to the master bed beside Soojung.

Soojung followed him steps from behind with the same pace and they swore if there were people seeing them like that, they would think of them as kidnapper. She slowly slid the baby’s room door opened and walked inside to help Jongin with the baby box.

But the Gods and Goddesses were not with them that night.

The moment she pulled down the box’s fence was the time when Hee, their daughter, exploded in cry. Soojung swore she really did everything gently and the box didn’t even shake a bit, but they still ended up waking their daughter up. Not to mention that the one on Jongin’s arms also opened his eyes and cried out louder than his younger-by-seconds sister.

“.”

“Jongin! No bad words in front of the kids!”

“Still!” he rolled his eyes.

Soojung lifted Hee and carried her onto her arms. “My beautiful Hee Jung… Mommy is sorry for waking you up,” she kept on swinging her body to lull the baby.

“Joon… Be a man and stop crying. Will you, son?” Jongin also did the same thing as he walked outside the baby’s room that’s connected straight to his bedroom.

Soojung put Hee on the baby box and patted her legs gently to lull her but she didn’t even mind to calm down. It happened for almost ten minutes and Soojung swore she almost curse in front of her daughter because she was out of idea. She lifted up the fence and left the baby crying as she ran outside the room to the kitchen to make their formulas for them.

“Soojung,” Jongin called Soojung for help because he too was already out of idea about how to soothe his son. Joon kept wailing with a high pitch crying tone–not wanting to hear the poor father’s pleads.

“Jungie?” Jongin called her again but the only answer he got from the next door was only his daughter’s crying voice.

He walked toward th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter