A Pair of Eyeglasses

30 Moments

4. A Pair of Eyeglasses

Daehyun felt like his glasses were stupid and they made his nose look huge, so he never wore them, though he desperately needed them. He didn’t like how without them, he could never see Yongguk’s beautiful, flawless face without it being a blur. Yongguk couldn’t help but to laugh at him when they were out to eat and he’d have to have the menu read to him because he just refused to wear them. He also didn’t like contacts, because they dried out his eyes and putting them in was like rocket science and Daehyun was never good at science, nor did he have a steady hand. He considered laser eye surgery, but that was expensive. He decided he’d rather walk around blind.

                Yongguk though thought that glasses were cute, and they were y and they were every single positive adjective one could use to describe another person, but he’d never tell Daehyun because he didn’t want him to feel bad. He didn’t want to pressure him into wearing something he liked, but Daehyun didn’t. Sometimes, he’d wear false frames, and Yongguk’s heart would beat a million miles an hour because Daehyun looked so handsome and astute in them. He was reminded of those college boys you see in coffee shops in the movies. He was that mysterious man that might be your professor and you’re looking for a school romance. Daehyun in glasses was Yongguk’s every fantasy, but as said, he couldn’t force him to do what he wanted.

                Though, it would slip. Yongguk would say the outfit Daehyun was wearing would look better with glasses. He’d snap when they were out and he couldn’t read something and he told him if he just wore his glasses, or even kept them on his person, that he’d have a lot less trouble. He was extra affectionate when he has his y spectacles on and sometimes Daehyun would try to take them off, but Yongguk would tell him to keep them on. For some reason, the younger never caught on, but he’d shrug and go back to whatever he was preoccupied with, be it watching TV or reading the Sunday morning news. Yongguk would side-eye him and sigh because he looked so, so beautiful with just a simple accessory on.

                He thought it was akin to people liking police uniforms or maid costumes, or even cosplay or something as artless as saying you prefer redheads to blonde. He just liked glasses. Yongguk would on the occasion put them on and he thought he looked pretty good in them. He thought anyone looked good in them if he wanted to be honest to himself. They made anyone go up two points on a scale of ten. A ten (Daehyun) could even become a twelve, and that made Yongguk crawl in his skin because never in his life had he wanted to put clothing on someone and that it would increase his want towards them.

                And even though Daehyun seemingly had a blind eye to it, he caught on eventually, and he’d tease Yongguk with the idea of wearing glasses around. He’d put them on and ask how they looked, and when Yongguk blushed and his breath was knocked out of him, he take them off with a sly smile and tell him that he just didn’t think they’d cut it. Yongguk, would always end up in despair and try to make him put them back on, but he never did. He’d save it for a rainy day.

                So without fail, he did. He put them on when it was a lazy day and it was overcast outside. Neither of them had plans, but Daehyun was dressed up to the nines. He had on a dress shirt and slacks and glasses. His hair was styled up and he even put on eyeliner because he knew Yongguk liked it for some reason. He always liked it wen Daehyun looked more feminine, and there he stood, his lips shimmering and Yongguk’s jaw went slack as he looked on at his boyfriend, leaning against a doorframe and adjusting his tie so it could be a little more loose on him. Yongguk swallowed thickly and he couldn’t feel his legs.

                “What’s the occasion?” Yongguk asked as he got up from the couch, but Daehyun walked to him and pushed him down again, straddling his lap and Yongguk again was getting dizzy from it all. He didn’t know why he was so attracted to Daehyun with those glasses on, but they were his prescription ones, and they, for some unknown reason, those were the ones that Yongguk liked the most. Perhaps it was because he knew that Daehyun could see him in high definition now, and that he could see the red flush in his face and that he was now looking at Yongguk the same way he could look at him.

                “There’s no occasion. I just felt like dressing up for you. I also feel like dressing down.” Daehyun said, chuckling as Yongguk’s expression shifted from one of wonder to amusement. He laid back, and Daehyun took that as his cue to get up from his seat in Yongguk’s lap, and he undid his tie and wrapped it around the back of Yongguk’s neck and pulled him in for a kiss. They both smiled into it, and soon, the mood dissipated and they were just kissing on the couch on a rainy, languid afternoon with Daehyun’s glasses creaking and getting fogged up from the breath. Yongguk didn’t care though. As long as Daehyun kept them on and he was comfortable with it, they could break the frames and it would all be in good fun. Though, they’d have to pay for another pair, and he thought Daehyun would maybe skip that.

                If worse came to worse, Yongguk would pry the prescription from him and buy him another pair. There was no way he was letting Daehyun off the hook that easily.