A Short Fanfic

30 Moments

20.A Short Fanfic

Daehyun looked down Yongguk’s body as he walked towards the younger chestnut haired boy. He felt his blood run cold even though his face was a flaming red. Daehyun knew this was it. This was the moment he had waited for, for years. Yongguk was going to kiss him. His lips were really going to be pressed against Yongguk’s like they had been so many times in his dreams. His body shook with a force that it almost made Daehyun drop to his knees. He didn’t know what to do when Yongguk put his hands on his shoulders and tilted his head to go in for the kill.

                “You know, even as fans, they seem to nail some private aspects of our lives right on the head.” Yongguk said as he sniggered, reading over Daehyun’s shoulder. Daehyun nearly jumped out of his chair because he was so started and he shut off the iPad faster than a bullet could have been shot.

                “Yongguk! For Christ’s sake!” Daehyun yelled, clutching his heart because it was beating so fast. “Don’t scare me like that!”

                “What’re you reading?” he asked despite Daehyun’s warning. Daehyun just rolled his eyes and he turned back on the iPad and patted the seat next to him.

                “A fanfiction from back in the day. I don’t know why, but I always find them so intriguing and sometimes they’re better than some books I’ve read. It’s weird that I’ll read about you and I written by someone else and I’ll think that it’s so true and I want us to end up together or something. Like, right now, you’re about to kiss me and I’m panicking. I think sometimes they’re pretty accurate though ninety percent of these people don’t’ know how gay works. They think you can just use spit as lube and you’ll be fine.” Daehyun explained and Yongguk cringed a little.

                “They’re teenaged girls, Daehyun. I’m sure none of them have had gay .” Yongguk said, and Daehyun just eyed him.

                “It’s called , and I’m sure more than enough of them have watched it if they have the time to be writing about us in the first place.” Daehyun said. Yongguk kept on reading though.

He stopped though, just inches before their lips touched and he grinned. Daehyun wondered what was going through his mind and he’d trudge though galaxies to even get a glimpse into it. Yongguk smirked that same one he had fallen for when they first met and he swallowed all the air he could because Yongguk was taking his breath away and his lungs craved oxygen.

                “Are you sure we should kiss?” Yongguk asked, and Daehyun nodded, his mouth dry as a desert but he knew he wanted this more than anything. “Are you really sure?”

                “I am.” Daehyun replied. He was short of breath and he thought he might pass out because Yongguk’s being was just so powerful and he was nothing in it.

                “You’re nothing in my being. Do you see that?” Yongguk laughed, pointing at the line, and Daehyun just smiled and swatted at his hand before reading on.

                “I am very sure we should kiss. I’ve been waiting eons for this moment and now that it’s here, you’re denying me it.” Daehyun said. Yongguk tutted.

                “I’m not denying you anything.” he said, his fingers tightening their grip on Daehyun’s shoulders before he leaned in even more, his eyes shutting and lips pursing. Daehyun did the same, and before he knew it, his dreams had come true. Everything he had ever wished for came crashing down and the kiss felt like all the falling stars he had closed his eyes and clasped his hands after. Daehyun was finally in heaven and it was with Yongguk.

                “That’s not too far off to be honest.” Daehyun said, looking at Yongguk with softened eyes. Yongguk just stared at him with his mouth in an ‘o’ shape and he blushed lightly. Daehyun couldn’t help but to blush too, but he didn’t know what else to say other than the truth. Yongguk looked on at him.

                “Oh.” Was all he could say, and Daehyun nodded.

                Yongguk didn’t want to admit it, but he was on cloud nine as well. Daehyun’s lips were so pillow soft and he wanted to rest on them for as long as his lungs would allow. He was so in love with Daehyun that he didn’t know what to do and as their leader, it was wrong but he couldn’t stop himself. He wasn’t going to stop himself because love knows no bounds and Yongguk would be damned if he let his ego get in the way of loving Daehyun.

                Daehyun laughed a little because the ego part was so right and the author didn’t even know it. He really was someone who put his art above everything and even it was hard to let go of it for Daehyun, but Daehyun watched slowly as he did and it was beautiful and he fell in love with Yongguk more after that. Some days he prioritized it over Daehyun but that was as expected. It was his work.

                After they pulled away from the kiss, they smiled against each other’s skin and everything was set into place. This was what comfort felt like, or so they thought. They’d have moments where one another’s arms would be like a cage and where a kiss would taste bitter and not like the other. They didn’t know what they had coming, but as long as they had each other, it couldn’t be all that bad. Love was love and they were going to love for love’s sake. Daehyun loved Yongguk, and Yongguk loved him back. There were no if, ands, or buts about it. Through all the turmoil they had to endure and the years of strayed glances and fought feelings, they realized this was it. This was where they belonged.