Pirate-Ninja-Zombie Wars

30 Moments

19.Pirate-Ninja-Zombie Wars

“Don’t you think it would be cool if the world ended with like… like a pirate-ninja-zombie war?” Daehyun asked Yongguk one day as they were on a lunch date. Conversation was running slow no thanks to the argument they had two days prior and this was sort of a make-up lunch on Yongguk’s part. Daehyun was always open to getting food though he wasn’t ready to let go of the fight. He remembered every single fight they’ve had since they’d been together since they were few and far in between. He hated it when it had to come down to awkward dates like this but it always did.

                “I really don’t. That seems like it would be too much to handle. Especially since we don’t know what kind of pirates they are, how adept they are with their ninja skills, or the kind of zombies they are.” Yongguk said, biting a piece of bacon and deciding he needed syrup on it. Daehyun leaned back and took a sip of his drink through the straw and he was running low. He eyed it when it made a slurping noise.

                “What do you mean we don’t know what kind of pirates they are?” Daehyun asked. “Are there more than one kind?”

                “Yeah. There’s like the ones you see in the movies and Somali pirates which are a ton worse. Also, what constitutes being a ninja now in these modern times? Aer we talking about like, Naruto ninjas or the ones that can slice off someone’s head with a shuriken?” Yongguk asked, and Daehyun really pondered the though. “Not to mention the zombie part which is the nastiest. Can they run? Swim? Climb? Are they intelligent and do they locate you by sound or by sight because what if they don’t have eyes? Is it infection zombies or are they the ones they come up from the ground?”

                “Infection, obviously.” Daehyun said, cutting off the onslaught of questions. “Look, if they were classic horror movie zombies, they’d have to dig up through eight feet of dirt and not to mention a coffin as well. With the amount of decay they’ve been through it’d be impossible. Infection is the only way and they probably can’t swim but I’d like to think they can climb at least and yes, these zombies can run.” Daehyun said. “Also, they hear you. They aren’t intelligent though. They’re reanimated corpses and they only have one thought and that’s that they want to feast!”

                The waitress came to the table and gave Daehyun another glass of chocolate milk and Yongguk finally asked for his syrup after eating another two slices of bacon. He hated asking for things when it only benefitted him. He nodded along to what Daehyun was saying and then he gave him a look of bewilderment.

                “What brought this up anyways?” he asked, and Daehyun shrugged, taking a rather large bite of his waffle and it took him longer than it really should have for him to chew and swallow. He had to chase it with a large gulp of milk so he didn’t have that gross feeling in his chest like it was just stuck there.

                “I don’t know. I was just thinking that if anything that extreme happened I’d want to be sure you and I were on good terms. I don’t want to end my life being mad at someone, you know? No regrets.” he said, and Yongguk nodded, understanding what Daehyun was getting at. He still felt miserable that morning after he came out of the studio and saw Daehyun at the dining room table, fast asleep with a little puddle of drool. As quietly as he could, he did the dishes and then he carried Daehyun back off to bed and tucked him in. There were days when he was a ty boyfriend but he wanted to fix that.

                “Yeah. No regrets.” Yongguk replied back with a small smile playing on his lips. “And if that ever did happen, I’d hope you were by my side since you seem to have a plan on what to do.”

                “A plan?” Daehyun asked. “Oh, hell no. I don’t have a plan of attack or survival at all. All I know is the logistics of the actual war and other than that’s it’s up in the air. It’s all free game. My only survival tip is run faster than the dudes you’re with.” Daehyun said, laughing and Yongguk couldn’t help but to crack a smile as well, and then it blossomed into laughter. Daehyun was sniggering as well, thinking about how the two of them were hopeless in the event.

                “I don’t think I’d leave you behind. I’d probably carry you or die with you.” Yongguk said to Daehyun, and he agreed.

                “I was going to follow up with that but you beat me to it.” Daehyun said, pointing his fork at Yongguk and waving it. “You smooth talker, you.”

                “It’s not smooth talking if it’s true.” Yongguk came back, and Daehyun just blushed and looked down at his plate. He moved a few things around on it and stabbed at a sausage before cramming it into his mouth. He didn’t want to say anything dumb. “Anyways,” Yongguk started out.  “Sorry about the fight. I shouldn’t have been so… so mean.”

                “And I shouldn’t have hit you.” Daehyun followed up. “Let’s promise to not to that mad at each other again. Or at least try not to. I don’t like losing control like that and I love you too much to really want to cause you harm.” Daehyun expressed.

                “Fair enough.” he replied. “I love you too much too to ever want to feel that much anger towards you. And after I ate, I really did feel better.” Yongguk said, and Daehyun smirked.

                “What have I always told you? Daehyun knows best.”

                “Shut up.” Yongguk laughed. “Don’t underestimate me. I will run faster and leave the zombies to get you.”