An Adventure!

30 Moments

11.An Adventure!

Daehyun and Yongguk needed to leave the house sooner or later. They both wanted a vacation, so they were going to take one. Yongguk thought about going on a cruise but Daehyun got seasick and then Daehyun just said maybe the beach would be nice, but Yongguk didn’t like getting too much sun because he said he wanted to keep his skin white, to which Daehyun said that was racist and Yongguk agreed. He apologized and he said that Daehyun was beautiful even with his deeply bronzed Busan skin. He smiled, warm like melted caramel, and Yongguk kissed him to get the taste. He then decided the beach would be a wonderful place to take a vacation, if only it was the right season.

                Fall was coming up on them and the beach was more of a summer thing. Daehyun whined it was still hot outside but truth be told Yongguk just really did not like the beach. He wasn’t a strong swimmer and he also hated being in a swimsuit in front of so many people. He was self-conscious because he had lost a little too much weight in his plight for abs. Daehyun still thought he was y as ever, but Yongguk couldn’t quite build the muscle like he wanted. That was okay. Yongguk didn’t really need to care about his body as much anymore and he’d happily eat ramen on the daily if it came down to it. He just didn’t care.

                But, alas, despite him complaining, Daehyun had packed beach towels and swim trunks and they drove down to the shore and rented a nice hotel. They were just friends going out to have a good time and pick up chicks though as far as the public was concerned. They just didn’t want to risk it. It was mostly Yongguk not wanting to risk it while Daehyun would hold hands with him in the open and kiss him had Yongguk let him. That in itself was an adventure to Daehyun: Seeing how far he could push Yongguk’s boundaries when it came to public displays of affection. He never wanted to make him truly uncomfortable, but he did want to let Yongguk know that other people wouldn’t get used to it unless it was seen. Stable exposure would lead to a more open mind. Yongguk didn’t quite believe it worked like that, but for the sake of his boyfriend, he’d maybe hold his hand if the streets weren’t crowded.

                In private, Yongguk would do bar anything for and with Daehyun though. Had Daehyun asked to spit on him and call him a , he’d ask why first but he’d let him do it. He cared for Daehyun that much and Daehyun never got why he was so willing to obey his every want. Most likely, Daehyun thought it was because on the outside of their own four walls, Yongguk didn’t show him any sign of liking him and that was somewhat damaging because at first, Daehyun thought he might have been ashamed of him but in reality it was because he didn’t want to be ridiculed and Daehyun hadn’t even thought about that. He knew that sometimes they might be chastised but it never dawned on him a stranger might say something or they could get attacked simply because they liked the same gender. Still, Daehyun wanted to be with Yongguk and he liked being close to him. The physical intimacy was something he craved and Yongguk gave it to him when it was convenient but Daehyun just wanted it as much as he could.

                They found a middle ground though in which they were both happy. Yongguk would show him PDA when very few people were around and that seemed to suffice for the younger male. He just wanted to show someone, anyone, how much he loved his boyfriend and if they didn’t like it, he didn’t care. It wasn’t his problem and times were changing. They’d get snide looks from the older crowd but people their age wouldn’t bat an eye and some even gave them a thumbs up or they’d eye them in hopes to ask if maybe there was room for one more. Unfortunately, they were together with one another and that was it. Daehyun wasn’t one for sharing when it came to things life food or clothing and especially not his boyfriend. Yongguk was his and his alone and he felt slightly bad for being so clingy, but who was he to care? Wasn’t that part of being in a relationship? He tried to not think about it too much as they walked hand in hand down the shoreline while the sun set on a rather temped day. Yongguk’s chest shone with sweat and Daehyun thought he looked ravishing.

                And when they got back to the hotel, Daehyun let him know that as he kissed Yongguk’s body up and down and in all the spaces his lips could reach. Even then, the places he couldn’t reach he wished he could. Yongguk was so amazing to Daehyun when he didn’t think he deserved it. Their lives were an adventure in figuring out one another while still trying to figure out themselves. It was like a puzzle for two while they had to work on a Rubrics’ Cube that was themselves. Two tireless things but once completed it was so satisfying.

                That night, they opened the windows to their room and let the beach breeze flow in and they could smell the salt in the air and the sand in their hair from when they went swimming. Legs were tangled together and the sheets were thrown off the bed because it was too hot. Yongguk dozed off before Daehyun which he was happy about, because Yongguk’s sleeping face was the true meaning of peace. He kissed it. Daehyun giggled, and the days to come it’d be the same.

                One thing Daehyun never had to venture into again was if he loved Yongguk. That was fact.