Explosions

30 Moments

18.Explosions

When Daehyun was mad, people said it was like an explosion had ripped through his being and now the smoke and flames was being poured out from his mouth and he destroyed everything in his path. Daehyun hated getting mad because of that. But, there were just some days when he couldn’t help it. Living with another person meant that you had to be aware of everything they did, both the bad and the good. But, when Yongguk did something that ticked Daehyun off, he couldn’t let it go. Yongguk knew Daehyun absolutely despised when he wouldn’t eat yet, after the 3rd night in the studio, nothing but a cup of ramen and fruit snacks was consumed. Daehyun knocked and everything started out calmly.

                “Yongguk, you need to eat. I made some food and it’s in the kitchen nice and warm and ready to be eaten at once. I’ll give you five more minutes before I’m back in here.” Daehyun said, and Yongguk looked up from his desk.

                “Okay mom. And I’m really not hungry. Thanks for the meal though. You can stick it in the fridge and I’ll eat it later.” Yongguk replied, and Daehyun cocked his hip and placed his hand on it.

                “You said that two days ago with the meal I cooked then and it’s still untouched in the fridge.” Daehyun said. “I don’t care if you’re not hungry, you need to eat.” he scolded. “Force yourself.”

                “I’m not Himchan.” Yongguk snapped as he erased at his paper and he looked frustrated. “I know how to handle myself.”

                “Don’t talk to me like that and don’t trivialize Himchan’s eating disorder, Yongguk. I had one too, remember?” Daehyun said, sounding more hurt than mad at the comment. Yongguk didn’t budge an inch though and he scrawled down more words onto the paper.

                “Can you leave? I’m trying to work.” Yongguk asked harshly. Daehyun stood firm and grimaced at him.

                “Can you stop being a and get up and eat? It won’t take more than five minutes and you need a break anyways.” Daehyun said, and Yongguk this time slammed down the pencil and shot up from his desk.

                “Did you not ing hear me? I said I was trying to work!” he shouted, and Daehyun stood upright and gritted his teeth.

                “Yes, I ing heard you Bang Yongguk but are you so deaf that you didn’t hear me? I said dinner was ready and you need to eat. Maybe if you listened to me for once in your miserable life you wouldn’t be so sickly all the time or stressed out!”

 

                “What would you know about stress and hard work when all you do all day in sit in an office?” Yongguk yelled back, and Daehyun’s vein in his neck popped out as his blood boiled in his body.

                “Excuse me? You think I don’t bust my to bring money into his house just as much as you? Sure, my job is white collar but don’t for a ing second think that I don’t work! Luckily for you, you still get to do something you enjoy even though it kills you slowly!” Daehyun shouted as he started to near in on Yongguk. “You should be glad we’re not teenagers anymore or young adults for that matter because were we right now, I’d be within an inch of beating your .”

                “Like you even could.” Yongguk snarled, getting up from his seat and he towered over the younger boy, but Daehyun’s confidence was massive.

                “You really wanna test this?” he asked, clenching and unclenching his fist over and over before Yongguk shrugged with a smug demeanor.

                “Try me.”

                And all it took was one solid punch to Yongguk’s nose before his head snapped back and he fell back into his chair. Daehyun wasn’t done though. He wasn’t going to be done until Yongguk was unconscious and he could drag his into the dining room and cram food down his ungrateful throat. He kneed him once in the stomach and offered Yongguk a few solid punches to the side of his face until he felt a weak grip on his wrist and Yongguk’s face was swollen. He spat blood onto Daehyun as one final act of defiance before he shoved him off and walked past him. He had given up and let Daehyun do as he pleased before he finally caved in.

                It took Daehyun a few moments before he cooled down enough to even look Yongguk in the face again and not want to beat him some more. He was in the kitchen with a small plate in hand and he served himself the smallest portion he could. He was able to eat each one with one bite and he didn’t even take his place to the sink and wash it. He left it on the table and walked right past Daehyun and back into the studio. He didn’t even clean up the caked on blood on his face nor did he get ice to ease the swelling. It was all work and no play which made Yongguk, on certain days, a dull man. This was one of those days.

                Daehyun sat alone at the table the rest of the night with the plate still unmoved and the dishes dirty and the food wasn’t even put away. He didn’t want to sleep in the same house as Yongguk tonight but that wasn’t a possibility. He was going to curl up at the table and call it a night there. No shower. No food for him. No comfy bed and no cuddling. No goodnight kiss and not even the words would spill past his lips to Yongguk. He was being a baby about this when all Daehyun wanted to do was be sure he was okay. His eyelids drooped though after he shut the lights off and laid his head down in his arms. He wanted to dream of a place where his anger didn’t get the best of him, but sometimes, dreams are just that.

                Dreams.