A Challenge

30 Moments

15.A Challenge

Waking up some days for Yongguk was a whole new task he just didn’t want to deal with, but Daehyun made it a little more tolerable. Work was getting to him more often than not recently and he didn’t want to revert back to an old Yongguk that people didn’t like. He was always tired and irritable. Yongguk touched the tattoo that now covered his chest and he got it because he was coming out of that rut. He was smiling more and he needed a revolution in his life and he was going to be the change. He needed to fight himself and win if he wanted to get anywhere. Yongguk needed to take just a few steps forward and even if his legs shook with fear he was going to come out victorious.

                That was also the time in his life that Daehyun seemed more supportive than ever to everyone because his popularity was at its peak. Japan was eating him up and likewise in Korea and the United States and across all the continents, Daehyun was the poster boy for B.A.P but he didn’t mean to. He was humble with his newfound popularity and there he was at everyone’s side when they just needed someone to talk to or a shoulder to cry on. He was the one to help Yongguk tend to his new ink when everyone else was still on vacation. He was the one who was making Himchan food and siting with him for an hour or more until he ate it all.

                Daehyun was the one who was telling Youngjae it was going to be his time to shine soon enough and he forced him to look himself in the mirror when he danced and he scolded him for considering more plastic surgery. He hated being a hypocrite because his nose was touched up as well and Youngjae had done it too but now he was talking more and more about tummy tucks and other things that just weren’t necessary. Daehyun wouldn’t allow it. He also wasn’t going to allow all this talk of looks to get to Jongup because the one time he almost cried and Daehyun saw it, he broke down himself. Jongup wasn’t allowed to cry because Jongup was to remain the happiest member and everyone looked after him like he was their brother.

                Jongup, truth be told, had the biggest challenge of all the members and he felt like that it was his moral duty to not show emotion. He was breaking apart from the inside out and no one caught on until it was Yongguk who had to bring him down from a panic attack in which he destroyed the dorm and Junhong got hurt pretty badly. And after that incident, Daehyun was again by Junhong’s side and the guilt rained down on him as he struggled to tell Junhong that he loved Yongguk and that they had to stop kissing behind everyone’s back because Daehyun wanted to stay faithful to Yongguk which was another mountain he had to climb alone. He just had so much love in his body and he didn’t know how he could give it all to one person. He considered asking Yongguk for a polyamorous relationship but he didn’t think he could push him into that. It wasn’t that Yongguk was the jealous type it was just that he was a fairly traditional person. He had thrown a fit with himself long enough to even just admit he was gay.

                But once he got over that and once Daehyun laid Junhong down gently, the two of them became closer and closer and Yongguk started realizing that life wasn’t all so bad with someone you love by your side. Sure, life was a hassle and there would still be days where opening his eyes felt like a battle, but Daehyun was always there to be his second in command and his number one supporter. Likewise, Yongguk was going to be by Daehyun’s side until the world came down on them and the Heaven’s set fire and Hell was turned inside out. He wasn’t going anywhere and when Daehyun just had days that he didn’t think he could go another, Yongguk was going to kick his right back into gear and tell him it was going to be fine.

                And it was. It was going to be okay for the two boys as long as they had one another. It was nearing a time too when Yongguk thought he was going to tie the knot with Daehyun and he just now had to buy the ring and even that was a scary idea. What if he didn’t like the ring? He had more than enough money to pick out one with the biggest diamond he could find. He’d go to Africa and into the mines and dig one up himself if he had to, but if he didn’t have to he preferred not to but that was beside the point. The biggest obstacle of Yongguk’s life right now was just getting his thoughts together and even that seemed impossible. He was still going to do it whether he liked it or not because he had a responsibility to take care of himself and Daehyun and he’d be damned if he didn’t marry him.

                That would be the biggest mistake of his life if he ever let Daehyun go. He was his one true love and Yongguk knew that from the very core of his rapidly beating heart as he thought of the day they’d walk down the aisle and say their I do’s. They’d kiss happily and smile and look into one another’s eyes as they had so many times before except for now it would be so much more magical and meaningful. Yongguk would wake up again and again if it meant seeing Daehyun next to him each morning. No matter how hard it was.