Heaven on Hell

I Believe In Fate

 

 

On Saturday, I decided to call my best friend. I hadn't talked to her in awhile, and I think it was about time she heard about Taemin and I. Whatever was going on between us.

"Summer? Annyeong?" I said, greeting her in Korean like we used to do.

"ALINA, I FREAKING MISS YOU! You said you would call, you babo!" She said. I almost cried. Hearing her like this, like the old days made me feel so safe and at home.

"Ah~ I'm sorry. I've been busy with school...plus, there's this boy..." I started.

"Boy?! Alina! Tell me!" 

"You're probably gonna think I'm either lying or delusional. But I'm not. I can prove it," I knew she wouldn't believe me at first, so I wanted to go into the conversation with her knowing that I was being completely serious. I had always joked about knowing Taemin, saying, "Yeah, so, today me & Taemin hung out... It was no big deal," but this was the real thing. I wanted her to realize that.

"Okay, just tell me! The suspense is literally killing me. Plus, I have to go babysit soon, so make it quick,"

"Taemin Lee goes to my school, and we're good friends," I blurted out nervously.

"Okay... you can't possibly be serious..." She said. But I knew she believed me.

"I SWEAR ON TAEMIN LEE HIMSELF," I promised.

"Damn! That's totally crazy! Um, so, is Onew free Sunday?"  She joked.

"Haha, shut up. Go babysit,"

"Okay! I LOVE YOU!"

"I LOVE YOU TOO!" And with that, I hung up.

It felt so good to know I had someone to talk to. Although Summer was 2 years older than me, she had always been there for me. She never treated me like the maknae, she treated me like she was younger. And sometimes I even believed she was younger than me, too.

_______________________________________________________________

While I was in the middle of watching Secret Garden, I heard a knock on the door. Finally somebody. I felt like I was stuck on Hell.

But when I opened the door, suddenly the world turned into Heaven.

"Hi, Alina!" Taemin said. He looked especially cute today. He was wearing a cute winter hat and his cheeks were rosy and cute.

"Ah, Taemin! Come in!" I said. Damn it. If I knew, I would've made myself look cute.

 

TAEMIN'S P.O.V.

 

"Hyung, you need to hang out with her on the weekends too!" Onew prodded. He could tell I liked her, he didn't even have to ask.

"But...I'm nervous,"

"Just go and act like you normally do," He said, pushing me out the door.

I pulled my hat down on my head and snuggled my head into my scarf. Why did it have to be so hard? Why couldn't I just tell her how much I liked her? I was afraid. I was stupid. But I wasn't going to fail this.

I dragged my feet along the cold ground and stopped in front of her house. It was baby blue with a red door. Along the sides of the house, there were trees and bushes. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I felt like Onew in the 'Hello' music video.

When she opened the door, I was surprised. She looked so different not in her uniform. So beautiful and laid-back. I wasn't used to it. I instantly forgot everything I wanted to say and just foolishly said "Hi Alina!"

Ugh, couldn't I have been a little more original?

 

ALINA'S P.O.V.

 

I told him to sit down and make himself comfy, and told him I'd be right back. I dashed upstairs and put on a little make-up to make myself presentable and came back down again. 

"You look so... pretty," He said, shyly looking down.

"You look so pretty, too" I teased, tugging at one of the pompoms on his hat.

"Hey! I'm not pretty, okay?!" 

"Okay...sure," I winked at him. He groaned.

"Oh anyway, why'd you come?" I asked.

"Well, I was bored so..." He paused, biting his lip. "Uh, I was wondering if you wanted to like... go on a... like... hang out?"

I wished he had just said what I thought he was about to say. But just hearing him say that made me die a little inside. Could this possibly mean that he felt the same way towards me? No, I couldn't get my hopes up.